President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 pm

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:29 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm

.....tomorrow is the day of the blood wolf super moon. :shock:
Ummm, that would be Sunday night. Don't go out too early.
Opps; my mistake; it's Sunday as you say......probably as an omen after the announcement tomorrow. Sigh.
Should be spectacular if we get to see it at all. Possibility of clouds. But if it's clear, the peak of eclipse will occur right about midnight (same as all east coast) but in south Florida will be when the moon is straight up middle of the sky.
Well, good luck....here in TN it's supposed to be single digit temp Sunday night so I hope that means clear skies. I had planned to get up on the roof with a couple of those big golf umbrellas and, well, do a little flying during this auspicious lunar event, but I'm having some jitters.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:42 pm

Mueller's Office Disputes BuzzFeed Report That Trump Told Cohen To Lie To Congress

The plot thickens.

What exactly Mueller's office says is inaccurate is not detailed yet.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Strange business; gotta be the blood wolf super moon working at good speed.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Well, good luck....here in TN it's supposed to be single digit temp Sunday night so I hope that means clear skies. I had planned to get up on the roof with a couple of those big golf umbrellas and, well, do a little flying during this auspicious lunar event, but I'm having some jitters.
It's a bit of a cool snap here, too - probably upper 50's by midnight. But the club is having a poolside event with food, drinks, music, lounge chairs, patio flame warmers, big screen for the game. No festivities planned for Trump's "big announcement" though.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 pm
Strange business; gotta be the blood wolf super moon working at good speed.
2341 - 0044 ET, peak at 0016.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:28 pm

I sure hope Muller ain't fake. The shithead who pretended to investigate cheney sure was. Scooter did a little time and got his pardon and cheney walked with his war and his war crimes
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 pm

bannination wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:42 pm
Mueller's Office Disputes BuzzFeed Report That Trump Told Cohen To Lie To Congress

The plot thickens.

What exactly Mueller's office says is inaccurate is not detailed yet.
BuzzFeed is sticking by its story. Does this mean that Mueller thinks that everything else that's been leaked/reported about the investigation is accurate?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Not to be too picky over something I know nothing about, but Mueller's statement was carefully worded and didn't say that BuzzFeed's story was untrue. It said "inaccurate." Big difference.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 pm

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:21 pm
Not to be too picky over something I know nothing about, but Mueller's statement was carefully worded and didn't say that BuzzFeed's story was untrue. It said "inaccurate." Big difference.
Agreed, it was suspicious timing to me that Trump wanted to go on TV again for a distraction shortly after the news came out. I think it hit on something.

Lawyers are always careful with their wording... because that's a large part of their job (it seems to me).

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:30 pm

Well, given the seriousness of a credible allegation that Trump actually told Cohen to lie, Mueller wouldn't want to have any potential kinks in what he does have that might be caused by "inaccurate", incomplete, or misleading information released publicly. Doesn't mean Cohen didn't say it, and it doesn't mean Mueller doesn't have collaborating evidence of it. Just means some specific parts of the the BuzzFeed story isn't accurate.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Trump really does believe the Dems (and the public) are idiots. His "offer" contains only part of what he himself took away. Making him totally drop any opposition to DACA and dropping the "break up the families and put them in cages" should be a starting point, not a goal. And if the Dems let him get by with it, then maybe they are idiots.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:44 am

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm
Trump really does believe the Dems (and the public) are idiots. His "offer" contains only part of what he himself took away. Making him totally drop any opposition to DACA and dropping the "break up the families and put them in cages" should be a starting point, not a goal. And if the Dems let him get by with it, then maybe they are idiots.
If Trump get re elected, I may end up being an expatriate.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:44 am
O Really wrote:
If Trump get re elected, I may end up being an expatriate.
If Trump got re-elected, there wouldn't be a recognizable United States to de-patriate from.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Great minds . . .
O Really wrote:
Trump really does believe the Dems (and the public) are idiots. His "offer" contains only part of what he himself took away. Making him totally drop any opposition to DACA and dropping the "break up the families and put them in cages" should be a starting point, not a goal.
As you say:

Trump has once again come to try and get billions for his wall and his deportation force. It was no deal. It was the same racist thing all over again.

He has requested $5.7 billion for the wall, more funds to hire nearly 3,000 Deportation Force agents and more staff to expedite deportations that will send even more immigrants to their deaths. This in exchange for a distraction that is not permanent and that will continue to endanger millions in our community.
For months, Trump has acted in bad faith and has tried to use our lives to bargain and get his wall and expand his Deportation Force. We can’t give in now. We must unitedly reject this and any deal that will hurt our communities.

Our demand stands: Congress must pass clean, permanent protections for undocumented immigrants, defund the Deportation Force and not play into Donald Trump’s sick and dangerous game of offering bad policies in exchange of his racist laundry list of demands! Let’s not forget, Trump is the one who put us in danger by killing TPS and DACA protections. Then he and Republicans blocked the Dream Act that would have protected us with a pathway to citizenship.

He has killed every compromise to protect immigrant youth, demanding more detention camps and billions for his deportation agents. This is part of his sick anti-immigrant strategy. His proposal is unacceptable. Trump and Republicans must re-open the government now without giving more dollars to the wall and Deportation Force!

Adrian from UWD
O Really wrote:
And if the Dems let him get by with it, then maybe they are idiots.
As you say:
Democrats: Don't compromise with Trump's extremism

Petition to Democrats:

"People are not bargaining chips. Don't give an inch when it comes to Trump's shutdown. Refuse to trade Dreamers and TPS holders for Trump's wall and the expansion of ICE and CBP."

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 pm

I'll be damned, POSPOTUS folded on the SOTU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 1922307072
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:58 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 pm
I'll be damned, POSPOTUS folded on the SOTU.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 1922307072
He’s been grabbed by the ***** and is getting beat up by a girl.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 am

Yeah, and that "girl" has bigger balls than anybody he's ever dealt with.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 am

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 am
Yeah, and that "girl" has bigger balls than anybody he's ever dealt with.
Found:
Pelosi castrated wannabe DICtator Trump. Now he's just Tator Trump.
:D

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:11 pm

O Really wrote:
Tell House Democratic leaders: Don't compromise with a racist

The petition to House Democratic leaders reads:

"Don't reward Donald Trump's hostage taking. Do not pay his $5.7 billion ransom to reopen the government. Any additional funding for border security will endanger our communities and sanction Trump's racism."

GoCubsGo
Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.