Is Trump a liar?

A place to find quick links to facts that support reality. Good for ending debates quickly, especially repeated debates.

Not intended as a place for discussion.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
I think so. Anyway, if you decide you want a house mate who won't steal the fucking towel racks, let me know. I can't take this Tennessee waltz much longer because I don't dance.
I was confused after reading that your senator lamar was going to put his country above trump.
He has never done anything in his life that wasn't 100% repug. So why do people write articles expecting him or Collins or whatever repug liar to be different this time?
Well, before the Senate vote there was speculation that he and Collins and Murkowski and one or two more of them would vote to allow witness testimony. Marsha Blackburn is a lost cause and is a blatant trump whore, which I pointed out to her in an email yesterday evening after she prevented two election security bills from advancing in the Senate. Still haven't heard back from her on that even though I said "I expect an answer" in my note. That may have been the only sentence that wasn't ripe with choice profanity in the whole message and it was about two hundred words.

I'm not so sure that ol lamar ain't worse than blackburn. At least she's easy to identify as a trump whore or a corporate whore or whatever, not so with pretty boy lamar. He just slips along with media praise for his reasonableness without ever having done anything reasonable in his sorry plaid shirt life.
Well, for better or worse, Alexander will soon be gone. But who knows what kind of nutjob these gullible ignorant fools around here will elect in his stead. As for Marsha, the hell with her. The other day I sent her a nice email calling her everything but a white woman over her prevention of two election security bills advancing; it only took one Senator to stop them, and she stood up and did it. I hope she dies soon.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4120
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:50 am
It's a 21st Century classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkU1ob_lHCw

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Updated April 3, 2020:

In 1,170 days, President Trump has made 18,000 false or misleading claims
The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false or misleading claims made by President Trump since assuming office.

At this pace, 400/mo, I estimate about 21,600 by 1/20/2021. However, the pace may be slowing because he could rattle off 50 or 100 at a single rally.

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:28 am
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
Not according to con Catholics.
"Is the Pope Catholic" is an old way of expressing certainty that something about someone is actually as immutable as the Catholicism of the head of the Catholic Church.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 am
"Is the Pope Catholic" is an old way of expressing certainty that something about someone is actually as immutable as the Catholicism of the head of the Catholic Church.
I'm aware of that. My post is commentary on the strong Catholic con reaction to this somewhat liberal pope.

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:51 am
Ulysses wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 am
I'm aware of that. My post is commentary on the strong Catholic con reaction to this somewhat liberal pope.
Oh, is that a fact?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 am
Oh, is that a fact?
I haven't seen much about it in the news lately, but there was vicious con reaction to Francis his first couple of years as Pope. He did a lot of bureaucratic housecleaning, expressed some tolerance for gays and took more liberal positions on other issues.

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:18 am
Ulysses wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 am
Oh, is that a fact?
I haven't seen much about it in the news lately, but there was vicious con reaction to Francis his first couple of years as Pope. He did a lot of bureaucratic housecleaning, expressed some tolerance for gays and took more liberal positions on other issues.
Sounds more like opinion/discussion than immutable fact.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 am
Sounds more like opinion/discussion than immutable fact.
:confusion-scratchheadblue: :?:

I'm not opining one way or the other. As you can easily look up:

Pope Francis did do a lot of bureaucratic housecleaning;
Pope Francis did express some tolerance for gays;
Pope Francis did take more liberal positions on other issues than his predecessors;
Con Catholics did strongly react to these things and question whether he's a "real" Catholic, just like our fundies question whether liberal Christian churches are "real" Christians.

Did you really not know any of this?

Whatever, if you still dispute whether any of these are facts you are welcome to post contrary evidence and/or gripe to banni. Good luck.