The Facebook Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: The Facebook Thread

Unread post by rstrong » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Korean restaurant ad?
As a Canadian, I'm going to take some of those home with me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:35 pm

rstrong wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:31 pm
:thumbup: http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopi ... dog#p82861

I think those chickens are dead. :D
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:50 pm

A few weeks ago I brought home a 20-piece bucket.

I do feel guilty about everyone on the bus who smelled like KFC for the rest of the day.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 pm

In case you didn't have enough reason to be anti-NSAbook:
Facebook Reportedly Paid For Smear Campaign Against George Soros

In an effort to muffle criticism of how it handled Russian interference and disinformation, Facebook reportedly carried out a campaign to discredit dissenters that included targeted attacks on Jewish billionaire philanthropist George Soros.

A New York Times investigation, published Wednesday, delves into the social media giant’s handling of the controversy and chaos following the discovery of targeted disinformation campaigns. Facebook, facing increasing backlash in Washington, hired Definers Public Affairs, a Republican opposition research firm, to discredit anti-Facebook protesters by linking them to figures like Soros, a longtime critic of the social network, the newspaper reported.

Facebook initially worked with Definers to monitor press coverage of the company, but then expanded the relationship in October 2017, according to the report. The public relations firm then reportedly began promoting negative coverage of Facebook’s rivals, including Apple and Google.

Definers also reportedly targeted Soros after anti-Facebook activists promoted what appeared to be anti-Semitic imagery during a congressional hearing. The firm sent a research document to reporters over the summer alleging that Soros was behind an anti-Facebook movement; his Open Society Foundations, for example, supported a group that his son founded as well as Color of Change, a group that belongs to an anti-Facebook advocacy group called Freedom From Facebook....

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 pm

rstrong wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:31 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm
Korean restaurant ad?
Heh, if I were a Canadian, I'd probably mosey on down to my neighborhood pot dispensary and give myself a treat.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:55 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 pm
Heh, if I were a Canadian, I'd probably mosey on down to my neighborhood pot dispensary and give myself a treat.
Then go eat some chicken, moose or dog?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:55 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 pm
Then go eat some chicken, moose or dog?
Uhhhh, I'll have the chicken.....you bet'cha.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Disney CEO Bob Iger: 'Hitler would have loved social media'

Accepting an award for his humanitarian work Wednesday, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger attacked social media for its role in spreading hate.

“Hitler would have loved social media," said Iger at the Simon Wiesenthal Center tribute dinner, according to Variety. “It’s the most powerful marketing tool an extremist could ever hope for because by design social media reflects a narrow worldview filtering out anything that challenges our beliefs while constantly validating our convictions and amplifying our deepest fears.”

“It creates a false sense that everyone shares the same opinion,” he continued. “Social media allows evil to prey on troubled minds and lost souls, and we all know that social news feeds can contain more fiction than fact, propagating vile ideology that has no place in a civil society that values human life.” ...
Cool, though ol' Walt Disney was a little bit of a Nazi.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 pm
Disney CEO Bob Iger: 'Hitler would have loved social media'

Accepting an award for his humanitarian work Wednesday, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger attacked social media for its role in spreading hate.

“Hitler would have loved social media," said Iger at the Simon Wiesenthal Center tribute dinner, according to Variety. “It’s the most powerful marketing tool an extremist could ever hope for because by design social media reflects a narrow worldview filtering out anything that challenges our beliefs while constantly validating our convictions and amplifying our deepest fears.”

“It creates a false sense that everyone shares the same opinion,” he continued. “Social media allows evil to prey on troubled minds and lost souls, and we all know that social news feeds can contain more fiction than fact, propagating vile ideology that has no place in a civil society that values human life.” ...
Cool, though ol' Walt Disney was a little bit of a Nazi.
"Troubled minds and lost souls" he says. I suspect our country will only see an increase in both categories if things keep going the way they are; like if trump is re elected. I think this would tend to give me a troubled mind. And I'm not even on social media other than this. Looks to me like a hell of a lot of folks have social media syphilis (SMS) now and will no doubt develop full blown mind trouble and soul misplacement at minimum.