President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Ensign

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:38 pm
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... Day#p85295
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:21 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:40 pm
Cadet Bonespurs: Honoring our Veterans.
Putting the Me back in Memorial Day
Donald Trump's Fourth of July bash to include speech at Lincoln Memorial, parade, flyovers

That’s our lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk in Chief, putting the ‘I’ back in Independence Day.

One can only hope that history repeats itself:
Some people are holding their breath, recalling the last time a Fourth of July was tied to a sitting president.

Back in 1970, supporters of Richard Nixon staged an "Honor America Day" in Washington, D.C.

Vietnam War protesters flooded the event. Some staged a marijuana "smoke-in" on the National Mall, while others waded into the reflecting pool opposite the Lincoln Memorial.

Police used tear gas on some of the protesters, but the wind carried the gas into the crowd attending the ceremony.

After Trump's tweet in February, critic William Kristol responded: "The last president to try to hijack July 4th was Richard Nixon, who staged Honor America Day on July 4, 1970. It was widely ridiculed. Nixon later left office in disgrace."
I'd love to see the nasty women in pussy hats hijack this thing 😾
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:45 pm

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm
I always enjoyed the DC fireworks show - always well done, good music, and a great backdrop for the festivities. I shan't be watching those this year. I'm pretty sure NYC will put on a great show. Or who knows - I might pass entirely since we'll have just done Canada Day in Victoria, with no Trump in sight. https://www.tourismvictoria.com/see-do/ ... canada-day
I'll bet the alternative shows in suburban DC all have record crowds.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:18 am

I just have to laugh at the running trump tweets that are posted on our header; it's always some ignorant bullshit or just outright lies or praising someone who should more correctly be vilified........Anyway, I saw this morning that Iran has shot down a Navy drone in the Strait after missing one the other day. I suppose trump will now give Nuttyahoo a call and find out what to do. Maybe my predicted end of month war is still on track.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Well, trump tweets above, currently, that "Iran made a very big mistake." I guess that's it, then. This time next year the world will be like the Mad Max environment in which trump will be the Lord Humungus and Stephen Miller will be his mini me. Fucking hell......guess I'll go out and buy some gas for my Interceptor. :wave:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:18 am
I just have to laugh at the running trump tweets that are posted on our header; it's always some ignorant bullshit or just outright lies or praising someone who should more correctly be vilified........Anyway, I saw this morning that Iran has shot down a Navy drone in the Strait after missing one the other day. I suppose trump will now give Nuttyahoo a call and find out what to do. Maybe my predicted end of month war is still on track.
Losing a drone is like losing a dildo, plenty more where it came from . . . or so I've heard. :o

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:18 am
Losing a drone is like losing a dildo, plenty more where it came from . . . or so I've heard. :o
I suppose so, plus if you're awakened in the middle of the night to the droning sound of a battery powered one, you can probably bet that you're doing something wrong. :D

1 CAT FAN
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:42 pm

They're pissed off, much like you fellas now.
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm
    I suppose so, plus if you're awakened in the middle of the night to the droning sound of a battery powered one, you can probably bet that you're doing something wrong. :D
    Voice of experience? :P

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Vrede too wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 pm
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm
    Voice of experience? :P
    Nah, I can hold my own :D I was just working on the script for a new tv show.

GoCubsGo
    Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Sooo, anyone getting a little nervous bout numbnuts with his finger on the trigger in a ginned up "crisis" of his own making?

As an aside, I don't believe either Iran or the U.S. on where the drone was.....#sosad.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Fact check: Trump's Orlando rally featured more than 15 false claims over 76 minutes

Orlando truly is a fantasyland. Many are lies that he's been called out on several times before.

GoCubsGo
    Ensign

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Yeesh.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reporter-p ... 13753.html

It's like reading a transcript of captain Queeg, the man can't finish a sentence.

https://time.com/5611476/donald-trump-t ... interview/

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 pm

I sort of think he didn't carry through with the military strike because it would fuck up his 4th of July self congratulatory celebration. It just wouldn't look good. Ivanka told him this at the last minute. Nuttyahoo is stomping around in a tizzy over it.

O Really
    Captain

Unread post by O Really » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm
    Fact check: Trump's Orlando rally featured more than 15 false claims over 76 minutes

Orlando truly is a fantasyland. Many are lies that he's been called out on several times before.
    Orlando! :lol: :lol: Perfect place for the Trump show. The only thing real in Orlando is the traffic and the piles of money made from people who happily pay a bunch to suspend disbelief.

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:31 pm

O Really wrote:
    Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm
    Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Orlando! :lol: :lol: Perfect place for the Trump show. The only thing real in Orlando is the traffic and the piles of money made from people who happily pay a bunch to suspend disbelief.
    Orlando would be a huge letdown for me; I've been suspending disbelief hard and steady for 2-1/2 years as I suppose most of us here have. Hell, nowadays I wouldn't bat an eye if I saw clowns floating around up in the sky and jumping between clouds.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:36 pm

O Really wrote:
    Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:26 pm
    According to billy.pilgrim, it's where football teams fantasize, too. :D

1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:22 pm

"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 pm

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:16 pm

That "untethered to reality" phrase should be trump's re election slogan, or maybe "2020 but blind as a bat" would be good, too. Last night I watched an old Andy Griffith show and Ernest T. Bass was on it. He wanted to impress his girlfriend by getting an education and wanted Andy to help him do so. He thought it would take no longer than a week, so Andy had to set him straight on it. But it reminded me of trump in that he only knows bits and pieces of what he thinks he knows. Oh, Ernest T also had gotten a tooth layered with gold leaf and shaved the back of his neck, and proudly exclaimed "slickety, ain't it?" The whole thing reminded me of trump and his dysfunctional world.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:26 am

neoplacebo wrote:
    Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:16 pm
    That "untethered to reality" phrase should be trump's re election slogan, or maybe "2020 but blind as a bat" would be good, too....
    Meet ‘maybe megan rapinoe,’ the victim – er, beneficiary? – of Trump’s Twitter incompetence

:lol: :!: