President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I wonders if huckleberry's Sect of Defense pick will be out front.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Whack9
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Whack9 »

It's frightening they're even talking about that. I don't care if it's jokingly or not. They "joke" about things like this to rile up their opponents so they can point a finger and say "see, they're hysterical, they can't even take a joke" in order to belittle them and peg them as irrational. But in actuality they're serious and are softening up voters to the idea by putting these feelers ("jokes") out there.

RIP USA.

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:39 am
It's frightening they're even talking about that. I don't care if it's jokingly or not. They "joke" about things like this to rile up their opponents so they can point a finger and say "see, they're hysterical, they can't even take a joke" in order to belittle them and peg them as irrational. But in actuality they're serious and are softening up voters to the idea by putting these feelers ("jokes") out there.

RIP USA.
Trump started talking about 3rd term a few weeks ago. It has settled in now. First the real idiots will mention it more and more, then the seemingly not so idiots will join in and pretty soon you'll have dems saying harsh things like, I'm not sure he can sure a 3rd time, but then we did limit his accomplishments, so maybe this is fair as long as mitch McConnell promises to reciprocate if the situation is ever reversed.

And then Boof casts the winning vote on live fox tv
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

The irony is that they'll have to let Bill Clinton run again, too :D .

Bill - 45SHOLE 2024, which side of the nursing home are you on?
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

<sigh>

Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Dum; thet's sum uv the bestest wurds; everbuddy nose it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:32 pm
<sigh>
It's supposed to be funny, but it really isn't.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Whack9
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Whack9 »

It's been ready interesting talking to people about Trump.

So far, the common thread I'm noticing is people think Trump is the underdog challenging the status quo. He's fighting for "the people" against the elites, and he's being picked on by the Democrats who represent said elites.

I guess this narrative is working.

Whack9
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Whack9 »

Trump Lashes Out At Windmills Again, Says They ‘Will Kill Many Bald Eagles’

President Donald Trump on Saturday renewed his long standing feud against windmills during a speech to the conservative Turning Point USA conference on Saturday evening in West Palm Beach, Florida.

"I never understood wind," Trump said while criticizing the Green New Deal. "I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous—if you are into this—tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?"

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lashes-o ... nd-1478756

To be fair to the president, like magnets and the tides, wind is (tremendously) mysterious.

Where does it come from, where does it go?

What makes it move?

Why do we allow it free passage across the border?

Sometimes wind can knock down trees. Sometimes a bunch of wind will gang up and become a hurricane, or even a tornado.

It's all very mysterious.

You can't even see it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:02 am

Trump Lashes Out At Windmills Again, Says They ‘Will Kill Many Bald Eagles’ ...
Idk if "made in China and Germany mostly" is true, but to the extent it's so it's the result of a lack of subsidies from the fossil fuel beholden Repugs and some Dems. There's zero reason why they can't be manufactured here, thus creating far more American jobs than domestic fossil fuel production or imports.

As O Really recently explained, the bad rap on windmills and raptors is mostly due to the placement of 40 year old versions on NoCal's Altamont Pass, a raptor flyway. Plus, those idiots shrieking about it have never made the comparison to birds harmed by fossil fuels.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:14 am
Whack9 wrote:

Plus, those idiots shrieking about it have never made the comparison to birds harmed by fossil fuels.
Or cats. Or loss of habitat.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:53 am
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Plus, those idiots shrieking about it have never made the comparison to birds harmed by fossil fuels.
If cats could fly, as well as take advantage of wind currents, birds would be in a lot more trouble than they are. Everybody knows it. Lots of fumes and cat gases spewing into the atmosphere; it's a disgrace, a hoax, it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

O Really
Captain

Rita was hilarious. She also noted that men living alone are "like bears with furniture." I've found that comparison fun to use with, for example, contractors who I might refer to as "bears with tools." It would be fun to hear what she has to say about Impeached President* Trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:55 am
O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
... Plus, those idiots shrieking about it have never made the comparison to birds harmed by fossil fuels.
If cats could fly, as well as take advantage of wind currents, birds would be in a lot more trouble than they are. Everybody knows it. Lots of fumes and cat gases spewing into the atmosphere; it's a disgrace, a hoax, it shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Vanishing: More Than 1 in 4 Birds Has Disappeared in the Last 50 Years

:cry:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

1 CAT FAN
Midshipman

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:29 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:55 am
O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
... Plus, those idiots shrieking about it have never made the comparison to birds harmed by fossil fuels.
Vanishing: More Than 1 in 4 Birds Has Disappeared in the Last 50 Years

:cry:
It's possible that leftist don't condone the killing of Eagles, it's just that they revere the donkey more.

Oh! And Big Cats.
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:23 pm
Rita was hilarious. She also noted that men living alone are "like bears with furniture." I've found that comparison fun to use with, for example, contractors who I might refer to as "bears with tools." It would be fun to hear what she has to say about Impeached President* Trump.
Impeached President* Trump and his ovine Trumpettes are a waste of skin.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Today I realized that a truck that never leaves the municipal trash dump but has as its only purpose a mandate to move the trash around and compress it in an effort to alleviate the monumental stench associated with such an environment would accurately be called a TRUMP. The operator of such a truck would consider himself slickety but would never be able to alleviate the stench adhering to his clothing even though he himself would never notice it since he drives a TRUMP five days a week. Because of his inability to notice his stench, other citizens, being aware of his odorifious state would snicker and openly laugh about him and refer to him as a TRUMPER. Thinking about this and imagining the sickening and horrific stench that permeates the driver of a TRUMP nearly made me throw up, especially when I consider how a TRUMP driver often must run over and compress dead cats that are consigned to the dump. He sees them and winces but runs them over and compresses them anyway. Other cats that are still alive know about this but inexplicably yearn to be victims of the TRUMP and the TRUMPER but they don't know why. Let this be a lesson in an olfactory as well as a feline sort of way. Don't be fooled.

O Really
Captain

Trump said in his Christmas message:

"It's the season for giving and for giving back, from supporting folks in need in our communities to reaching out to neighbours who might be alone for the holidays."

Oh, wait, no, that was Trudeau.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pm-chr ... -1.5407493

Trump was spewing trash talk at P-Lo and the Dems:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6334747/trum ... al-pelosi/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
Trump Lashes Out At Windmills Again, Says They ‘Will Kill Many Bald Eagles’

Fact-check: 5 things Trump got wrong about wind turbines

... According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, collisions with turbines kills between 140,000 and 500,000 birds annually. Other energy sources, such as coal, oil and power lines, contribute to millions of bird deaths. However, cats remain the biggest threat to birds, killing an estimated 1.3 to 4 billion birds each year.

... It's misleading to claim that after a certain amount of eagles die, the government makes wind farms "turn the windmill off." However, there is a limit of incidental eagle deaths the wind farms are expected to remain within.

... Wind power has the smallest carbon footprint compared to other energy sources, according to the Department of Energy. A 2014 study additionally found that after operating for five to eight months, the average wind turbine will have offset the energy expended during its manufacturing.

The same study noted that "wind turbines produce energy with virtually no emissions." According to the Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory, coal-powered electricity releases about 20 times more greenhouse gas per kilowatt-hour than wind.

"You know what they don't tell you about windmills?" Trump told the crowd, "After 10 years, they look like hell. You know, they start to get tired, old. You got to replace them. A lot of times, people don't replace them. They need massive subsidy from the government in order to make it."

Facts First: The government does not provide subsidies for wind turbine repair or replacement. Though wind farms receive a tax credit if they produce a certain amount of energy within their first decade, this subsidy will be phased out by 2020. Furthermore, the average lifespan of a wind turbine is 20-25 years, not 10.

... This is not the first time Trump has claimed proximity to a wind turbine impacts property values. However, several major academic studies found no statistically significant decrease in the average property value due to wind turbines in the US. ...
Trump huffs and puffs about windmills, but wind power keeps growing

Despite longstanding opposition to renewable energy on the part of President Trump, who gave a rambling, nearly incoherent disquisition on windmills last weekend, the wind power industry in the United States continued to grow in 2019.

The country set records for newly installed capacity of wind power in both the second and third quarters of 2019, according to a report by the American Wind Energy Association, reaching a total of 100 gigawatts —roughly on a par with nuclear plants, although in terms of actual power generated (as distinguished from theoretical capacity), wind is still a fraction of nuclear and fossil fuels.

“Wind now supplies clean and efficient power to the equivalent of 32 million American homes, sustains 500 U.S. factories, and delivers more than $1 billion a year in new revenue to rural communities and states,” Tom Kernan, CEO of AWEA, said in a statement.

At a time when global carbon emissions that cause climate change continue to rise, wind power now accounts for 6.5 percent of the energy America produces. Once the wind turbines are constructed, the energy they produce is carbon neutral and renewable indefinitely....

Imagine where we could be if not for such moronic hostility, fossil fuel obstruction and timidity from libs.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?