President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:15 pm
I'll be damned, he didn't quadruple down on stupid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 9327193093
Wow. :---P

Of course, it could be that someone rational told him that it would indeed be illegal.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:15 pm
I'll be damned, he didn't quadruple down on stupid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 9327193093
Wow. :---P

Of course, it could be that someone rational told him that it would indeed be illegal.
I honestly didn't think that being unconstitutional would matter to him. Surprised he's going to let the country focus on impeachment though...or at least until he steps on his crank again.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:39 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 pm
I honestly didn't think that being unconstitutional would matter to him. Surprised he's going to let the country focus on impeachment though...or at least until he steps on his crank again.
Good point. Maybe other members told him that they didn't want any part of his BS, or he figured the negative PR might cost him more, or Repugs told him it would be a mess if he was no longer POTUS :D .
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Made myself watch his cabinet news presser.

News Flash: He's really fucking nuts.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:10 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

I just read a news story about it. Sounded like a few lies, a few "don't they realize how great I am" squawks, and some whining.

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:10 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

I just read a news story about it. Sounded like a few lies, a few "don't they realize how great I am" squawks, and some whining.
Don't forget the "phony emoluments" line.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:19 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Yeah, that was one of the highlights; I think my favorite was when he started quacking about Obama and his tv and book deals. The stupid fucker apparently just doesn't realize Obama's deals were made after he left office. What a juvenile minded fool trump is. Incredible.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:30 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:19 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Yeah, that was one of the highlights; I think my favorite was when he started quacking about Obama and his tv and book deals. The stupid fucker apparently just doesn't realize Obama's deals were made after he left office. What a juvenile minded fool trump is. Incredible.
Plus:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

After years of accusations, how can he not have read the Emoluments Clause? :angry-banghead:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:30 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Plus:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

After years of accusations, how can he not have read the Emoluments Clause? :angry-banghead:
Don't forgetThe Domestic Emoluments Clause, Article II, Section 1, Clause 7, also called the Presidential Emoluments Clause.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Clause 7: Salary

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

The president's salary, currently $400,000 a year, must remain constant throughout the president's term. The president may not receive other compensation from either the federal or any state government.
Since that only refers to compensation from US federal or state government, it also has no relation to Obama's deals even if they weren't post-presidency, and he's still a whiny, Civics-ignorant idiot.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:10 pm

He likes to brag about not being paid a salary; I don't think Kennedy or Hoover was ever paid....not sure..... checked and Kennedy did not take a salary. Hoover did but donated most of it to charity and divided the rest among his staff.

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:30 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Plus:

Wasn't there a big deal about the Clinton's accepting a Christmas present or something. It ended up being turned over to the gov- I think
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 pm

:wave:
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... in#p102801
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am
Pentagon officials deemed withholding of aid to Ukraine was illegal

This all seems like an awful elaborate and long term plan just to get Ukraine to do an investigation of Biden based on POSPOTUS lies, one that was never going to turn up anything.

Rather, I think the explanation is simpler. Holding up the Ukraine aid was a treasonous service to Putin. Involving Biden, a campaign law felony and also treason, came as an afterthought to our short attention span POSPOTUS.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:54 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Y'all have stronger stomachs than me, this 1:28 is right around my limit.
Fact-Checking The Incredible Shrinking Brain Of Donald Trump
And other interesting insights from the spiraling Donald Trump during his presser. CNN took the trouble to fact-check him in real time with a split screen; we took care of the rest.

Oh, the things we learn from the The Incredible Shrinking Brain of Donald Trump. He held a 20-plus-minutes long press conference during which he mostly free-associated, pushing as many lies as he could out of his sphincter-mouth.

CNN, god-love-'em, tried to keep up with a split-screen, and fact-checking. It requires more manpower than one newsroom can handle in real time, though, so they only managed to get a couple of the lies straightened out for its viewers. We try to help with the rest.

Here's a list of what Donald said over the span of two minutes, with our responses in parenthesis.

He put all his stuff into trusts! he says. He didn't have to do it! he says. (No, he didn't. And, yeah he did.)

Did you know George Washington had two desks? One for business-y stuff and one for president-y stuff? (No, he didn't. He had one desk, which he purchased himself because he wanted to keep it after he was done being president. Our BRILLIANT sleuthy Managing Editor, Karoli Kuns, found THAT gem out for us.)

Now, Washington WAS a businessman, in the sense that he owned a plantation, and participated in the running of said plantation. He was also a brutal slaveholder — something with which Trump probably has no problem, either. But he wasn't a "businessman" in that he was trying to build a real estate empire or get trademarks for sweatshop purses to be manufactured in China type of thing.

The Emoluments Clause is PHONY. (No, it ain't. Right there in Article II. CNN caught this one for everyone.)

Obama made his book and Netflix deals while in office! (No, he didn't. Both of those deals were made post-presidency. CNN fixed that one, too.)

Did you know Washington was actually considered rich? (Um, yes. Yes, we did.)

It's costing Trump between 2 - 5 billion dollars to be president. (Really? Can we see the tax returns to show us for sure?)

He has a great business. THE BEST BUSINESSES AND PROPERTIES. Doral was SETTING RECORDS, people! (It was setting records for hemmorhaging money. Net operating income dropped 69% from 2015 - 2017.)

He owned Doral for a period of time. (Okay, that one we cannot dispute. He did, indeed, own it for "a period of time.")

You think we're kidding? Read the transcript and watch the batsh*t video. It would be funny if it wasn't pathetic.

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:19 pm
Hopefully Grandma Winnie gets her wish!

You go, Grandma Winnie!
Wish she would have said son of a bitch.

Hope she goes viral.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Or worse.

Hope she goes viral.

943K views. :thumbup:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Or worse.

Hope she goes viral.

943K views. :thumbup:
4.04M views.
https://twitter.com/graham_monica/statu ... 7651086339

:-||
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?