OWS

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: OWS

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:05 am

It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 am

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 am

Freshmen Dems ‘changing everything’ for Trump (video)

Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) joins Lawrence O'Donnell to discuss her pointed questioning of Trump administration officials and corporate CEOs that has quickly given her a reputation for delivering must-see moments in Congressional hearings.
The entire report is interesting to me, but what rally made me sit up and take notice is at 5:30 - 7:30. Wow, I just saw the CEO of Wells Fargo get raked . . . by my 3rd grade teacher. :lol:

:---P

Evidently, she's been doing this a lot. Here she is vs. Dolt .45's wholly unqualified CFPB director, Kathy Kraninger, 2:00 - 5:00.
Lawrence's Last Word (video)

Watch freshman Congresswoman Katie Porter teach another Trump administration official yet another lesson in a House committee hearing.
OMG, she schooled Kraninger from a book that Porter wrote on the topic, a book!

:---P

Katie Porter is "the first Democrat to be elected to represent California's 45th congressional district" after beating Mimi Walters (incumbent) 52-48, Orange County! The Repugs must be really hating losing that one about now.

Lots of attention being given AOC, which is great, but it looks like there other rock stars among the rookies.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Petition to Congress:

"Support Rep. Maxine Waters' Consumer First Act to restore the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and undo the damage of Donald Trump's Wall Street first administration."

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm

I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
I thought Mulvaney was in charge of CFPB or at least was "acting" ....hard to say. I don't want that asshole presuming to protect me anyway. He's a scumbag ambassador representing the most vile ethos yet known. Plus he's an asshole. Hell, he's chief of a staff of assholes, which I guess raises him to the twelfth or fourteenth power; boggles the brainpan. I feel as unprotected as ever.
John Michael Mulvaney (/mʌlˈveɪni/; born July 21, 1967) is an American politician of the Republican Party who is serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff. Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

Kathleen Laura Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official serving as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 6, 2018.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm
John Michael Mulvaney (/mʌlˈveɪni/; born July 21, 1967) is an American politician of the Republican Party who is serving in President Donald Trump's cabinet as Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as well as acting White House Chief of Staff. Mulvaney also served as the acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) from November 2017 to December 2018.

Kathleen Laura Kraninger (born December 28, 1974) is an American government official serving as Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since December 6, 2018.
Well, shit in a tree and fall down in it......since I've been out of the country checking on my diamond mine and my teak harvesting concern I've been out of touch with Mick's latest greatest gig. I still say fuck him. He's fake. And I have every confidence that Kathleen will carry on Mick's stupid fucked up legacy.