Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:16 pm

100 pages of guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut is kinda sad.

When gunman advanced on (second) New Zealand mosque, 1 man ran at him

:-||

He is a hero, but it's also a little funny that a rightwing ammosexual can be frightened away by a middle aged man with a credit card reader and a gun known to be without bullets.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 am

Comment:
When the gunman advanced toward the mosque, killing those in his path, Abdul Aziz didn't hide. Instead, he picked up the first thing he could find, a credit card machine, and ran outside screaming "Come here!"
He wanted to make that guy pay!
I didn't want to laugh, but . . .
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 am
Comment:
When the gunman advanced toward the mosque, killing those in his path, Abdul Aziz didn't hide. Instead, he picked up the first thing he could find, a credit card machine, and ran outside screaming "Come here!"
He wanted to make that guy pay!
I didn't want to laugh, but . . .

Along with all the false flag threads at lnf, the first one about this shooting was all about how a good guy with a gun stopped the attack.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:46 pm
Along with all the false flag threads at lnf, the first one about this shooting was all about how a good guy with a gun stopped the attack.
I saw that, too. One of the sources is:

Armed Man Chased, Fired On New Zealand Mosque Shooter

It's fake news from the rightwing National Review where no tragedy is too great to exploit for ammosexual ends, and RWNJs swallowed it whole. The claim is not to be found in the NZ article that the National Review links, and of course no one escaped, went home, retrieved a gun and returned in time to engage the rightwing terrorist. Though his livestream was 17" long, he was only attacking the 1st mosque for 6", the 2nd one for even less time. Ammosexual cons just aren't very good at thinking things through.

Gunhuggers are also mentioning the Texas church massacre, as they always do. Kudos to the church's neighbor for his heroism, but the ammosexual murderer had already completed his "mission", killing 26 and injuring 20 others. Here in the US an armed citizen has almost never stopped a mass shooting and has never stopped a terror attack. More often, they get themselves hurt or killed like at the Alabama mall, or hinder police response like at the Colorado Walmart.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:57 pm

I stumbled on this while looking for something else:
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 pm
Richard☝🏻Spencer‏ Verified account
@RichardBSpencer

UNITE THE RIGHT
August 12, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia


Image
No subtlety with their Nazi imagery. Poor city, the KKK was just there. I won't be going, but friends will be counter-protesting.
Mixed feelings about my not being there, both for potential personal involvement and because it was a watershed moment for America.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am

What's up with the green guys? I recognize the white guys but not the green ones.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:02 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am
What's up with the green guys? I recognize the white guys but not the green ones.

Pepe
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:07 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am
What's up with the green guys? I recognize the white guys but not the green ones.
Pepe the Frog

... By 2016, the character's image had been appropriated as a symbol of the controversial alt-right movement. The Anti-Defamation League added certain incarnations of Pepe the Frog to their database of hate symbols in 2016, adding that not all Pepe memes are racist. Since then, Pepe's creator has publicly expressed his dismay at Pepe being used as a hate symbol.
Image

Image
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:50 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:02 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am
What's up with the green guys? I recognize the white guys but not the green ones.

Pepe
Ok, thanks. I am not up on current extremist lingo. I gave up back when part of SDS turned into Weatherman. And If Pepe was my creation, I'd be pissed, too, that he'd been appropriated against my wishes. I would, as his creator, have to kill him off in that situation.

Whack9
Squadron Leader
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Whack9 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:07 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am
What's up with the green guys? I recognize the white guys but not the green ones.
Pepe the Frog

... By 2016, the character's image had been appropriated as a symbol of the controversial alt-right movement. The Anti-Defamation League added certain incarnations of Pepe the Frog to their database of hate symbols in 2016, adding that not all Pepe memes are racist. Since then, Pepe's creator has publicly expressed his dismay at Pepe being used as a hate symbol.
Image

Image
It's really bizarre how 4chan and the internet sub culture around it has come to influence politics. People not privy to this stuff are easily manipulated. The whole QAnon thing, for example.

I guess it was only a matter of time, though. The internet has made it incredibly easy to manipulate huge swaths of people.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm
It's really bizarre how 4chan and the internet sub culture around it has come to influence politics. People not privy to this stuff are easily manipulated. The whole QAnon thing, for example.

I guess it was only a matter of time, though. The internet has made it incredibly easy to manipulate huge swaths of people.
And for people that would have been nutty, stupid or even hateful, regardless, to join together in common cause of shared nuttiness, stupidity or hatred.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6036
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 am

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:05 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm
It's really bizarre how 4chan and the internet sub culture around it has come to influence politics. People not privy to this stuff are easily manipulated. The whole QAnon thing, for example.

I guess it was only a matter of time, though. The internet has made it incredibly easy to manipulate huge swaths of people.
And for people that would have been nutty, stupid or even hateful, regardless, to join together in common cause of shared nuttiness, stupidity or hatred.

It could have never happened without fox. From the beginning they have been mainstreaming trash like Jones, Limbo, the Neut, fake deppitties, fake scientists, fake financial experts, screaming black girls, and above all, lie after lie after lie. Without the foundation they built none of this would have happened.

24 hour a day infomercial for misinformation, hate and intolerance told mostly by pretty girls in coordinated outfits. All a 1970s dream of Roger Ailes finally come true.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Whack9
Squadron Leader
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Whack9 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:05 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 pm
It's really bizarre how 4chan and the internet sub culture around it has come to influence politics. People not privy to this stuff are easily manipulated. The whole QAnon thing, for example.

I guess it was only a matter of time, though. The internet has made it incredibly easy to manipulate huge swaths of people.
And for people that would have been nutty, stupid or even hateful, regardless, to join together in common cause of shared nuttiness, stupidity or hatred.
It's like when old suburban/rural white folks try to understand hip hop culture or heavy metal or any sub culture for that matter. They don't understand all the subtle ironies and nuances, taking everything at face value.

Except this time around these morons are buying into it wholesale without realizing they're being used as pawns.

Browse the discussions around Q at the Certain Political Forum for proof.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:48 pm

'White power' graffiti defaces (burned down) historic Tennessee civil rights site

BASTARDS! I've led trainings at the Highlander Research and Education Center in New Market, eastern Tennessee, not far from Knoxville. :cry:
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:25 am

Suspect arrested over suspicious fires at historically black churches in Louisiana
Officials have not determined the exact cause of the fires.


... Authorities are expected to announce more details about the arrest at a press conference at 10 a.m. local time Thursday....

"For decades, African-American churches have served as the epicenter of survival and a symbol of hope for many in the African-American community," NAACP President and CEO Derrick Johnson said. "As a consequence, these houses of faith have historically been the targets of violence."

Johnson noted that the fires had occurred within the same time span of another suspicious blaze in Tennessee, where a social justice training center was burned and tagged with anti-Semitic slurs.

"What is happening in Tennessee and Louisiana is domestic terrorism and we must not turn a blind eye to any incident where people are targeted because of the color of their skin and their faith," Johnson said. "The spike in church burnings in the Southern states is a reflection of emboldened racial rhetoric and tension spreading across the country."
A possible connection had not occurred to me, we'll see.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 pm

St. Landry church fires suspect has 'black metal' association, music tied to church burnings, official says

:lol: Whack 9, got anything to say about that? :P

He's also the white son of a rural, Repug, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana sheriff's deputy. Leo Lyons, got anything to say about that? :P

Holden Matthews has been added to my list of white, male (often Christian) con domestic terrorists, the majority of attackers we've had since at least the late 1970s.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 pm
St. Landry church fires suspect has 'black metal' association, music tied to church burnings, official says

:lol: Whack 9, got anything to say about that? :P

He's also the white son of a rural, Repug, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana sheriff's deputy. Leo Lyons, got anything to say about that? :P

Holden Matthews has been added to my list of white, male (often Christian) con domestic terrorists, the majority of attackers we've had since at least the late 1970s.
I notice TN gets honorable mention in this....I don't recall any local coverage of it, though. Not surprising since the local tv media is owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a bunch of closet Nazis and nominally educated bigots. I have noticed that the only two black announcers/reporters they had when I first came back here are gone now. I guess you could call it white news now (WNN)

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18975
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:16 pm
I notice TN gets honorable mention in this....I don't recall any local coverage of it, though. Not surprising since the local tv media is owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a bunch of closet Nazis and nominally educated bigots. I have noticed that the only two black announcers/reporters they had when I first came back here are gone now. I guess you could call it white news now (WNN)
Last that I read it had not been conclusively determined that the TN Highlander Research and Education Center fire is arson, and if I understood the article correctly the 'White power' graffiti appeared after the fire. I would bet that it was terrorist racist arson, but maybe not bet the farm on it.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:16 pm
I notice TN gets honorable mention in this....I don't recall any local coverage of it, though. Not surprising since the local tv media is owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a bunch of closet Nazis and nominally educated bigots. I have noticed that the only two black announcers/reporters they had when I first came back here are gone now. I guess you could call it white news now (WNN)
Last that I read it had not been conclusively determined that the TN Highlander Research and Education Center fire is arson, and if I understood the article correctly the 'White power' graffiti appeared after the fire. I would bet that it was terrorist racist arson, but maybe not bet the farm on it.
Ah, ok. I just hadn't heard about this. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that nefarious action has been engaged in, though. Could be some of the Andrew Jackson faction or the Nathan Bedford Forrest brigade or just some random white trash redneck bunch of dubmasses. hard to say

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Some dubmass in the Texas state legislature has introduced a bill that would make abortion illegal, a felony both for the doctor and the patient, that carries a maximum penalty of death. no shit.

Post Reply