President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Major

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Whack9 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 pm

Has anyone flown lately? I just read that the wait times at Atlanta airport are around 2-3 hours to get through the security check point. Ouch...

Also, maybe the long shut down is by design?

A supposed senior Trump administration official writes:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/14/smok ... esistance/
As one of the senior officials working without a paycheck, a few words of advice for the president’s next move at shuttered government agencies: lock the doors, sell the furniture, and cut them down.

Federal employees are starting to feel the strain of the shutdown. I am one of them. But for the sake of our nation, I hope it lasts a very long time, till the government is changed and can never return to its previous form.

The lapse in appropriations is more than a battle over a wall. It is an opportunity to strip wasteful government agencies for good.

My girlfriend was telling me out in Facebook land, people are applauding the shut down. "It's free to enter national parks now! No entry fees!" someone wrote.

Also, it's common knowledge, from my experience anyway, that most people who support Trump also hate federal workers. We saw Trump point out that most federal workers are Democrats as if to drive the point home to his base that they don't matter. Federal workers getting hurt is probably seen as a plus to a good chunk of Americans.

Your life is really in a sad state of affairs when someone else's suffering brings you joy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 pm
Has anyone flown lately? I just read that the wait times at Atlanta airport are around 2-3 hours to get through the security check point. Ouch...
TV news says TSA now says 'show up 3 hours early'. That means that we can drive to Atlanta in less time than it would take to get off the ground here.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 pm
TV news says TSA now says 'show up 3 hours early'. That means that we can drive to Atlanta in less time than it would take to get off the ground here.
Welcome to Trump's America. I'm sure no terrorists would take advantage of the situation. Glad he's making America safer.

(Yeah, the TSA is a whole other debate.)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm

It's nothing less than an epic and trendsetting event that perhaps our grandchildren will one day witness again. No doubt there will be a monument to this shortly. Harrumphh.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: President* Old Yellowstain

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm
Why is this funny?
Because you don't think it is?
I guess I should have elaborated. It's funny "strange", not funny "ha ha"; depending on your sense of (or lack of) humor.
Anyway, sorry if I offended you, I didn't realize you were a Trump fan. I'll clean up my act.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:48 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm
It's nothing less than an epic and trendsetting event that perhaps our grandchildren will one day witness again. No doubt there will be a monument to this shortly. Harrumphh.
Won't happen. Monuments and statues are offensive; most fast-food workers are Black or Hispanic.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:48 pm
; most fast-food workers are Black or Hispanic.
That would actually be 16.3% Black and 18.4% Hispanic or 34.7% total.

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Re: President* Old Yellowstain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm
Why is this funny?
Because you don't think it is?
I guess I should have elaborated. It's funny "strange", not funny "ha ha"; depending on your sense of (or lack of) humor.
Anyway, sorry if I offended you, I didn't realize you were a Trump fan. I'll clean up my act.
The trump reference was an honest stab at scumbag Fred, no less than the Guthrie song. The family has long been what they are today and none of it is funny ha ha or funny strange.

And - there ain't no way you can offend me. That would require me to have some respect for your opinion.

Kerryon Johnson
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Whack9
Major

Unread post by Whack9 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:02 am

Even Trump's ex-lawyer was in on the deep State conspiracy to make Trump look bad. Wow.

Totally clears the president. Thank you.

/s

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:10 am

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

If the buzzfeed report is indeed true. This is it. He's cooked, as long as people are willing to impeach, he's outta there. Not sure we even need Mueller time now.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

bannination wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

If the buzzfeed report is indeed true. This is it. He's cooked, as long as people are willing to impeach, he's outta there. Not sure we even need Mueller time now.
One would think so, but he's lowered the bar of acceptable behaviour so low that suborning perjury from a person who himself lies constantly maybe isn't so intolerable to those who've been enabling him all this time. More like, "well, he's Trump - what would you expect?"

GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:23 pm

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm
bannination wrote:

One would think so, but he's lowered the bar of acceptable behaviour so low that suborning perjury from a person who himself lies constantly maybe isn't so intolerable to those who've been enabling him all this time. More like, "well, he's Trump - what would you expect?"
Yep, it'll be interesting to take the temperature of the Senate to see if there is 67 votes if and when the time comes. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll resign, that way be can still claim some sort of weird-ass victory and cry witch hunt.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm
bannination wrote:

Yeah, it really is the twilight zone. Plus, the network news says he will make a major announcement tomorrow.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:26 pm

If you take just the suborning perjury and the personal lying and compare them to Nixon and Clinton, Trump is far and away worse. In Nixon's case, he was, in many ways, a decent President for a Republican - horrid with the war, but pretty good foreign affairs and domestic issues. Like Trump, he had a testy relationship with the press, but overall he played a typical role. The original Watergate burglary was, in retrospect, not that awful by current standards. Basically the equivalent of hacked emails, if that bad. And the "cover-up" was largely garden-variety denial lying. So yes, Nixon did it, but in retrospect it was fairly low-level crime. It was just so awful by the standards we thought we had for a President. In Clinton's case, he did it, too, but it the charge was obviously just a technicality so they could railroad him. But in Trump's case, the suborning perjury, lying, etc. is not the best charges that could be available - they're really just a minimum. So for Clinton, you have a guy driving a bit over the limit but you're afraid you can't get a conviction on that so you charge him with driving with improper equipment because of the tail light you broke, and then charge him with assault on an officer because he yells about the light. With Trump, you have a guy who's driving drunk at 130mph, runs over people, smashes police cars, and farts in the general direction of everybody and you agonize over whether you can charge him with disorderly conduct.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm

.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:
Ummm, that would be Sunday night. Don't go out too early.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Opps; my mistake; it's Sunday as you say......probably as an omen after the announcement tomorrow. Sigh.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Opps; my mistake; it's Sunday as you say......probably as an omen after the announcement tomorrow. Sigh.
Should be spectacular if we get to see it at all. Possibility of clouds. But if it's clear, the peak of eclipse will occur right about midnight (same as all east coast) but in south Florida will be when the moon is straight up middle of the sky.