Trump response to COVID-19

A place to find quick links to facts that support reality. Good for ending debates quickly, especially repeated debates.

Not intended as a place for discussion.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump response to COVID-19

Unread post by Vrede too »

Washington Post Sums Up Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Failings With A Scorching Analogy

... In a column published Thursday, the newspaper’s board said the U.S. is currently “reeling from an absence of leadership” by Trump and his administration.

“As the house burns, Mr. Trump is standing on the front lawn, boasting of success, denying responsibility, ordering others to grab the garden hose and promising that everything will be back to normal soon,” the board wrote, warning: “His fecklessness is costing the country dearly.”

... It doubted Trump was up to the job, however, given how the president has essentially “passed responsibility to the governors, is now urging them to reopen too soon, risking more infections, more death and still more economic loss.”

“The nation’s economic implosion demands action, but the correct response is to reopen in a way that is sustainable and does not cost thousands of additional lives,” the board concluded. “Mr. Trump not only does not know how to get there, but he also appears unwilling to seriously tackle the problem. We may soon see terrible consequences from his abdication.”

Read the full editorial here.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Coronavirus update: U.S. death toll tops 73,000, as Trump administration shelves ‘too cautious’ CDC guide on reopening

Nurses stand among 88 pairs of empty shoes representing those that have died from COVID-19

Cadet Bone Spurs has drafted nurses, doctors and ancillary medical staff to fight his war on science and the American people.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

AP Exclusive: Docs show top WH officials buried CDC report

The decision to shelve detailed advice from the nation’s top disease control experts for reopening communities during the coronavirus pandemic came from the highest levels of the White House, according to internal government emails obtained by The Associated Press.

The files also show that after the AP reported Thursday that the guidance document had been buried, the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval.

The trove of emails show the nation's top public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spending weeks working on guidance to help the country deal with a public health emergency, only to see their work quashed by political appointees with little explanation.

The document, titled “Guidance for Implementing the Opening Up America Again Framework,” was researched and written to help faith leaders, business owners, educators and state and local officials as they begin to reopen. It included detailed “decision trees,” or flow charts aimed at helping local leaders navigate the difficult decision of whether to reopen or remain closed.
:( People will die, lots of them.
White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany said Friday that the documents had not been approved by CDC Director Robert Redfield. The new emails, however, show that Redfield cleared the guidance.

This new CDC guidance — a mix of advice already released along with newer information — had been approved and promoted by the highest levels of its leadership, including Redfield. Despite this, the administration shelved it on April 30...
We should not be surprised. A week ago:
Trump’s New Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Lied In Her First Briefing

President Donald Trump’s fourth White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, made her podium debut yesterday and promised reporters that she would never lie. McEnany continued with the press conference, where she proceeded to lie.

It was Associated Press reporter Jill Colvin who critically asked McEnany if she pledged never to lie while addressing the media.

“I will never lie to you,” McEnany responded. “You have my word on that.”

McEnany’s premiere at the podium included a litany of untruths and/or false claims, including about the protests in Michigan, claims against China, and the origins of COVID-19, Michael Flynn, and the Mueller investigation....
:roll: :obscene-birdiered:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses
Commander

Coronavirus: The lost six weeks when US failed to contain outbreak

Unread post by Ulysses »

Coronavirus: The lost six weeks when US failed to contain outbreak

Having watched Asian and European countries struggle against Covid-19, the US was slow to ramp up testing and order its residents to stay at home. We look at this crucial time period and what exactly was done to prevent the outbreak.
Click on link above for details.

Ulysses
Commander

Biologist: Avoid these places to protect against Covid-19

Unread post by Ulysses »

University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Biology Professor Erin Bromage tells CNN's John Berman which environments have an increased risk of spreading coronavirus.
The list includes workplaces, social gatherings, restaurants, and public transportation.

Interestingly, a point is made that if an indoor place is noisy, then the risk of infection is higher due to people talking more loudly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:48 pm
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Biology Professor Erin Bromage tells CNN's John Berman which environments have an increased risk of spreading coronavirus.
The list includes workplaces, social gatherings, restaurants, and public transportation.

Interestingly, a point is made that if an indoor place is noisy, then the risk of infection is higher due to people talking more loudly.
What does this have to do with Trump response to COVID-19? Does PINO disagree with Bromage at the link? Did you forget about your own How to know and avoid Corona Virus risks?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4153

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:50 pm
Ulysses wrote:

What does this have to do with Trump response to COVID-19? Does PINO disagree with Bromage at the link? Did you forget about your own How to know and avoid Corona Virus risks?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4153
Oh stop being such a pathetic pedantic OCD whiner.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:37 pm
Awww, you poor illiterate thing. I merely asked questions, ones you're cowering from, and didn't whine at all.
(in fact, I was very careful not to in anticipating this exact tantrum, you are so easy!)

Truth be told I think it's hilarious that you're too stupid to even find your own more appropriate topic in this subforum and hope you will do it some more :-|| .

Anyhow, you're welcome for the directions to YOUR OWN topic.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4153&p=119350#p119350
It must sting to have re-posted :lol: .

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Listen up, people!

The OCD Self-appointed Hall Monitor has spoken!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:47 pm
What "Hall Monitor", crybaby? I praised your stupidity and encouraged you to repeat it.

billy.pilgrim doesn't like it when you deceptively alter posters' words:
viewtopic.php?p=118219#p118219
I won't hold my breath waiting for him to scold you.

I think you may have missed this. I edited just before you posted.
Vrede too wrote:

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Some people just can't face facts.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Facts:
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:37 pm
Awww, you poor illiterate thing. I merely asked questions, ones you're cowering from, and didn't whine at all.
(in fact, I was very careful not to in anticipating this exact tantrum, you are so easy!)

Truth be told I think it's hilarious that you're too stupid to even find your own more appropriate topic in this subforum and hope you will do it some more :-|| .

You cower, as always.

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Re: Biologist: Avoid these places to protect against Covid-19

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Ulysses wrote:

Thanks, good to see something relevant in a trump thread.

But I guess everything is open for attack these days.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I think you're confused about the definition of "relevant".

I appreciate your support. It is indeed a shame that Ulysses attacked me for asking some polite questions about his post.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Faced with an appalling US coronavirus death toll, the right denies the figures

Donald Trump
Top Trump officials
Fox News personalities
Brit Hume
Tucker Carlson
Laura Ingraham
Alex Jones, the InfoWars host
Diamond and Silk
Scott Jensen, a Minnesota state senator and family physician
40% of Republicans
Sean Hannity

It makes me wish that there is a Hell because these assholes would surely be sent to it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Placed in this thread for quick reference, though it condemns not just President* Trump but also the too passive, mostly GOP Govs:
Lockdown Delays Cost at Least 36,000 Lives, Data Show

If the United States had begun imposing social distancing measures one week earlier than it did in March, about 36,000 fewer people would have died in the coronavirus outbreak, according to new estimates from Columbia University disease modelers.

And if the country had begun locking down cities and limiting social contact on March 1, two weeks earlier than most people started staying home, the vast majority of the nation’s deaths — about 83% — would have been avoided, the researchers estimated.

Under that scenario, about 54,000 fewer people would have died by early May....

After Italy and South Korea had started aggressively responding to the virus, President Donald Trump resisted canceling campaign rallies or telling people to stay home or avoid crowds. The risk of the virus to most Americans was very low, he said.

“Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on,” Trump tweeted on March 9, suggesting that the flu was worse than the coronavirus. “At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

In fact, tens of thousands of people had already been infected by that point, researchers later estimated. But a lack of widespread testing allowed those infections to go undetected, hiding the urgency of an outbreak that most Americans still identified as a foreign threat....
:cry: