all First Trailer Trash Family

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3591
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26275
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm
Melania Trump's menswear look in Africa inspires some praise — but mostly memes

Took the internet long enough.
A lot of the digs are funny and apropos, but if this was really her intent I'll give her some credit:

@FLOTUS steps off the plane in Egypt wearing a menswear-inspired look, complete with necktie. For me this a fascinating fashion statement for a country with a very poor record on women’s rights. In the politics of fashion realm, she’s sending a message: Women are equal.
-- Kate Bennett, CNN
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm
Melania Trump's menswear look in Africa inspires some praise — but mostly memes

Took the internet long enough.
They had to pay the Nigerians to take a break from hogging the Internet.

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13088
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by O Really »

Melania is without doubt doing a better job at her job than Trump is with his. But isn't wearing a pith helmet a bit much? It's not African wear; it's not even typically American wear. But it is what the colonists wore while ruling parts of Africa.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm
Melania is without doubt doing a better job at her job than Trump is with his. But isn't wearing a pith helmet a bit much? It's not African wear; it's not even typically American wear. But it is what the colonists wore while ruling parts of Africa.
Somebody asked her if she knew what pith is and she said "Yeth thir."

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13088
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by O Really »

"First lady Melania Trump wants people to stop talking so much about her fashion choices. Standing in front of the Great Sphinx in Egypt Saturday, she told reporters, "I wish people would focus on what I do, not what I wear."

All well and good. Except that some of what she does is wear outfits of questionable and predictably controversial style.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3591
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 pm
"First lady Melania Trump wants people to stop talking so much about her fashion choices. Standing in front of the Great Sphinx in Egypt Saturday, she told reporters, "I wish people would focus on what I do, not what I wear."

All well and good. Except that some of what she does is wear outfits of questionable and predictably controversial style.
Maybe if she quit posing and acting like she's on a fashion runway or an MTV video she'd be taken more seriously.

Twitter Compares Melania Trump's Fashion Choice to Michael Jackson's 'Smooth Criminal' Look

Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26275
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Vrede too »

Has this happened yet? #FLOTUS

Image
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:23 am
Why does posflotus always look like she's playing 'dress up first lady?'
Maybe if she quit posing and acting like she's on a fashion runway or an MTV video she'd be taken more seriously.
Always somebody for a liberal to whine about. "Posflotus?" That's real mature of you.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Image

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

I also saw this with a caption that read:
"Somewhere a Motel 6 is missing a shower curtain"
:lol: :lol:

Image

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm
Melania is without doubt doing a better job at her job than Trump is with his. But isn't wearing a pith helmet a bit much? It's not African wear; it's not even typically American wear. But it is what the colonists wore while ruling parts of Africa.
This is how people "troll" others. You do something that can be seen as controversial or tone-deaf or inconsiderate, but leave yourself enough wiggle-room for plausible deniability. Your opposition calls you out on your action, then you use your plausible deniability to make them out to be irrational or extreme or overly-emotional

I'm not saying this is what's going on with Melania's choice of a pith-helmet a la colonial Europeans (even though it probably is), but it's definitely a trend now that the shitty aspects of internet culture have spilled over into reality.
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:08 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm
Melania is without doubt doing a better job at her job than Trump is with his. But isn't wearing a pith helmet a bit much? It's not African wear; it's not even typically American wear. But it is what the colonists wore while ruling parts of Africa.
This is how people "troll" others. You do something that can be seen as controversial or tone-deaf or inconsiderate, but leave yourself enough wiggle-room for plausible deniability. Your opposition calls you out on your action, then you use your plausible deniability to make them out to be irrational or extreme or overly-emotional.
From complex.com: "Once the most hated kind of person on the Internet, the Troll has turned into cultural mainstay and a tactic to gain recognition and build a name for one's self on the Net. Want people to listen to you? Pick a topic and troll away."

I'm not saying this is what's going on with Melania's choice of a pith-helmet a la colonial Europeans (even though it probably is), but it's definitely a trend now that the shitty aspects of internet culture have spilled over into reality.
I'm reminded of the comparison photos of Michelle Obama and Laura Bush stepping off AF1; Michelle in slouchy jean shorts and Laura Bush all dolled up. People can turn ucking fugly on a whim.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8786
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Poor poor little Melania

"I could say that I'm the most bullied person in the world," she said when asked what made her focus on cyberbullying.

Llamas pressed and the first lady clarified by adding, "one of” the most bullied people."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/melani ... e-staffers

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26275
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Vrede too »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2474&p=89256#p89256
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Poor poor little Melania

"I could say that I'm the most bullied person in the world," she said when asked what made her focus on cyberbullying.

Llamas pressed and the first lady clarified by adding, "one of” the most bullied people."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/melani ... e-staffers
There are 2 ironies here:

1. First, that in a world where people are killed every day because of their poverty, religion, politics, skin color, etc. an uber-rich, white, beautiful, powerful wife of a bully is actually whining about being bullied.

2. Her whining about being bullied predictably got her "bullied" even more.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3591
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2474&p=89256#p89256
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Poor poor little Melania

"I could say that I'm the most bullied person in the world," she said when asked what made her focus on cyberbullying.

Llamas pressed and the first lady clarified by adding, "one of” the most bullied people."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/melani ... e-staffers
There are 2 ironies here:

1. First, that in a world where people are killed every day because of their poverty, religion, politics, skin color, etc. an uber-rich, white, beautiful, powerful wife of a bully is actually whining about being bullied.

2. Her whining about being bullied predictably got her "bullied" even more.




:lolno: :o
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8786
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:52 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2474&p=89256#p89256
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Poor poor little Melania

"I could say that I'm the most bullied person in the world," she said when asked what made her focus on cyberbullying.

Llamas pressed and the first lady clarified by adding, "one of” the most bullied people."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/melani ... e-staffers
There are 2 ironies here:

1. First, that in a world where people are killed every day because of their poverty, religion, politics, skin color, etc. an uber-rich, white, beautiful, powerful wife of a bully is actually whining about being bullied.

2. Her whining about being bullied predictably got her "bullied" even more.




:lolno: :o


"contradict solid proof, be indignant and aloof"

"go on now be outrageous, throw small kids in cages"

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26275
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Vrede too »

Wow, that took a dark turn . . . I like it!
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8786
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »


User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26275
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: all First Trailer Trash Family

Unread post by Vrede too »

It's genetic.

'Lock Her Up': Twitter Users Blast Ivanka Trump For Reportedly Using Personal Email

Ivanka Trump Claims She Didn’t Know the Rules About Personal Emails

It's the POSPOTUS Klan way.
Break the rules and/or law.
Get caught.
Lie.
Dolt .45 campaigned for months on the rules about personal email accounts with Ivanka by his side.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Post Reply