Middle East

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Middle East

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:14 pm
... Across the other side of the dock, a passenger ship, the Orient Queen, has been blown on to its side by the blast, while other vessels appear destroyed....

2020 Beirut explosion

Orient Queen arrived in Beirut on 27 June 2020 following a 22-day voyage from King Abdullah Port in Saudi Arabia. On 4 August 2020, the vessel was severely damaged by an ammonium nitrate explosion while moored at her berth.

The ship was left listing to starboard. Two crew, both Filipino nationals, were killed and several people injured. A crewmember, interviewed after the explosion, stated "The ship is totally destroyed – the cabins, the saloon, everything". The ship capsized that night after her list worsened, then partially sunk. Several other ships were damaged in the same incident.
Sad. Could have been far worse.
https://www.orientqueen.com/about-us/
... Not to forget, couples bringing their children have the unique opportunity to cater for their needs at the advanced kid's center....

... Staterooms 154 ... Capacity: 300 Guests.... International crew member: 153

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nurse Saves 3 Newborns After She Was Knocked Unconscious in Beirut Explosion

... "I noticed the nurse's calm, which contrasted the surrounding atmosphere just one meter away,” he explained. “However, the nurse looked like she possessed a hidden force that gave her self-control and the ability to save those children....
Sniff :( :-|| :angel4:
The hospital that the nurse was working at--Al Roum hospital--suffered extensive damage and saw a devastating loss of life. According to the report that George Saad, the disaster manager for the hospital, gave CNN, a total of 12 patients, two visitors, and four nurses died in the explosion. And the hospital itself was practically destroyed, with 80% of the structure damaged and over half of its equipment wiped out.

Nurses’ Sacrifice

On an Instagram post, Maria Hajjar, who says she is a nurse in nearby Saint George Hospital in Lebanon, located only a mile away from the explosion that was quickly flooded with patients, described the devastation of the area and the tragedy of losing coworkers. After initially treating patients with basic care, Saint George Hospital was evacuated due to the extent of the damage it suffered.

“I am a registered nurse in Saint George Hospital Lebanon, and I can't tell you the big devastating tragedy we are in,” Hajar wrote. “My colleagues are superhero nurses who passed away yesterday. They were my family and they are now our heroes and angels. Thank God I survived, but we are really devastated. Nurses, patients, visitors, many people died....”

On Facebook, the Nurses Order of Lebanon posted a memorial to five nurses--Lena Abu Hamdan, Jesse Qahuji David, Jessica Bazdjian, Mirai Germanos and Jacqueline Gibrin-- that lost their lives in the explosion ...
RIP
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Beirut port blast crater 43 metres deep: security official

The huge chemical explosion that hit Beirut's port, devastating large parts of the Lebanese capital and claiming over 150 lives, left a 43-metre (141 foot) deep crater, a security official said Sunday.

The blast Tuesday, which was felt across the county and as far as the island of Cyprus, was recorded by the sensors of the American Institute of Geophysics (USGS) as having the power of a magnitude 3.3 earthquake....

The huge blast also wounded at least 6,000 people and displaced more than 300,000 from their destroyed or damaged homes....
:shock:
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Well, trump doesn't have much time left to start a war. He will probably assassinate another Iranian General before the month is over.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:42 am
Well, trump doesn't have much time left to start a war. He will probably assassinate another Iranian General before the month is over.
He's decided to stoke one here, going to Kenosha today.
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:46 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:42 am
He's decided to stoke one here, going to Kenosha today.
Maybe he will get shot with a "paint is not bullets" paint gun. And then, on the bright side he could get shot in the back seven times and be paralyzed in the mouth.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

The past couple of days the trumpaloons have been crowing about how great it is that they've managed to get the UAE and Bahrain to establish diplomatic relations with Israel. Last time I checked, the main issue in the Middle East is between Israel and the Palestinians. As far as I know, the UAE nor Bahrain have not been stealing land and killing Palestinians. Can someone explain how this "peace deal" delivers any peace? To me, it's sort of like the fire department showing up at a fire and drenching the building next door that isn't on fire with water and bragging about what a great job they're doing.