President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Captain

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm

There are differences of (compentent) opinion as to whether he can make up an emergency - apparently it's never been done, no surprise there. He can "call" an emergency, and he can move around some of the military money, but IMNVHO the "emergency" won't survive court. I think it will be like the rulings on the original Muslim ban - that the President* could restrict travel, but not for the ridiculous racist reasons he had. I think he'll have to produce some believable evidence of actual "emergency" - of which of course there is zipnadazilch.

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:24 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm
There are differences of (compentent) opinion as to whether he can make up an emergency - apparently it's never been done, no surprise there. He can "call" an emergency, and he can move around some of the military money, but IMNVHO the "emergency" won't survive court. I think it will be like the rulings on the original Muslim ban - that the President* could restrict travel, but not for the ridiculous racist reasons he had. I think he'll have to produce some believable evidence of actual "emergency" - of which of course there is zipnadazilch.
Beyond that, between the eminent domain fights, state and local government challenges, etc. Etc. It'll be years before any meaningful barrier could be erected, further eroding the emergency factor.

Kinda sick of the talking heads taking this seriously. Can't they just call it what it is, Numbnuts is just trying to fulfill a campaign promise, Congress (Dems and Pubs) won't let him and he's gonna cry about it till 2020. End of story.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:42 pm

An observation:
The overwhelming support from the pubs in Congress, governors along the border states and local government in the affected areas is kind of deafening.

Who's with Ol' Yellowstain (and his Whitehouse minions) besides the Faux News talking heads, Limbaugh and Coulter?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:00 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Kinda sick of the talking heads taking this seriously. Can't they just call it what it is, Numbnuts is just trying to fulfill a campaign promise, Congress (Dems and Pubs) won't let him and he's gonna cry about it till 2020. End of story.
:-|| Absolutely! Every time one of the news people reports his lying stunts as if he wasn't total nuts, it tends to normalize him and make his ummmm, "message" more believable at least to the gullible. And make no mistake, there are a lot of gullibles around.

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

And make no mistake, there are a lot of gullibles around.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:59 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
If only..... his campaign promise was that Mexico would pay for it. :angry-banghead:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:01 pm

bannination wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:59 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
If only..... his campaign promise was that Mexico would pay for it. :angry-banghead:
Thump knew all along that Mexico would never put a dime towards building a wall. He spoke what rednecks and rabidly feverish numbnuts wanted to hear. Now he's got to save face, when he ought to worry about saving his ass.
I wish he had a wall, Peloosi, Schimmer, Soreass, Putin, and collusion stuck where the sun don't shine.
I wouldn't give 2 cents for a Democrat or Republican. Screw 'em all.

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Stilted, stiff and painful (I think the Sanders woman was hiding under the desk poking him with a cattle prod to get him through it), crocodile tears that convince no one but his 35%.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Stilted, stiff and painful (I think the Sanders woman was hiding under the desk poking him with a cattle prod to get him through it), crocodile tears that convince no one but his 35%.
Yeah, he was obviously sticking to the written script and you're probably right that Sanders was wielding a nice 440V Bull Buster all the while. I am still surprised that he didn't declare a state of emergency.....I was nearly sure he would. I think what needs to happen now is trump needs to chase Ted Cruz around the White House lawns until he can tackle him and start munching on his face. Ted has been courting a new look since his GOP convention speech.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Yeah, he was obviously sticking to the written script and you're probably right that Sanders was wielding a nice 440V Bull Buster all the while. I am still surprised that he didn't declare a state of emergency.....I was nearly sure he would. I think what needs to happen now is trump needs to chase Ted Cruz around the White House lawns until he can tackle him and start munching on his face. Ted has been courting a new look since his GOP convention speech.
I am disturbed by the image of Sanders hiding under a desk and doing anything, especially when it involves "stiff and painful".

POSPOTUS was either lying to wind up his adoring bigot Trumpettes when he dangled the idea of declaring a national emergency, or the lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk in Chief caved in to opposition.

Fact Check: Trump's prime-time speech on the government shutdown

Donald Trump's Border Speech Gets A Savage Instant Fact-Check On Fox News

Seems that all he did is look bad, lie, get caught, make no new proposals and suggest nothing that would help end the impasse. Why?
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Re: President* Old Yellowstain

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Surprising no one at all since he thinks he needs some sort of (perceived) victory to keep a campaign promise and wants to run on this in 2020, Old Yellowstain is gonna declare a "national emergency", then proceed to the ultimate FU to people that need help the most.

Border wall funds could be diverted from a pool meant for Puerto Rico, Texas and other areas hit by disasters

Who's gonna pay for the wall? Puerto Rico is gonna pay for the wall!!!

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Well, this could be interesting.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

As Q might say.....BOOM!!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 pm

One thing that argues against the notion that Dolt .45 is directly working for Russia is that the Russians prefer it if their agents and employees are more stable and competent.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 pm
They all look alike.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 am

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:29 am

bannination wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 am
It’s Official: Trump Produces the Longest Government Shutdown Ever

Winning! What a record setter! :text-bravo:
TV talking head on Trump's inability to relate to the economic stress he's causing families:
"He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:28 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Déjà vu!
This is too funny!

1950's TV episode featured a salesman named "Trump" who wants to build a wall to prevent the end of the world

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:29 am
bannination wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:17 am
It’s Official: Trump Produces the Longest Government Shutdown Ever

Winning! What a record setter! :text-bravo:
TV talking head on Trump's inability to relate to the economic stress he's causing families:
"He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."
Talking head stole the phrase...
BORN WITH A SILVER FOOT IN HIS MOUTH -- State Treasurer Ann Richards of Texas in a keynote address to the Democratic National Convention in 1988 humorously changed the proverb (born with a silver spoon in one's mouth) by suggesting that George Bush was 'born with a silver foot in his mouth.'.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:40 am

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:28 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Déjà vu!
This is too funny!

1950's TV episode featured a salesman named "Trump" who wants to build a wall to prevent the end of the world

Why is this funny?
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Re: President* козырь

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 pm