President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:45 pm

trump's tweet as I post this illustrates his flippant attitude about the Constitution; he wants to postpone the census ("no matter how long") because the Supreme Court shot down his citizenship question. What will it take to get rid of this fucking moron? I guess we can hope someone with some integrity in the GOP will challenge him or maybe he'll have a goddam breakdown and pull a Johnson on us and not run. He's crazy dangerous.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:17 am

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:17 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:45 pm
... this fucking moron ...
Donald Trump Stumped By Terms 'Busing' And Western 'Liberalism' At Press Conference

Godfuckingdamn. What a fucking moron. Everyone, fucking everyone, knows what busing is.

Everyone, except him and the tiny little babies.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm

Photo-op POSPOTUS=POSPHOTUS
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 pm
New White House press secretary left with bruises after scuffles between North Korean security guards and journalists

This is Dolt .45’s way of welcoming Ms Grisham to the crazytown of the 45SHOLE team being too incompetent to work out such details ahead of time. America has been humiliated by Kim, again - hat trick!
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
New White House press secretary left with bruises after scuffles between North Korean security guards and journalists

This is Dolt .45’s way of welcoming Ms Grisham to the crazytown of the 45SHOLE team being too incompetent to work out such details ahead of time. America has been humiliated by Kim, again - hat trick!

Awww c'mon, we're legitimizing and apparently accepting NK as a nuclear power and we get a nice photo op. #MAGA
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:12 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Awww c'mon, we're legitimizing and apparently accepting NK as a nuclear power and we get a nice photo op. #MAGA
What we should have had was Sarah Sanders mud wrestling Kim Jong Un in a makeshift ring out in the parking lot of the new US embassy in Jerusalem. And the winner of that takes on the Supreme Leader of Iran in a winner take all extravaganza. That'll show those Commie bastards.

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:30 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:12 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

What we should have had was Sarah Sanders mud wrestling Kim Jong Un in a makeshift ring out in the parking lot of the new US embassy in Jerusalem. And the winner of that takes on the Supreme Leader of Iran in a winner take all extravaganza. That'll show those Commie bastards.
Do you ever wish you hadn't read something. The image of those two mud wrestling in thongs is just plain downright hurtful.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:30 am
Do you ever wish you hadn't read something. The image of those two mud wrestling in thongs is just plain downright hurtful.
"in thongs" is the product of YOUR imagination . . . and thank you oh so much for that.

Since breakfast is ruined anyhow, we can add Rosie O'Donnell and Piers Morgan to our images of mud wrestlers in thongs.

Rosie O'Donnell slams Sarah Huckabee Sanders over Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dis: 'Leave AOC alone'
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am

This a pretty good link. Nothing new in it, but is pretty well encapsulates my own personal response to the people in my life who cheerlead this motherfucker and all the vermin with which he surrounds himself. This young man manages to do it in a direct manner, but without all the anger and sailor words that scramble to jump out of my mouth.

Open Letter: To my Trump-supporting family.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920, in The Baltimore Evening Sun

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:04 pm

Boatrocker wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am
This a pretty good link. Nothing new in it, but is pretty well encapsulates my own personal response to the people in my life who cheerlead this motherfucker and all the vermin with which he surrounds himself. This young man manages to do it in a direct manner, but without all the anger and sailor words that scramble to jump out of my mouth.

Open Letter: To my Trump-supporting family.
I have a somewhat similar letter from a very different time - more protest in my background than flag waving, but always the optimism that things keep getting better.

Mine may die with me, I haven't decided.

DouglasNew

Unread post by DouglasNew » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:37 am

O Really wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:54 am
Never ending question with Trump - was he lying then; is he lying now; are both times lies... easy answer though - "of course."
I think that Donald Trump is lying and of course he always lies.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Roundup: Trump-Era Deregulation in the Courts

The Institute for Policy Integrity tracks the outcomes of litigation over the Trump administration’s deregulatory efforts in this Roundup. The Roundup includes litigation over federal agency rule suspensions; repeals; rescissions; efforts to weaken regulations through guidance, memoranda, amendments, or replacements; and other agency actions.

Unsuccessful - 39, 93%
An outcome is considered unsuccessful for the Trump administration if (1) a court ruled against the agency or (2) the relevant agency withdrew the action after being sued. If there are different rulings on the same deregulatory action, the entry is assigned an “X” as long as one court ruled against the agency.

Successful - 3, 7%
An outcome is considered successful for the Trump administration if the agency won the lawsuit without having to withdraw the challenged action, whether or not that win was on purely procedural grounds (such as mootness) or on the merits.
What part of "illegal" does 45SHOLE not understand?

The cases are detailed at the link. Here's the tally of our successful champions:

Natural Resources Defense Council - 5, Natural Resources Defense Council, et al. - 1 :-||
California - 4, State of California, et al. - 1, Regents of the University of California - 1 :-||
Pennsylvania - 1
New York, et al. - 1
Clean Air Carolina - 1 :thumbup:
South Carolina Coastal Conservation League - 1 :thumbup:
Friends of Alaska, et al. - 1
Air Alliance Houston - 1
“NGO Plaintiffs” coalition - 1
Clean Air Council - 1
American Lung Association - 1
Becerra - 1
Clean Water Action - 1
Center for Science in the Public Interest - 1
National Venture Capital Association - 1
Open Communities Alliance - 1
Sierra Club - 1
Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste - 1
Healthy Teen Network - 1
Environmental Defense Fund, et al. - 1
League of United Latin American Citizens - 1
Bauer - 1
Ramos - 1
Paralyzed Veterans of America, Inc. - 1
Oceana, Inc. - 1
National Women’s Law Center - 1
Citizens for Clean Energy, et al. - 1
United Steel, et al. - 1
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:13 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:09 pm

What part of "illegal" does 45SHOLE not understand?

Ummmm, that would be "all of it."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm
One can only hope that history repeats itself:
Some people are holding their breath, recalling the last time a Fourth of July was tied to a sitting president.

Back in 1970, supporters of Richard Nixon staged an "Honor America Day" in Washington, D.C.

Vietnam War protesters flooded the event. Some staged a marijuana "smoke-in" on the National Mall, while others waded into the reflecting pool opposite the Lincoln Memorial.

Police used tear gas on some of the protesters, but the wind carried the gas into the crowd attending the ceremony.

After Trump's tweet in February, critic William Kristol responded: "The last president to try to hijack July 4th was Richard Nixon, who staged Honor America Day on July 4, 1970. It was widely ridiculed. Nixon later left office in disgrace."
I'd love to see the nasty women in pussy hats hijack this thing 😾
What to expect at the Washington DC 4th of July: Army tanks, a burning flag and Baby Trump

... Already, protesters have threatened to air their own counter celebration.

Trump's planned festivities are being compared to Richard Nixon's 'Honor America Day' in 1970 but that event devolved into riots as anti-war protesters were tear gassed by police....

Trump baby balloon

The liberal activist organization Code Pink is planning to fly a “Baby Trump blimp," referencing the 20-foot blimp that flew in London during Trump’s visits there in 2018 and 2019. According to the event description, it is still fundraising to “make sure Trump gets a great view.”

The group lists the protest as taking place in front of the Lincoln Memorial. But it's unclear how close they will get given security restrictions in place before and during the celebration.

The group will be protesting the Trump administration’s handling of the border crisis and “spreading hate and racism across the U.S. and the world,” among other issues, according to the group's web site.

The Trump Baby Balloon, depicting an orange-hued Trump in a diaper clutching a Twitter-ready cell phone in his right hand, has become an iconic fixture at protests including recently in London and at the U.S.-Mexico border.

John McCain supporters

Two military veterans groups are planning to hand out T-shirts on the mall "to honor the military service and sacrifice" of the family of John McCain, the late senator with whom Trump has feuded.

VoteVets – a liberal political action committee that almost exclusively backs Democratic candidates, according to OpenSecrets – is teaming up with Rags of Honor – a screen printing shop that employs homeless veterans – to give out the "Big Bad John" shirts depicting the USS John S. McCain.

That ship was at the center of a recent controversy after it was revealed that the Navy was asked to move the destroyer bearing the Arizona Republican's name when Trump visited Japan last month.

Then-acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said the White House military liaison had asked that the 7th fleet to hide the ship from Trump – who was outspoken in his criticism of McCain even after the veteran of the Vietnam War was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer – but the Navy ignored the request.

Flag burning

The man at the center of the 1984 U.S. Supreme Court case that protected the burning of the U.S. flag as constitutionally protected free speech is planning to protest the president as well.

Gregory Lee Johnson, who recently settled for $225,000 with the city of Cleveland for burning an American flag outside of the Republican National Convention in 2016, said he'll be doing it again Thursday.

“I am going to D.C. on the Fourth of July and I’m going to burn the flag in protest (of his) whole fascist agenda," Johnson told USA TODAY.

“Think about all Trump has done to whip people into a frenzy,” he said.
More power to them, but I would not go if I was still in the area.
I wouldn't want to be counted as an attendee in the crowd shots.
I doubt that the protests will be large enough to have an impact. Not a single lefty group that I subscribe to has asked folks to come.
Some images will be used to smear all anti-45SHOLE folks.

Comments:
For the first time in my adult life, I will not be watching the glorious 4th of July celebration in Washington, DC. It's obvious that Trump will turn it into a campaign rally, and an opportunity for the peasants to honor their 'great leader', ala Kim Jong Un. With tanks and planes parading through the masses, it is certain to be a copycat of the parades we see in Russia, North Korea and China. It will be ostentatious, grotesque and completely out of context for a celebration that marks the founding of our nation. Someone needs to organize a national boycott to try and shatter any claims by Trump as to how many millions of subjects honored their "great leader".
"A portion of that will feature Trump honoring U.S. forces...."
Donald got FIVE military deferrals, to keep him OUT the service to the country.
How much "honor" can he bestow?
The country called on him FIVE TIMES. Each time he said "No".
"Trump's planned festivities are being compared to Richard Nixon's 'Honor America Day' in 1970" WHAT? A comparison between Trump and Nixon? Impossible! Nixon's fingers were longer.
Among other things
Melania’s fingers are longer.
Trump's nose is certainly longer.
Trump will be launching bottle rockets from his rear while the love of his life Kim Jong sings the national anthem in broken English. Senator Lindsey Graham will be there interviewing with Sean Hannity defending Trump and his actions. Attorney general William Barr will be interviewing with Laura Ingraham threatening to sue anyone who criticizes Trump.... Caterers will be there serving Wendy's and KFC.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:15 pm

"Baby Trump do do -do do - do do, Baby Trump do do - do do - do do ... Baby Trump"

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:19 am

I guess we don't do the Smoke-In anymore.

https://mashable.com/2016/04/19/1970-smoke-in/

It was really hot and so nice of them to furnish a swimming pool.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:22 am

O Really wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:15 pm
"Baby Trump do do -do do - do do, Baby Trump do do - do do - do do ... Baby Trump"
Cool, I may just have to buy some of those baby Baby Trumps balloons.
Or t-shirts, greeting cards, mugs, pillows, stickers, totes . . .
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/baby+trump

If the costs of the Independence I-Trump Day activities are really "worth it” as POSPOTUS says, why is he hiding what they are?

The fireworks aren’t really “donated” when they purchase favorable tariffs consideration.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

1 CAT FAN
Marshal

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am

No purchase of fireworks necessary this July 4th
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney