President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Melania's guest at SOTU:

Image

:D
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 pm
Melania's guest at SOTU:

Image

:D
My new favorite Trump!

https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-goes-w ... ep-1319923
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm
My new favorite Trump!

https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-goes-w ... ep-1319923
Funny that he was Melania's guest, she does the same thing when The Tiny Mushroom is amorous.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm
My new favorite Trump!

https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-goes-w ... ep-1319923
Funny that he was Melania's guest, she does the same thing when The Tiny Mushroom is amorous.
Ewwwww, not before dinner!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm
Ewwwww, not before dinner!
Payback's a bitch.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... anx#p92618
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm
Ewwwww, not before dinner!
Payback's a bitch.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... anx#p92618
Ok, there's that. :puke-left:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am

“Since the founding of our nation, many of our greatest strides, from gaining our independence, to abolition of civil rights, to extending the vote for women, have been led by people of faith, and started in prayer."
-- Dolt .45
https://www.alternet.org/2019/02/trump- ... breakfast/

"abolition of civil rights"???
Also, the vote was extended TO women. Religious and nonreligious voters took care of votes "for women" on their own.

I miss Dubya's smooth and articulate literacy.

Found:
Caught telling the truth. Better save this tape.
Might be the first time trump has ever told the truth.
trump doesn't know what the words mean, but he believes in them.
MELANIA BOUGHT DONALD A PARROT for his birthday and taught the parrot to say "Make America Great Again" ... A friend told her "You know Melania, he can repeat the words but he doesn't know what they mean." ... Melania relied, "That's OK, neither does the bird."
Sometimes he tells the truth...BY MISTAKE
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Dingell's farewell message to America includes dig at Trump

On the day of his death, longtime Rep. John Dingell dictated a farewell message to America and used some of his final words to criticize President Donald Trump.

Dingell dictated the message to his wife and congressional successor Debbie Dingell Thursday in their suburban Detroit home. The Washington Post published the opinion piece on Friday.
One of the advantages to knowing that your demise is imminent, and that reports of it will not be greatly exaggerated, is that you have a few moments to compose some parting thoughts.

In our modern political age, the presidential bully pulpit seems dedicated to sowing division and denigrating, often in the most irrelevant and infantile personal terms, the political opposition.

And much as I have found Twitter to be a useful means of expression, some occasions merit more than 280 characters.

My personal and political character was formed in a different era that was kinder, if not necessarily gentler. We observed modicums of respect even as we fought, often bitterly and savagely, over issues that were literally life and death to a degree that — fortunately – we see much less of today.

Think about it:

Impoverishment of the elderly because of medical expenses was a common and often accepted occurrence. Opponents of the Medicare program that saved the elderly from that cruel fate called it “socialized medicine.” Remember that slander if there’s a sustained revival of silly red-baiting today....

And there was a great stain on America, in the form of our legacy of racial discrimination. There were good people of all colors who banded together, risking and even losing their lives to erase the legal and other barriers that held Americans down. In their time they were often demonized and targeted, much like other vulnerable men and women today.

Please note: All of these challenges were addressed by Congress. Maybe not as fast as we wanted, or as perfectly as hoped. The work is certainly not finished. But we’ve made progress — and in every case, from the passage of Medicare through the passage of civil rights, we did it with the support of Democrats and Republicans who considered themselves first and foremost to be Americans....

In my life and career I have often heard it said that so-and-so has real power — as in, “the powerful Wile E. Coyote, chairman of the Capture the Road Runner Committee.”

It’s an expression that has always grated on me. In democratic government, elected officials do not have power. They hold power — in trust for the people who elected them. If they misuse or abuse that public trust, it is quite properly revoked (the quicker the better)....
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 am

Trump
Senator Richard Burr, The Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, just announced that after almost two years, more than two hundred interviews, and thousands of documents, they have found NO COLLUSION BETWEEN TRUMP AND RUSSIA! Is anybody really surprised by this?
Well boys, time to pack it up and go home I guess.
:laughing-rofl:

not...

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm

bannination wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 am
Trump
Senator Richard Burr, The Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, just announced that after almost two years, more than two hundred interviews, and thousands of documents, they have found NO COLLUSION BETWEEN TRUMP AND RUSSIA! Is anybody really surprised by this?
Well boys, time to pack it up and go home I guess.
:laughing-rofl:

not...
Fuck lapdog Burr. When all of this began it was, "No one in the family, campaign or administration . . ."

Now, despite all of the lies exposed, indictments and convictions, many will claim victory if it can't be proven that POSPOTUS, and only POSPOTUS, didn't collude with Russia. Even Don Jr. getting busted wouldn't shake these idiot Trumpettes.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 am

Michael Cohen was due to testify at the Senate today but has postponed his appearance due to medical reasons; he had some sort of surgery on his shoulder recently. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I would not be at all surprised if Cohen winds up dead just after his first postponement; it got no response so I deleted it. I'm now saying Cohen may wind up dead; Trump is such a moron, he thinks the Clintons murdered Vince Foster and got away with it, so he figures he can do the same. If this does happen I will change my name from neoplacebo to nostradamus americanus.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10793
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 am

Sorry, Neo - I don't think you get credit for Nostradamus-level prognisticating for picking something with pretty good odds of occurring. Besides, at this point is a 50/50 Cohen gets killed/does not get killed proposition. Now if you had predicted back in say 1995, that by 2020 Trump would be President* and his long-time attorney would get killed for ratting on him... then you get to be Neonostradamus. ;)

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 am

Well, ok. Maybe I can predict that Roger Stone will get a tattoo of Kellyanne Conway on his chest instead.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 am

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 am
Sorry, Neo - I don't think you get credit for Nostradamus-level prognisticating for picking something with pretty good odds of occurring. Besides, at this point is a 50/50 Cohen gets killed/does not get killed proposition. Now if you had predicted back in say 1995, that by 2020 Trump would be President* and his long-time attorney would get killed for ratting on him... then you get to be Neonostradamus. ;)
Wait a second, if Nostradamus can achieve Nostradamus-level for NOT really prognosticating things that occurred, I think we can declare our friend 'Neonostradamus' for accurately prognosticating even likely events. :D That said, I would want proof that prospective Neonostradamus hasn't already seen Roger Stone's chest, nttawwt.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:16 am

No Nostradomus needed here, this is going to be seen more and more at Dufus's rallies.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-su ... 55973.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 am

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 am
Sorry, Neo - I don't think you get credit for Nostradamus-level prognisticating for picking something with pretty good odds of occurring. Besides, at this point is a 50/50 Cohen gets killed/does not get killed proposition. Now if you had predicted back in say 1995, that by 2020 Trump would be President* and his long-time attorney would get killed for ratting on him... then you get to be Neonostradamus. ;)
Wait a second, if Nostradamus can achieve Nostradamus-level for NOT really prognosticating things that occurred, I think we can declare our friend 'Neonostradamus' for accurately prognosticating even likely events. :D That said, I would want proof that prospective Neonostradamus hasn't already seen Roger Stone's chest, nttawwt.
I will sign any paper, take any oath, that I have not once seen the chest of Roger Stone; I've only seen photos of his head, back, and arms. :)

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

I knew that you would say that. ;)
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 pm

I was reading a book the other day; "The Death of Truth" by Michiko Kakutani and there were a couple of quotes at the start of various chapters. One of them was "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exists." Hannah Arendt - The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
The other was from Alexander Hamilton: Beware of "a man unprincipled in private life" and "bold in his temper" who might "mount the hobby horse of popularity" and "flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day" in order to " throw things into confusion that he may 'ride the storm and direct the whirlwind' "
I guess that pretty much covers it.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:38 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 pm
I was reading a book the other day; "The Death of Truth" by Michiko Kakutani and there were a couple of quotes at the start of various chapters. One of them was "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction and the distinction between true and false no longer exists." Hannah Arendt - The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
The other was from Alexander Hamilton: Beware of "a man unprincipled in private life" and "bold in his temper" who might "mount the hobby horse of popularity" and "flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day" in order to " throw things into confusion that he may 'ride the storm and direct the whirlwind' "
I guess that pretty much covers it.
Somewhat related:
Does opposition research still matter in the age of Trump?

... According to people who conduct and weaponize such research for a living, Trump has had an effect on the business — just not the one some Democrats have hoped for.

That hope stems from a common misunderstanding. The reason scandalous information is considered scandalous is not solely because it defies societal standards; it’s also scandalous because it defies our expectations about the individual in question.

“The job of research is to look at how a candidate is known and then go directly at how he or she is known,” explains Joe Pounder, a longtime Republican researcher and strategist who worked for Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney and John McCain before co-founding America Rising, the GOP’s top research firm.

In Trump’s case, he’s always been known for exaggerated boasting, bigoted views, criminal associations and sexual infidelity. That’s why Hillary Clinton’s character-based attacks didn’t work in 2016; they had already been factored into his public persona. It’s also why pretty much no other politicians have been or will be able to inoculate themselves from oppo the way Trump has. They simply can’t afford to set expectations so low.

“I thought that Trump would minimize the value of at least certain types of oppo going forward, given the way the he was so unaffected by it,” says Tim Miller, who co-founded America Rising and went on to serve as Jeb Bush’s 2016 communications director. “But that’s hasn’t really happened. Trump is unique. One of his special powers is just his utter lack of shame.” ...
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm right with you, hominy. I read that story earlier today. We gotta get out of this twilight zone; I've got my birth certificate.

Post Reply