2020 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Vice admiral

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by O Really »

And upon further consideration, I don't really see what's so different about him/her than many others in high elected office. (1) Transsexual really doesn't matter, and s/he's not the first if s/he's elected; (2) Satanists aren't much different from Christians - they both believe in the same set of mythical characters; (3) a real anarchist isn't much different from the "small gummint" Republicans and Libertarians who think government is an unnecessary evil.

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

She could replace the Q-tip

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

This is hilarious; and the sort of generic incompetence and idiocy that surrounds trump and his cult of enablers. His re election campaign put out a "support our troops" fundraiser that features Russian planes and Russian soldiers. But maybe this is actually one of the few times they've been honest about anything and they're just trying to get us used to being proxy Russians.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fundra ... 43766.html

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:37 pm
This is hilarious; and the sort of generic incompetence and idiocy that surrounds trump and his cult of enablers. His re election campaign put out a "support our troops" fundraiser that features Russian planes and Russian soldiers. But maybe this is actually one of the few times they've been honest about anything and they're just trying to get us used to being proxy Russians.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fundra ... 43766.html
"The Trump Make America Great Again committee, which serves as the fundraising arm of the president’s campaign, ran the offending digital ad"
showing russian MiGs flying air support for russian ground troops
"above the words “Support our Troops”, with a link" with instructions to send trump your money.

GoCubsGo
Captain

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Encouraging, just wish for better news on Touche Turtle.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

GoCubsGo
Captain

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:21 pm
Democrats Hold Edge as Battle for Senate Majority Becomes 'Knife Fight'

... With the general election field essentially set and the heart of the campaign season beginning, Democrats, riding public dissatisfaction with President Donald Trump’s handling of the pandemic, now find themselves with a solid chance to take control of the Senate next year.

... Although Democrats did not get the Republican opponent they wanted in Kansas, polls show Democratic contenders are ahead or running even with incumbents in at least seven states, with the potential to bring even more into play. They need a net gain of only three seats to take the majority should former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive nominee, win the White House — four if he does not.

... The nonpartisan Cook Political Report recently rated Democrats with a slight advantage in the fight for the Senate majority, and they are on defense only in Alabama, where Democratic incumbent Doug Jones is facing long odds in a deeply conservative state. Michigan, where Republicans also hoped to pick off an incumbent, no longer appears to be in play.

... Still, McConnell and other Republicans recognize they have their hands full in their effort to preserve the majority. They are already planning to spend millions of dollars to bolster Marshall after his tough primary, even in traditionally Republican Kansas.

... At the top of their (D) target list are three senators — Tillis in North Carolina, Martha McSally in Arizona and Cory Gardner in Colorado — who have been consistently losing to their Democratic challengers in polls. Those seats are the most likely to fall into Democratic hands.

Democratic candidates are also running neck and neck with Republican incumbents in Georgia, Iowa, Maine and Montana. A group aligned with McConnell announced that it would spend $21 million this month in Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Montana and North Carolina, moving up a planned advertising blitz to try to stem Democratic momentum. And the battleground could expand.

New polls show veteran Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham in a tight race in conservative South Carolina against Jaime Harrison, a Democrat. In Kentucky, McConnell remains ahead, but Republicans have reserved significant airtime there if his race with Amy McGrath, a former Marine pilot, tightens.

Democrats sense opportunity in Texas, where the party has just announced a “seven-figure” investment against Sen. John Cornyn in the hope of making him vulnerable to the Democratic pick, MJ Hegar, who received substantial financial aid from the party’s campaign committee and other advocacy groups ...
Kansas, Texas???!!! :thumbup:
alabama may be deep red but Tommy sure is showing off his Stupid.

Go Jones

https://www.tommytuberville.com/

GoCubsGo
Captain

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Go Jones

:lol: :thumbup: , including by not locking down tommytuberville.com .
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Whack9
Ensign

Unread post by Whack9 »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 pm
This is a real possibility and should scare all of us.

The Trump campaign is reportedly 'discussing contingency plans to bypass election results'
Man oh man. November is gonna be a huuuuuuge mess.
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Go Jones

:lol: :thumbup: , including by not locking down tommytuberville.com .
So funny. And my all time favorite coach.

He's like Barney explaining the Emancipation Proclamation

https://youtu.be/yupu8DE6vzw

GoCubsGo
Captain

2020, now known as The Twilight Zone.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Captain

He had been known to be less than truthful in the recent past.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

The peaceful partier still thinks trump never lies. Hilarious. You can't fix stupid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

WNC’s congressional seat may truly be in play this year

Extensive discussion of the race. We'll see.

Moe Davis: Country Over Party

There may have been others, but this is the first anti-torture candidate ad I've seen. :thumbup:

More ads and vids
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:07 pm
WNC’s congressional seat may truly be in play this year

Extensive discussion of the race. We'll see.

Moe Davis: Country Over Party

There may have been others, but this is the first anti-torture candidate ad I've seen. :thumbup:

More ads and vids
You know, on one hand I see Doug Jones winning. Especially after seeing tubby's response to everything that he has responded to, no one in their right mind would vote for this idiot and then I remember where I am.

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Anyone voting for, or even heard of, President R19 Boddie

he would be President President.

"Boddie said he already views himself as the president, and his goal is to turn that into a reality.

“As far as beating [President Donald] Trump goes, I’m already the President of the United States of America. That’s how I move, and that’s how I walk,” Boddie said.

Boddie said he knows how to relieve Americans of debt, better the healthcare system and help the economy. He said he wants to do that as president but can’t reveal his plans until he has more followers."

http://thechampionnewspaper.com/news/lo ... president/

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:08 am
Anyone voting for, or even heard of, President R19 Boddie

he would be President President.

"Boddie said he already views himself as the president, and his goal is to turn that into a reality.

“As far as beating [President Donald] Trump goes, I’m already the President of the United States of America. That’s how I move, and that’s how I walk,” Boddie said.

Boddie said he knows how to relieve Americans of debt, better the healthcare system and help the economy. He said he wants to do that as president but can’t reveal his plans until he has more followers."

http://thechampionnewspaper.com/news/lo ... president/
I never heard of him and won't vote for him. Hell, anyone with only an R19 insulation factor just isn't up to the job if you ask me.