2020 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10018
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by O Really » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am
Stop attempting to convince yourselves that liberals didn’t cry foul and pressured the collusion investigation. They have been obsessed with removing him from office since he won the Presidency. I so enjoyed the sour look on the liberal news journalists when the report came out. They thought they had something, as they did with the 2016 Democratic campaign. Six more years.
Curiosity - how do you define "liberals" and what specifically do you have against them?

billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5435
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 am

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:04 am
Things that are not zesty are treasonous.
O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:54 am
I don't have any "dashed hopes" from Barr's paraphrasing of what might have been in Mueller's report. I'm not even that unhappy that Mueller may have said there was insufficient evidence for collusion with the Russians, because I'm guessing if he had found more evidence to that, Republicans wouldn't have cared anyway. But Mueller's "report" was always in the court filings, and it shows corruption up the wazoo, sleazyness, theft, graft, bribery, and slime. I'd say there's plenty for Dems to run against, collusion or not.
That's the thing about slavish Trumpettes - "twilight zone", as neoplacebo says. Once their idol spews his blatant "complete and total exoneration" lie, it exempts them from even trying to honestly think things through.
Only in the twilight zone does a minor bank loan irregularity cause a 7 year investigation costing a hundred million dollars, produce a thousand plus page document (released to the public) full of speculation and conclude with impeaching a president for trying to hide a consensual affair from his wife.

While a 2 billion dollar bank fraud, campaign fraud, and a host of other tangents Ken Starr and all repugs would have loved to tack on to Bill's "crimes" goes for nothing.

You would think even a dumbass from Clemson would feel embarrassed.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2868
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:15 am

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am
Stop attempting to convince yourselves that liberals didn’t cry foul and pressured the collusion investigation. They have been obsessed with removing him from office since he won the Presidency. I so enjoyed the sour look on the liberal news journalists when the report came out. They thought they had something, as they did with the 2016 Democratic campaign. Six more years.
I hate to tell you this but it wasn't the "Democrats" that initiated the investigation; it was every single one of our country's intelligence agencies that first brought the matter up; they are not all populated exclusively by Democrats. It was initially just concerning Russian interference in the election and then because of the continual stupidity of various people in the Trump orbit became an investigation into collusion; this did not fall out of the sky. Just for your reference, I've never been a Democrat; I've always registered Independent. Maybe you can tell us why the right wing nutjob crowd keeps insisting that the "Steele Dossier" was paid for by the Clinton campaign? It was originally commissioned by a right wing opposition group (Washington Free Beacon) as part of opposition research in an attempt to shitcan trump before the GOP primaries started.

billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5435
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:29 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:15 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am
Stop attempting to convince yourselves that liberals didn’t cry foul and pressured the collusion investigation. They have been obsessed with removing him from office since he won the Presidency. I so enjoyed the sour look on the liberal news journalists when the report came out. They thought they had something, as they did with the 2016 Democratic campaign. Six more years.
I hate to tell you this but it wasn't the "Democrats" that initiated the investigation; it was every single one of our country's intelligence agencies that first brought the matter up; they are not all populated exclusively by Democrats. It was initially just concerning Russian interference in the election and then because of the continual stupidity of various people in the Trump orbit became an investigation into collusion; this did not fall out of the sky. Just for your reference, I've never been a Democrat; I've always registered Independent. Maybe you can tell us why the right wing nutjob crowd keeps insisting that the "Steele Dossier" was paid for by the Clinton campaign? It was originally commissioned by a right wing opposition group (Washington Free Beacon) as part of opposition research in an attempt to shitcan trump before the GOP primaries started.

he won't because he can't.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

1 CAT FAN
Pilot Officer
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Can you explain why there’s not an Independent running the Country, not that I care.
ImageNational Champions

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1473
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 pm

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm
Can you explain why there’s not an Independent running the Country, not that I care.
$$$$$
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 16468
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 pm
$$$$$
And power. The 2 party, winner take all system essentially precludes a non-party member from ever winning except in local races and low population states. That's why so many nations chose a parliamentary system - also flawed, but truly representative of lots more people.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

1 CAT FAN
Pilot Officer
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 pm

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am
Stop attempting to convince yourselves that liberals didn’t cry foul and pressured the collusion investigation. They have been obsessed with removing him from office since he won the Presidency. I so enjoyed the sour look on the liberal news journalists when the report came out. They thought they had something, as they did with the 2016 Democratic campaign. Six more years.
Curiosity - how do you define "liberals" and what specifically do you have against them?
    What has happened to this Country? We want our children to be born without an identity. We allow thousands of people to cross our borders illegally, committing horrible crimes. We call a wall immoral, yet we condone ripping babies piece by piece out of their mothers womb, how much more immoral can we become. We cry for compassion for people that are here illegally and never served or paid a dime as homeless veterans and seniors suffer.
    ImageNational Champions

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 16468
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: 2020 Elections

    Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:58 pm

    Vrede too wrote:
    Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:31 pm
    ... Add, “It was complete and total exoneration,” to Dolt .45’s list of thousands of lies in office, a fact that you're cowering from. All that Repug hack Barr says about obstruction of justice is that there isn’t enough evidence to prove it. 9, triple hat trick. Plus:
    Before longtime POSPOTUS confidant Roger Stone's arrest:
    "The Special Counsel has now secured guilty pleas from President Trump’s personal attorney, his campaign manager, his deputy campaign manager, a foreign policy advisor to his campaign, and his National Security Advisor. He has filed 191 charges against more than thirty individuals—almost all of whom are in President Trump’s orbit, Vladimir Putin’s orbit, or both. The President can pretend that this investigation has nothing to do with him and nothing to do with Russia, but these indictments speak for themselves."
    — Congressman Jerrold Nadler
    https://nadler.house.gov/press-release/ ... uilty-plea
    Indictments of top aides:
    Nixon: 12 in 6 years
    Bill Clinton: 3 in 8 years
    Obama: 0 in 8 years
    President* Trump: 6 in 2 years
    President* Trump's pace is worse than the worst POTUS, Nixon, and worse than any Dem.

    Finally, Barr, Rosenstein, Mueller, Senate Repugs and even Pence all agree: POSPOTUS’ fanboys were and still are useful idiots for Russia. However, they will never admit it. If they had the smarts and spines for that, they never would have become Trumpettes.
    Mueller’s report found no Russia collusion, but vindication remains elusive for Trump

    Nothing new to us here, just getting all of the responses to crybaby Trumpettes in wussy denial in one place:

    -- All we have so far is Repug hack Barr's "summary".
    -- Even Repug hack Barr explicitly does NOT vindicate Putin's Agent Orange from obstruction like he does collusion.
    -- We know for a fact that POSPOTUS committed campaign finance FELONIES with the hush money payments in order to steal a narrow EC win.
    -- The Dems are pursuing legit corruption investigations that aren't Russia-related.
    -- There are other legit corruption investigations that aren't Russia-related being pursued by career LEOs, not the Dems.

    Any to add as to why 45SHOLE is not out of the woods yet?
    It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

    User avatar
    O Really
    Captain
    Posts: 10018
    Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

    Re: 2020 Elections

    Unread post by O Really » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:03 pm

    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 pm
    O Really wrote:
    Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am
    Stop attempting to convince yourselves that liberals didn’t cry foul and pressured the collusion investigation. They have been obsessed with removing him from office since he won the Presidency. I so enjoyed the sour look on the liberal news journalists when the report came out. They thought they had something, as they did with the 2016 Democratic campaign. Six more years.
    Curiosity - how do you define "liberals" and what specifically do you have against them?
      What has happened to this Country? We want our children to be born without an identity. We allow thousands of people to cross our borders illegally, committing horrible crimes. We call a wall immoral, yet we condone ripping babies piece by piece out of their mothers womb, how much more immoral can we become. We cry for compassion for people that are here illegally and never served or paid a dime as homeless veterans and seniors suffer.
      Hey, that's good. You can quote a litany of right-wing parade of horribles cliches. You wouldn't happen to have any provable statistics on any of that, would you? Like, what proposal from anyone wants "our children to be born without an identity?" Or a comparison of the percent of people entering illegally who commit "horrible" crimes vs. the percent of US citizens who do. Or maybe any Republican initiative at any level to alleviate the "suffering" of homeless veterans and seniors. And would those initiatives include only veterans who are homeless?

      User avatar
      neoplacebo
      Admiral of the Fleet
      Posts: 2868
      Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
      Location: Kingsport TN

      Re: 2020 Elections

      Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:21 pm

      1 CAT FAN wrote:
      Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm
      Can you explain why there’s not an Independent running the Country, not that I care.
      I would but since you don't care I won't.

      User avatar
      neoplacebo
      Admiral of the Fleet
      Posts: 2868
      Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
      Location: Kingsport TN

      Re: 2020 Elections

      Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:31 pm

      O Really wrote:
      Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:03 pm
      1 CAT FAN wrote:
      Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 pm
      O Really wrote:
      Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:03 am
      1 CAT FAN wrote:
      Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am
      Stop attempting to convince yourselves that liberals didn’t cry foul and pressured the collusion investigation. They have been obsessed with removing him from office since he won the Presidency. I so enjoyed the sour look on the liberal news journalists when the report came out. They thought they had something, as they did with the 2016 Democratic campaign. Six more years.
      Curiosity - how do you define "liberals" and what specifically do you have against them?
        What has happened to this Country? We want our children to be born without an identity. We allow thousands of people to cross our borders illegally, committing horrible crimes. We call a wall immoral, yet we condone ripping babies piece by piece out of their mothers womb, how much more immoral can we become. We cry for compassion for people that are here illegally and never served or paid a dime as homeless veterans and seniors suffer.
        Hey, that's good. You can quote a litany of right-wing parade of horribles cliches. You wouldn't happen to have any provable statistics on any of that, would you? Like, what proposal from anyone wants "our children to be born without an identity?" Or a comparison of the percent of people entering illegally who commit "horrible" crimes vs. the percent of US citizens who do. Or maybe any Republican initiative at any level to alleviate the "suffering" of homeless veterans and seniors. And would those initiatives include only veterans who are homeless?
        I'll have children with no identity for 800, Alex. Factually, no one born has an identity until they are given a name and their parents are identified on a state sanctioned piece of paper. I expect the audience member is alluding to the transgender issue when he speaks of kids without an identity but I'm just guessing here; a lot of these audience members speak in cloudy ill defined terms and vague generalities so it's hard to know just what the fuck they're talking about. I was going to also go with let's rip babies piece by piece out of the womb for 1000 but I've just lost interest.

        1 CAT FAN
        Pilot Officer
        Posts: 147
        Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:44 pm

        I’m guessing that you folks are atheists too, as well as immorally sick.
        ImageNational Champions

        User avatar
        neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet
        Posts: 2868
        Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
        Location: Kingsport TN

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm

        Ok, after the commercial break, I am back to select homeless veterans and seniors for 600. First, it isn't "the country" that's got it out for homeless vets and seniors. It's the corporate masters of the GOP who for the past 40 years or so have been steadily reducing the operating funds available to the government by enacting continual tax cuts for corporate entities and the wealthy that are presented to ignorant voters as more money in your paycheck and therefore stimulating the economy; this in turn makes less funds available to serve the less fortunate in our society. The Democrats have also engaged in this corporate welfare scheme, but to a lesser extent and they are not as vocal about it. Next, illegal immigrants that pay no tax: every time they buy something they pay tax, whether it's gasoline, food, clothes. whatever. It is generally local or state taxes they pay, which is ok (see GOP decades old tax cut plan above). Abortion: I'm against it personally but do not figure it's my right to deny a woman the choice to have one.....sort of like Voltaire who said "I detest what you write but will give my life that you may be able to continue to write." As for ripping babies from the womb, this is not happening and no one is advocating for it. I will change my statement on that if you can find me a doctor who is willing to perform an abortion on a woman who is seven or eight months pregnant unless there is a definite indicator that the fetus is not viable. Of course, we could go ahead and birth these non viable fetuses and pay whatever amounts of money it takes to corporate entities in an effort to extend the life and suffering of the fetus for as long as possible. Unless and until the voters insist on the elimination of private industry lobbyists and the complete elimination of corporate money in the political system and introduce term limits on members of Congress, our country will only get worse. By the way, turning the electorate into warring factions is part of the plan; it won't succeed without this.

        User avatar
        neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet
        Posts: 2868
        Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
        Location: Kingsport TN

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 pm

        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:44 pm
        I’m guessing that you folks are atheists too, as well as immorally sick.
        The correct term would be "morally sick" as "immorally sick" would indicate no moral sickness. I am an atheist, which should give you some comfort since I am not Muslim. Are you a snake handler? A true believer? You gonna go to the big palace in the sky? The lake of fire?

        "Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if there be one, he must approve the homage of reason rather than that of blindfolded faith." Thomas Jefferson

        1 CAT FAN
        Pilot Officer
        Posts: 147
        Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 pm

        ”As surely as I live, says the LORD, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge GOD.”
        ImageNational Champions

        User avatar
        Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster
        Posts: 16468
        Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
        Location: Hendersonvile, NC

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:53 pm

        :lol: Glad i'm ignoring and just skimming what's quoted before reading y'all shred her/him. It's like s/he is a 1950s robot dipping into a whiny rightwing trigger point file without any comprehension.

        I was "born without an identity", as are we all, then I was given a name. Maybe 1 CAT FAN already had a toe tag, charm bracelet or tattoo? Was it a big pussy?

        "how much more immoral can we become." - lying galleries and cartoons, misogyny, trans bigotry, adult illiteracy? Anyhow, never stop reaching for the stars.
        It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

        User avatar
        GoCubsGo
        Ensign
        Posts: 1473
        Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:29 pm

        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 pm
        ”As surely as I live, says the LORD, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge GOD.”
        Ooh, you like mysticism. How about the tooth fairy, Santa 🎅or Star Wars?

        May the force be with you, always.

        P.S. Live long and prosper.

        P.S.S. Round about the caldron go;
        In the poison'd entrails throw.—
        Toad, that under cold stone,
        Days and nights has thirty-one;
        Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
        Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!

        Double, double toil and trouble;
        Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
        Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

        If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

        User avatar
        neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet
        Posts: 2868
        Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
        Location: Kingsport TN

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:43 pm

        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 pm
        ”As surely as I live, says the LORD, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge GOD.”
        Ah, snake handler. You can find anything in the Christian Bible. Go check out the part where god tells his followers to kill the babies and get back to me with your interpretation. Thanks

        User avatar
        neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet
        Posts: 2868
        Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
        Location: Kingsport TN

        Re: 2020 Elections

        Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:45 pm

        GoCubsGo wrote:
        Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:29 pm
        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:41 pm
        ”As surely as I live, says the LORD, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge GOD.”
        Ooh, you like mysticism. How about the tooth fairy, Santa 🎅or Star Wars?

        May the force be with you, always.

        P.S. Live long and prosper.

        P.S.S. Round about the caldron go;
        In the poison'd entrails throw.—
        Toad, that under cold stone,
        Days and nights has thirty-one;
        Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
        Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!

        Double, double toil and trouble;
        Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
        Is that poem from Charlene Darling from the Andy Griffin show? I always thought she was hot

        Post Reply