Beer Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25748
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Whack9 »

Image
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3345
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
Image
:lolno: :lolno: :-|| :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Whack9 »

We'd sneak liquor into music festivals by drilling a hole in the bottom of a water bottle, using a syringe you get at CVS to insert vodka or white rum, then hot gluing it shut.

Worked like a charm.
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25748
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 pm
(pics)
:lolno: :lolno: :-|| :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl:
Ditto :lolno: :lolno: :-|| :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: Oh baby!
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Ulysses
Commander
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: I Get Around

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Ulysses »

In the 70's-80's, Dos Equis was the go-to beer in my crowd.

Then it was Anchor Steam.

When the craft beer boom started, IPA's and all that got popular.

For the past few years I've preferred Tecate. Recently went low carb and got some Tecate Light. Not bad; more flavor (and carbs) than the top rated light beer, Miller Lite.

Budweiser in any incarnation? Nope.
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 12939
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by O Really »

Way back in the day, when Budweiser was actually Budweiser, I liked it. Haven't touched it in decades, though. Enjoyed a lot of Molson Golden and (regular) Coors over the years before crafts. Haven't willingly had a major commercial beer in a long time. Not a big fan of IPAs, but I do love a good stout.

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Whack9 »

I hate to admit it, but I've been drinking those seltzer "beer" things.
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 pm
I hate to admit it, but I've been drinking those seltzer "beer" things.
I don't know what those are. And I never tried to drink beer by trying to let it trickle down a thread; takes too long. I used to have a beer hat that would hold two beers in cans and it had a Y adapter straw so you could drink both beers at the same time. It was much better than a thread but I've not worn it in years.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25748
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:49 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 pm
I hate to admit it, but I've been drinking those seltzer "beer" things.
I don't know what those are....
Hard seltzer

I've never tried one.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Ulysses
Commander
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: I Get Around

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Ulysses »

Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25748
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
It sounds similar, marketed at the time as a "beer cooler". I did have some of those, never became a fan but don't recall being repulsed, at least no more so than I was by any Coors product.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zima_(drink)
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:00 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:49 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 pm
I hate to admit it, but I've been drinking those seltzer "beer" things.
I don't know what those are....
Hard seltzer

I've never tried one.
Yeah that's it. They're good if you're out at a pool or something. Not as heavy as beer, but they still get you feeling right.
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 12939
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm


Yeah that's it. They're good if you're out at a pool or something. Not as heavy as beer, but they still get you feeling right.
A Leinie Summer Shandy is good for that, too.
https://www.leinie.com/beer/summer-shandy

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:40 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm


Yeah that's it. They're good if you're out at a pool or something. Not as heavy as beer, but they still get you feeling right.
A Leinie Summer Shandy is good for that, too.
https://www.leinie.com/beer/summer-shandy
That's a good'n for sure.

Dos Equis, too. Don't know why but they always seemed refreshing in the summer. Blue Moon, too.
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8668
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:
Never had a Zima, but I did date a Huntsville girl. Her dad was a rocket designer there after the war. Before the war he worked for the nazis.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:
Never had a Zima, but I did date a Huntsville girl. Her dad was a rocket designer there after the war. Before the war he worked for the nazis.
Yeah, guess it just goes to show that none of us are more than six degrees removed from association or at least exposure to Nazis. And the US did bring dozens of them over here after the war to work on rocket design. Plus we now have a wannabe Nazi for a president.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8668
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:
Never had a Zima, but I did date a Huntsville girl. Her dad was a rocket designer there after the war. Before the war he worked for the nazis.
Yeah, guess it just goes to show that none of us are more than six degrees removed from association or at least exposure to Nazis. And the US did bring dozens of them over here after the war to work on rocket design. Plus we now have a wannabe Nazi for a president.

Her name was Heidi. She, her 6 siblings and both parents were all very blond and very white with sky blue eyes. He told me that he was forced to work for the nazis and was glad when the Americans brought him here.

That was the story and I accepted it wholeheartedly every time I looked at his daughter.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6001
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Beer Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:32 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:03 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Zima was like a seltzer beer. But probably sweeter and more calories.
Ok, I know about Zima; one of the first women I ever went out with after being divorced was a tall as me blonde who came to the US from Germany after she married a US soldier. She would drink Zima and I took a taste of one; didn't like it, too tart. And this girl showed me a photo album with pics of her as a child in some German advertisements and as I flipped through the album all of a sudden there was an 8 x 10 photo of her father in his German military uniform; I couldn't help but notice the two lightning bolt insignia on his collar.....SS. She said he was never charged by the Allies for any crimes. All the same, I pondered the circumstance that I was sitting here with the daughter of a former SS officer. :shock:
Never had a Zima, but I did date a Huntsville girl. Her dad was a rocket designer there after the war. Before the war he worked for the nazis.
Yeah, guess it just goes to show that none of us are more than six degrees removed from association or at least exposure to Nazis. And the US did bring dozens of them over here after the war to work on rocket design. Plus we now have a wannabe Nazi for a president.

Her name was Heidi. She, her 6 siblings and both parents were all very blond and very white with sky blue eyes. He told me that he was forced to work for the nazis and was glad when the Americans brought him here.

That was the story and I accepted it wholeheartedly every time I looked at his daughter.
Damn, I know what you mean, man. This woman's name was Heike and she was a fine specimen; blonde hair, tall and slim, still spoke with an accent. She was quite alluring; I think she got married to some other guy. All this happened nearly twenty years ago; they could all be dead for all I know.

Post Reply