Kill List

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Kill List

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Group of 4,000 Anonymous Google Employees Urging Company Not to Be “In the Business of War" Voted 2018 Arms Control Persons of the Year

A group of 4,000 anonymous Google employees opposing the company's work on a Pentagon project using artificial intelligence (AI), which could be used to improve drone targeting, was chosen as the 2018 Arms Control Persons of the Year for 2018.

Due to the employees’ actions, which included an internal petition to company management, Google ended its work on Project Maven when the contract expired and announced it would focus on “socially beneficial” AI and avoid work that causes “overall harm.” ...
Cool.

I voted for whichever of the candidates is working to salvage the Iran nuclear deal. I vote in these things (like worst polluter, etc.) based on what I think will have the most impact, but that's just me. The Google employees are amazing, but they already won their fight.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Kill List

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm

So many wingnuts, so little time.