President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 pm
Has anyone flown lately? I just read that the wait times at Atlanta airport are around 2-3 hours to get through the security check point. Ouch...
TV news says TSA now says 'show up 3 hours early'. That means that we can drive to Atlanta in less time than it would take to get off the ground here.
Welcome to Trump's America. I'm sure no terrorists would take advantage of the situation. Glad he's making America safer.

(Yeah, the TSA is a whole other debate.)

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26185
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It's nothing less than an epic and trendsetting event that perhaps our grandchildren will one day witness again. No doubt there will be a monument to this shortly. Harrumphh.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: President* Old Yellowstain

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm
Why is this funny?
Because you don't think it is?
I guess I should have elaborated. It's funny "strange", not funny "ha ha"; depending on your sense of (or lack of) humor.
Anyway, sorry if I offended you, I didn't realize you were a Trump fan. I'll clean up my act.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm
It's nothing less than an epic and trendsetting event that perhaps our grandchildren will one day witness again. No doubt there will be a monument to this shortly. Harrumphh.
Won't happen. Monuments and statues are offensive; most fast-food workers are Black or Hispanic.

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13056
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:48 pm
; most fast-food workers are Black or Hispanic.
That would actually be 16.3% Black and 18.4% Hispanic or 34.7% total.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8779
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: President* Old Yellowstain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:00 pm
Why is this funny?
Because you don't think it is?
I guess I should have elaborated. It's funny "strange", not funny "ha ha"; depending on your sense of (or lack of) humor.
Anyway, sorry if I offended you, I didn't realize you were a Trump fan. I'll clean up my act.
The trump reference was an honest stab at scumbag Fred, no less than the Guthrie song. The family has long been what they are today and none of it is funny ha ha or funny strange.

And - there ain't no way you can offend me. That would require me to have some respect for your opinion.

Kerryon Johnson

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3574
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Whack9
Ensign
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Whack9 »

Even Trump's ex-lawyer was in on the deep State conspiracy to make Trump look bad. Wow.

Totally clears the president. Thank you.

/s
Fuck 2019 2020

Ezekiel 23:20

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26185
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination »

If the buzzfeed report is indeed true. This is it. He's cooked, as long as people are willing to impeach, he's outta there. Not sure we even need Mueller time now.

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13056
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

bannination wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

If the buzzfeed report is indeed true. This is it. He's cooked, as long as people are willing to impeach, he's outta there. Not sure we even need Mueller time now.
One would think so, but he's lowered the bar of acceptable behaviour so low that suborning perjury from a person who himself lies constantly maybe isn't so intolerable to those who've been enabling him all this time. More like, "well, he's Trump - what would you expect?"

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3574
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm
bannination wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

If the buzzfeed report is indeed true. This is it. He's cooked, as long as people are willing to impeach, he's outta there. Not sure we even need Mueller time now.
One would think so, but he's lowered the bar of acceptable behaviour so low that suborning perjury from a person who himself lies constantly maybe isn't so intolerable to those who've been enabling him all this time. More like, "well, he's Trump - what would you expect?"
Yep, it'll be interesting to take the temperature of the Senate to see if there is 67 votes if and when the time comes. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll resign, that way be can still claim some sort of weird-ass victory and cry witch hunt.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm
bannination wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

If the buzzfeed report is indeed true. This is it. He's cooked, as long as people are willing to impeach, he's outta there. Not sure we even need Mueller time now.
One would think so, but he's lowered the bar of acceptable behaviour so low that suborning perjury from a person who himself lies constantly maybe isn't so intolerable to those who've been enabling him all this time. More like, "well, he's Trump - what would you expect?"
Yeah, it really is the twilight zone. Plus, the network news says he will make a major announcement tomorrow.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13056
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

If you take just the suborning perjury and the personal lying and compare them to Nixon and Clinton, Trump is far and away worse. In Nixon's case, he was, in many ways, a decent President for a Republican - horrid with the war, but pretty good foreign affairs and domestic issues. Like Trump, he had a testy relationship with the press, but overall he played a typical role. The original Watergate burglary was, in retrospect, not that awful by current standards. Basically the equivalent of hacked emails, if that bad. And the "cover-up" was largely garden-variety denial lying. So yes, Nixon did it, but in retrospect it was fairly low-level crime. It was just so awful by the standards we thought we had for a President. In Clinton's case, he did it, too, but it the charge was obviously just a technicality so they could railroad him. But in Trump's case, the suborning perjury, lying, etc. is not the best charges that could be available - they're really just a minimum. So for Clinton, you have a guy driving a bit over the limit but you're afraid you can't get a conviction on that so you charge him with driving with improper equipment because of the tail light you broke, and then charge him with assault on an officer because he yells about the light. With Trump, you have a guy who's driving drunk at 130mph, runs over people, smashes police cars, and farts in the general direction of everybody and you agonize over whether you can charge him with disorderly conduct.

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13056
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm


.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:
Ummm, that would be Sunday night. Don't go out too early.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm


.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:
Ummm, that would be Sunday night. Don't go out too early.
Opps; my mistake; it's Sunday as you say......probably as an omen after the announcement tomorrow. Sigh.

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13056
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm


.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:
Ummm, that would be Sunday night. Don't go out too early.
Opps; my mistake; it's Sunday as you say......probably as an omen after the announcement tomorrow. Sigh.
Should be spectacular if we get to see it at all. Possibility of clouds. But if it's clear, the peak of eclipse will occur right about midnight (same as all east coast) but in south Florida will be when the moon is straight up middle of the sky.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6098
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm


.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:
Ummm, that would be Sunday night. Don't go out too early.
Opps; my mistake; it's Sunday as you say......probably as an omen after the announcement tomorrow. Sigh.
Should be spectacular if we get to see it at all. Possibility of clouds. But if it's clear, the peak of eclipse will occur right about midnight (same as all east coast) but in south Florida will be when the moon is straight up middle of the sky.
Well, good luck....here in TN it's supposed to be single digit temp Sunday night so I hope that means clear skies. I had planned to get up on the roof with a couple of those big golf umbrellas and, well, do a little flying during this auspicious lunar event, but I'm having some jitters.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination »

Mueller's Office Disputes BuzzFeed Report That Trump Told Cohen To Lie To Congress

The plot thickens.

What exactly Mueller's office says is inaccurate is not detailed yet.

Post Reply