OWS

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:05 am

It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 am

It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 am

Freshmen Dems ‘changing everything’ for Trump (video)

Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) joins Lawrence O'Donnell to discuss her pointed questioning of Trump administration officials and corporate CEOs that has quickly given her a reputation for delivering must-see moments in Congressional hearings.
The entire report is interesting to me, but what rally made me sit up and take notice is at 5:30 - 7:30. Wow, I just saw the CEO of Wells Fargo get raked . . . by my 3rd grade teacher. :lol:

:---P

Evidently, she's been doing this a lot. Here she is vs. Dolt .45's wholly unqualified CFPB director, Kathy Kraninger, 2:00 - 5:00.
Lawrence's Last Word (video)

Watch freshman Congresswoman Katie Porter teach another Trump administration official yet another lesson in a House committee hearing.
OMG, she schooled Kraninger from a book that Porter wrote on the topic, a book!

:---P

Katie Porter is "the first Democrat to be elected to represent California's 45th congressional district" after beating Mimi Walters (incumbent) 52-48, Orange County! The Repugs must be really hating losing that one about now.

Lots of attention being given AOC, which is great, but it looks like there other rock stars among the rookies.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Image

Petition to Congress:

"Support Rep. Maxine Waters' Consumer First Act to restore the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and undo the damage of Donald Trump's Wall Street first administration."
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2868
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: OWS

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm

I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.
John Michael Mulvaney (/mʌlˈveɪni/; born July 21, 1967) is an American politician of the Republican Party who is serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff. Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

Kathleen Laura Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official serving as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 6, 2018.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2868
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: OWS

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.
John Michael Mulvaney (/mʌlˈveɪni/; born July 21, 1967) is an American politician of the Republican Party who is serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff. Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

Kathleen Laura Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official serving as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 6, 2018.
Well, shit in a tree and fall down in it......since I've been out of the country checking on my diamond mine and my teak harvesting concern I've been out of touch with Mick's latest greatest gig. I still say fuck him. He's fake. And I have every confidence that Kathleen will carry on Mick's stupid fucked up legacy.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:33 pm

North Carolina GOP chair, major donor charged with bribery

State GOP Chairman Robin Hayes and insurance and investment firm founder Greg Lindberg were among those charged with bribery, conspiracy and other crimes.

The chairman of North Carolina’s Republican Party, an insurance magnate and two of his associates are facing federal charges for a plan to shower the state’s top insurance regulator with campaign contributions to ensure special business treatment, a criminal indictment unsealed Tuesday said.

State GOP Chairman Robin Hayes and insurance and investment firm founder Greg Lindberg were among those charged with bribery, conspiracy and other crimes.

The four defendants appeared Tuesday before a federal magistrate.

Hayes also was charged with lying to the FBI. The 73-year-old former congressman from Concord announced Monday he had changed his earlier plans and won’t seek re-election as the state Republican Party’s chairman in June. Hayes said complications from recent hip surgery led him to change his mind.

Lindberg — largely unknown in political circles until his contributions started flowing heavily in 2017 — has given more than $5 million to North Carolina candidates, party committees and independent expenditure groups.

Federal prosecutors alleged that between April 2017 and last August, Lindberg sought to shower Republican state Insurance Commissioner Mike Causey with contributions through the state GOP and an independent committee he constructed “in exchange for specific official action favorable to” Lindberg’s business.

Among the things Lindberg wanted were the removal of a deputy insurance commissioner responsible for examining one of Lindberg’s Durham-based businesses, Global Bankers Insurance Group....
:---P
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 pm

It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:07 pm

It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Tell Congress: Investigate AT&T

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson made big promises last year to create jobs if Congress passed a big tax cut for corporations.

But instead of creating jobs, AT&T continues to cut jobs, and the company is stonewalling workers who want a fair contract that keeps jobs in our communities.

It's time for Congress to launch an investigation to find out what happened to the billions of dollars of our money that they gave away to AT&T and other corporations that are cutting jobs.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5435
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: OWS

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:31 am

Yet all we hear from the liberal media is how Medicare for all and living wages can't ever work. We are even receiving China's talk of a 60 hour work week without criticism.

But some pay no tax on their earnings.

Company Paying No Tax : 2018 Profit

Amazon : $10.8 billion

Delta Air Lines: $5 billion

Chevron : $4.5 billion

General Motors : $4.3 billion

EOG Resources : $4 billion

Occidental Petroleum : $3.4 billion

Duke Energy : $3 billion

Dominion Resources : $3 billion

Honeywell International : $2.8 billion

Deere: $2.2 billion

American Electric Power : $1.9 billion

Kinder Morgan : $1.8 billion

Public Service Enterprise Group : $1.8 billion

Principal Financial : $1.6 billion

FirstEnergy : $1.5 billion

Prudential Financial : $1.4 billion

Xcel Energy : $1.4 billion

PulteGroup : $1.3 billion

Molson Coors : $1.3 billion

Devon Energy : $1.3 billion

Pioneer Natural Resources : $1.3 billion

DTE Energy : $1.2 billion

Wisconsin Energy : $1.1 billion

PPL : $1.1 billion

Halliburton : $1.1 billion

Ameren : $1 billion

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 22428/amp/
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm
Well, shit in a tree and fall down in it......since I've been out of the country checking on my diamond mine and my teak harvesting concern I've been out of touch with Mick's latest greatest gig. I still say fuck him. He's fake. And I have every confidence that Kathleen will carry on Mick's stupid fucked up legacy.
Yep.

New report documents the dismantling of consumer financial protection

:obscene-birdiered:

Kathy Kraninger has a difficult job competing with Alexander Acosta, Barr, David L. Bernhardt, Bolton, Jim Bridenstine, Carson, DeVos, Gina Haspel, Thomas Homan, Kevin McAleenan, Mnuchin, Mick Mulvaney, Ajit Pai, Perry, Pompeo, Wilbur Ross and Andrew R. Wheeler for WORST agency head.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2868
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: OWS

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm
Well, shit in a tree and fall down in it......since I've been out of the country checking on my diamond mine and my teak harvesting concern I've been out of touch with Mick's latest greatest gig. I still say fuck him. He's fake. And I have every confidence that Kathleen will carry on Mick's stupid fucked up legacy.
Yep.

New report documents the dismantling of consumer financial protection

:obscene-birdiered:

Kathy Kraninger has a difficult job competing with Alexander Acosta, Barr, David L. Bernhardt, Bolton, Jim Bridenstine, Carson, DeVos, Gina Haspel, Thomas Homan, Kevin McAleenan, Mnuchin, Mick Mulvaney, Ajit Pai, Perry, Pompeo, Wilbur Ross and Andrew R. Wheeler for WORST agency head.
Disgusting but not surprising. Everything this administration touches they make worse

Post Reply