President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Curious about the crowd size, I looked through the noon broadcast news and the cable news stations for coverage - nothing.

I went to whitehouse.gov and searched "4th of july 2019" filtered for the Past 30 Days hoping to find an agenda - also nothing. How incompetent is that?!

Found this article, #1 on the googled list.
11:45 a.m. - 2 p.m. National Independence Day Parade - Not being covered anywhere, not even CSPAN or Faux Noise!
Other scheduled events, no mention of 45SHOLE or his speech other than "and many more."
:---P

Went to nps.gov, finally success:
Special July 4th Events in DC Area National Parks

National Independence Day Parade
11:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Salute to America
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., Lincoln Memorial

President Donald J. Trump honors America’s armed forces with music, military demonstrations, flyovers and much more. Participants include the Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, the U.S. Army Band (“Pershing’s Own”), the Armed Forces Chorus, the United States Marine Corps Silent Drill Team, and many others. Gates open at 3:30 p.m.

A Capitol Fourth
8 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol

This all-star salute to America's 243rd birthday with performances by Grammy Award-winning music legend Carole King, multi-platinum recording artist Vanessa Williams, Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat, the National Symphony Orchestra, and a special appearance by the Sesame Street Muppets!

Fireworks Display
9:07 p.m., National Mall & Neighboring Parks

Independence Day culminates with a spectacular fireworks display launched from West Potomac Park and behind the Lincoln Memorial which will be visible from many locations throughout D.C. and Northern Virginia. The fireworks will be cancelled in case of heavy rain, thunderstorms or high winds.
So, anyone wanting to see the fireworks and 45SHOLE needs to pack a meal or two and show up by 6:00 p.m., maybe as early as 3:30 p.m - poor planning.

Went to tvguide.com - only CSPAN is covering 45SHOLE's speech. Faux Noise:
Special Report with Bret Baier
The latest news from inside the Beltway.
6:00 - 8:00 PM

Rain chances are 35%.
https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/ ... 30e4c5f84f
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:31 pm

I think Nathan's hot dog eating contest got more coverage - as well it should.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:11 pm

No way in hell I'd go to this thing. Aside from an irrational fear that one of the military jets will collide (collude?) with another one and they will both crash in the immediate vicinity, the pilots parachuting on top of and covering up trump, that's not what would keep me away. The fact that when trump is talking, everyone will laugh at the end of each statement. While that's going on, Jeff Sessions will be crawling underneath the grandstand with twelve sticks of dynamite in an old wooden box; he plans on some retribution but has a sudden onset of Christian empathy and slinks away without lighting the fuse. Meanwhile, William Barr and Sarah Sanders are making The Beast With Two Backs just under the front edge of the previously mentioned pilot's parachute. Not to miss out on the fun, Laura Ingraham is giving Sean Hannity a blow job off to the side and the whole time she's doing it he's telling her how she's doing it wrong. Don Jr and Eric throw caution to the wind and stick firecrackers up each others ass and giggle like fucking ten year olds. Yeah, I think I'll take a pass on this event.

1 CAT FAN
Marshal

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Happy Independence Day, Ms. Vrede.
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:22 pm

AP FACT CHECK: Trump often is wrong about military matters

... He's claimed, for example, that he came up with the "genius idea" of giving veterans private health care so they don't have to wait for Veterans Affairs appointments, only to find out that others had thought of it but failed to get it done.

President Barack Obama signed the law getting it done in 2014.

Trump also made the flatly false statement that he won troops their first raise in a decade, suggested he's made progress reducing veteran suicides that is not backed up by the numbers, and contradicted the record in claiming that North Korea is cooperating on the return of the remains of U.S. troops....

U.S. military members have received a pay raise every year for decades.

Trump also boasts about the size of the military pay raises under his administration, but there's nothing extraordinary about them.

Several raises in the last decade have been larger than service members are getting under Trump — 2.6% this year, 2.4% last year, 2.1% in 2017.

Raises in 2008, 2009 and 2010, for example, were all 3.4% or more....

Trump incorrectly suggests that he helped reduce veterans' suicide, noting that his administration was working "very, very hard" on the problem and that in fact the figure had come down. But no decline has been registered during his administration....

Still, a report by the Government Accountability Office in December found the VA had left millions of dollars unspent that were available for suicide prevention efforts. The report said VA had spent just $57,000 out of $6.2 million available for paid media, such as social-media postings, due in part to leadership turmoil at the agency....

No remains of U.S. service members have been returned (by North Korea) since last summer and the U.S. suspended efforts in May to get negotiations on the remains back on track in time to have more repatriated this year. It hopes more remains may be brought home next year....

Trump did not invent the idea of giving veterans the option to see private doctor outside the Department of Veterans Affairs medical system at government expense. Nor is he the first president in 40 years to pass the program.

Congress approved the private-sector Veterans Choice health program in 2014 and Obama signed it into law. Trump expanded it....

Indeed, the VA says it does not expect a major increase in veterans seeking care outside the VA under Trump's expanded program, partly because waiting times in the private sector are typically longer than at VA.

"The care in the private sector, nine times out of 10, is probably not as good as care in VA," VA Secretary Robert Wilkie told Congress in March.
    Why would anyone be stupid and unpatriotic enough to support this lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk in Chief that hates our soldiers so much that he routinely exploits them with sleazy lies?
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
    Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 pm
    Sometimes I love the internet.
    Wow.
    Trump Dive-Bombed In Tweets After Claiming Army Seized Revolutionary War Airports

Critics of President Donald Trump were flying high Thursday after his jaw-dropping gaffe in his Independence Day speech that the brave U.S. Army (Continental Army, there was no U.S.) took over airports during the Revolutionary War.

Trump, clearly reading from a teleprompter, talked about how the Continental Congress in 1775 “created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York.” The army suffered a “bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of (at) Yorktown,” Trump said....

Here’s where it goes off the rails: “Our Army manned the air, it rammed (or ‘rand’) the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do (???),” Trump added. “And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant (wrong war).”

... (he called it “McHendry”) ...
    #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories "One if by sea, Two if by land and Three if by AIR"
    George Takei
    @GeorgeTakei

Apparently we took La Guardia Airport from the Brits in 1776 and have been trying to give it back for 243 years.
    We beat the British because they had to connect through Atlanta. #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories
    My Dearest Rose,

I'm afraid I must be the bearer of bad news. My flight has already been delayed a fortnight, and I fear it will be longer. The army has shut down the airport and the airplane will not be invented for 6 score and 7 years from now. #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories
    Adding “Airports” to the text of the TelePrompTer speech on War of 1812? Well played Deep State. Well played. #TrumpParade #Worst4thEver https://twitter.com/terri2uus/stat
    Devin Nunes’ cow 🐮
    @DevinCow

The red zone is for loading and unloading muskets only 🐮 #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories
    Washington at the Battle of Baggage Claim #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories

You are now free to move about the colonies. #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories
    :lol: Dolt .45. Lots more in article and comments at the link.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

billy.pilgrim
    Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:25 am

Hard to imagine anyone so out of touch with everything. A true https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing
    George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:20 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
    Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:25 am
    Hard to imagine anyone so out of touch with everything. A true https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing
    Wow, the parallels are spooky. You could almost seamlessly substitute 'Trump's GOP'.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Trump blames rain and teleprompter for his July 4 speech gaffe

What a coward, as usual!

You don’t need a teleprompter to know that:

It was the Continental Army, not the “U.S. Army”. There was no U.S., yet.
    Cornwallis was beaten AT Yorktown. The is no “Cornwallis of Yorktown”.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed (or ‘rand’) the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do,” is pure gibberish, and there was no air war.
    The battle at Fort McHenry, NOT “Fort McHendry,” was the War of 1812, NOT the Revolutionary War.

Every middle school child and many in elementary school knows these things. Grow a pair. Anyhow, it's hilarious that this is the day after topic of conversation. Most incompetent POTUS ever.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Captain America:
    Chris Evans
    ‏Verified account @ChrisEvans

Happy 4th of July! A day that represents courage in the face of tyranny. Take a moment today to question how history will look back on this chapter. Time brings truth into focus. This period of fear, hate, lies and complicity will be studied by generations to come. 🇺🇸
    Captain Anti-America:

Authoritarianism
    Calls For Sen. Graham To Resign Grow After Suggesting Trump Seek A Third Term
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Whack9
    Squadron Leader

Unread post by Whack9 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:13 pm

billy.pilgrim
    Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 am

Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:29 pm
    Trump blames rain and teleprompter for his July 4 speech gaffe

What a coward, as usual!

You don’t need a teleprompter to know that:

It was the Continental Army, not the “U.S. Army”. There was no U.S., yet.
    Cornwallis was beaten AT Yorktown. The is no “Cornwallis of Yorktown”.
    “Our Army manned the air, it rammed (or ‘rand’) the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do,” is pure gibberish, and there was no air war.
    The battle at Fort McHenry, NOT “Fort McHendry,” was the War of 1812, NOT the Revolutionary War.

Every middle school child and many in elementary school knows these things. Grow a pair. Anyhow, it's hilarious that this is the day after topic of conversation. Most incompetent POTUS ever.

More than just blaming the teleprompter and the rain. He said,
    "I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter," he said. "I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter. And it was hard to look at it anyway."

And this,
    "In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief."

I'm having some trouble deciphering this jumble. Is he saying that CIC George Washington camped in Washington DC in 1775?
    George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:35 am

Vrede too wrote:
    Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:45 pm
    O Really wrote:
    Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm
    I always enjoyed the DC fireworks show - always well done, good music, and a great backdrop for the festivities. I shan't be watching those this year. I'm pretty sure NYC will put on a great show....
    I'll bet the alternative shows in suburban DC all have record crowds.
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:11 pm
    No way in hell I'd go to this thing.... Yeah, I think I'll take a pass on this event.
    As did lots of people.
    President Whose ‘Bone Spurs’ Kept Him Out Of War Finally Gets His Tank-Adorned Celebration
    But the “nonpolitical” National Mall event’s tepid turnout is likely to trigger fresh anger from the criticism-sensitive Trump.

... tepid attendance and a low-energy speech ...

Trump did not explain what made it “historic,” beyond his decision to inject himself into the capital city’s annual celebration that previous presidents have not taken part in. Thursday morning, he had bragged on Twitter: “People are coming from far and wide to join us today and tonight for what is turning out to be one of the biggest celebrations in the history of our Country.”

That claim, however, wound up being clearly untrue. The crowd in the portion of the National Mall close enough to see the massive television screens set up for the event numbered possibly as little as the high tens of thousands ― in large measure because of the White House’s failure to give away enough tickets to people who would be certain not to boo or protest his speech.

In contrast, the concert and fireworks show that has been a staple of Washington, D.C., July Fourth celebrations for decades routinely draws hundreds of thousands of people to the Mall.

Trump supporters arriving without a “VIP” ticket were turned away at the entrance gates. Some were told ― falsely ― that entrance tickets had been awarded by lottery.

In fact, the White House gave away tickets last week to political appointees in executive branch agencies and Republican donors through the Republican National Committee and Trump’s reelection campaign ― even though Trump’s “Salute to America” was described as a nonpolitical event.

This week, rank-and-file members of the military were offered tickets ― in an apparent attempt to fill up the acres of space cordoned off by the Secret Service to secure the area near the president.

The effect, though, was to keep non-politically-connected Trump supporters a minimum thousand feet away from where Trump stood ― on the far side of a fence that ran across the Mall, including through the Reflecting Pool....
    billy.pilgrim wrote:
    Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 am
    "I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter," he said. "I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without a teleprompter. And it was hard to look at it anyway."
    History is hard, and who knew that it was so complicated?
    And this,
    "In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief."

I'm having some trouble deciphering this jumble. Is he saying that CIC George Washington camped in Washington DC in 1775?
    The State of Washington used to be in the Boston - New York area. However, being the pinko pacifist that it remains to this day, it hopped a Continental Airlines flight to the Left Coast before Abigail's husband Thomas assaulted the Newark Airport.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Boatrocker
    Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Vrede too wrote:
    Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:35 am
    . . . The State of Washington used to be in the Boston - New York area. However, being the pinko pacifist that it remains to this day, it hopped a Continental Airlines flight to the Left Coast before Abigail's husband Thomas assaulted the Newark Airport.
    Started reading "Storming The Flightline: The story of the 2nd Pennsylvania Parachute Infantry Regiment at the Battle of Newark Airport in February, 1777" by Stephen Ambrose Bierce.
    Great read, so far! Next up is Shelby Foote's essay on the little-known Battle of Covfefe Hill in 1863, in which an entrenched Union Division was nearly overrun until they were saved by a flight of Yankee FA-18 ground attack aircraft out of Boston's Nathanial Greene Aerodrome.
    "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920, in The Baltimore Evening Sun

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Boatrocker wrote:
    Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:14 pm
    Started reading "Storming The Flightline: The story of the 2nd Pennsylvania Parachute Infantry Regiment at the Battle of Newark Airport in February, 1777" by Stephen Ambrose Bierce.
    Great read, so far! Next up is Shelby Foote's essay on the little-known Battle of Covfefe Hill in 1863, in which an entrenched Union Division was nearly overrun until they were saved by a flight of Yankee FA-18 ground attack aircraft out of Boston's Nathanial Greene Aerodrome.
    Coincidental that he screwed up the wars vs. the British the very same week as:

UK's top envoy in US says Trump executive 'inept': report

"inept" and "uniquely dysfunctional"
    Ambassador Kim Darroch reportedly said Trump's presidency could "crash and burn" and "end in disgrace"

"end in"? We passed disgraceful long ago.

"We don't really believe this administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept,"
    "insecure" and "incompetent"
    "vicious infighting and chaos" inside the White House -- widely reported in the US but dismissed by Trump as "fake news" -- was "mostly true".
    criticised Trump's fraught foreign policy on Iran, which has prompted fears in global capitals of a military conflict, as "incoherent" and "chaotic".

British Ambassador to the United States Sir Nigel Kim Darroch, KCMG, is a Conservative Party appointee reporting to the Conservative government.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
    Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:12 pm

There has been a lot of misunderstanding about Washington Crossing the Delaware. That was just a fake story created by the artist. If reported correctly, it would have been "Washington Crossing the Delaware Turnpike". However, there was apparently a big jam at the Memorial Bridge and he was diverted to Washington Crossing, PA.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:47 pm

The Battle of Brooklyn Heights was literally high, an aerial dogfight.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
    Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Vrede too wrote:
    Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:47 pm
    The Battle of Brooklyn Heights was literally high, an aerial dogfight.
    Also known as the "Battle of Long Island", much of the fighting was along the Long Island Expressway, resulting in many incidents of road rage. During the war, armies of both sides occupied many of the homes in the Hamptons. In fact, the entire story of the "Boston Tea Party" was fabricated by Red Sox fans. The real Tea Party occurred on Long Island in the winter of 1776, resulting in the popularity to this day of Long Island Iced Tea.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 pm

:lol:
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

billy.pilgrim
    Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:09 pm

http://www.topbuzz.com/article/i6711526 ... 9110&c=sys

Best Revolutionary War Airport Memes