President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:59 pm
This is telling...and scary. Is there anything he won't do for a win?
Is it also our superior testing causing the US to have the 9th worst death rate in the world?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Total deaths now at 122K. :(
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't think there's anything he wouldn't do - but fortunately, a lot of what he does doesn't fly. I don't know if he really told "his people" to back off testing, but it doesn't matter as much as he'd like to think since most of that is state level. I suppose he could hijack testing materials, and I suppose he would get some ass-suckers like DeSantis to go along since DeSantis already tried to artificially suppress the numbers. A lot of his "power" though is in getting people to believe he has it, whether or not he actually does. Still waiting for him to invade Seattle.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:33 pm
I don't think there's anything he wouldn't do - but fortunately, a lot of what he does doesn't fly. I don't know if he really told "his people" to back off testing, but it doesn't matter as much as he'd like to think since most of that is state level. I suppose he could hijack testing materials, and I suppose he would get some ass-suckers like DeSantis to go along since DeSantis already tried to artificially suppress the numbers. A lot of his "power" though is in getting people to believe he has it, whether or not he actually does. Still waiting for him to invade Seattle.
DeSantis admitted over the weekend that the FL spike is not due to increased testing. Not sure if that's praiseworthy or merely him surrendering to reality.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

If I'm not mistaken, the percentage of positive tests is appreciably higher in the increased testing as well as hospitalization rates.

Not the type of great news needed to reopen the country.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:08 pm
If I'm not mistaken, the percentage of positive tests is appreciably higher in the increased testing as well as hospitalization rates.

Not the type of great news needed to reopen the country.
TV news: 17 states including FL are seeing increased hospitalizations. I'm not singling FL out. The report was mostly about FL and it was the only state named. NC may be one of the 17 afaik.

Found, paraphrased:
They're not campaign rallies, they're Bunker Boy's Farewell Tour.
:clap:
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Geez, what could've triggered this from out of the blue?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:01 pm

He's not even clear whether he's the harassed or the harasser.
-- Voltaire

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:11 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

He's not even clear whether he's the harassed or the harasser.
Yeah, I've been putting up with unrelenting presidential harassment for more than three years and have not tweeted once about it. What a snowflake trump is. With any luck, he will choke on a foot long hot dog, die, and thus bring an end to all this harassment.

GoCubsGo
Commander

It's been said before, but eww.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Still no elaboration. :confusion-scratchheadblue: Paranoia spasm?
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:15 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Still no elaboration. :confusion-scratchheadblue: Paranoia spasm?
Just a little healthy venting.

GoCubsGo
Commander

Wasn't China going to buy all the agricultural products and help tRump get re elected? What's up with that?

GoCubsGo
Commander

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:44 pm
Wasn't China going to buy all the agricultural products and help tRump get re elected? What's up with that?

The clown car keeps rolling. What a shitshow.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Peter has preserved his perfect record; he's never been right about anything. Ever.

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Buh-Bye, President Plump...

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

bannination wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:03 pm
'I don't kid': Trump contradicts aides and insists he meant it when he asked for coronavirus testing to be slowed down

I mean.... duh.... poor right wingers can't even use this poor defense now.
Yeah, looks like they'll have to go back to blaming Obama for the "broken tests" for a virus that did not exist until after Obama left office. It still amazes me that the cult can swallow that one, but they do. Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:03 pm
'I don't kid': Trump contradicts aides and insists he meant it when he asked for coronavirus testing to be slowed down

I mean.... duh.... poor right wingers can't even use this poor defense now.
Like here, it's usually his own staff that claims "joking" or "sarcasm", but now we know that he doesn't kid.

Future Trump Rally Sites Brace as His COVID Roadshow Comes to Town

These days, President Donald Trump’s insatiable cravings for a crowd means asking his fans and supporters to risk their health by packing together indoors despite deep concerns from health experts.

As Trump rallied largely unmasked supporters in Tulsa, Oklahoma, over the weekend, Arizonans more than a thousand miles away watched warily, knowing that days later it would be their turn to balance keeping the public safe with Trump’s eagerness to return to his cherished rally format.

"I think the bigger problem, more than just the spreading at this particular event, is the message that it sends to the community because you have the president and then the governor endorsing large-scale events like this with ambiguous mitigation measures in place," said Will Humble, the executive director of the Arizona Public Health Association.

The president’s visit comes as hospital-specific COVID-19 figures hit new highs, according to The Arizona Republic. Intensive care unit beds in use had jumped to 583 in the latest figures released Monday. And in Maricopa County, home to Phoenix, the local health department is warning that “there is increased spread in the community,” as figures for those diagnosed with COVID-19 rise.

It’s against that backdrop that Trump steams into town to address a Students for Trump rally in Phoenix at the Dream City Church.

Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego said in a statement Monday that the stop “was not sanctioned or permitted by the city,” but acknowledged she had no way to stop it.

“While I do not believe an event of this magnitude can be held safely, particularly as Arizona sees rising COVID cases, the President has decided to continue with this rally,” Gallego said....

At the very least an event in Alabama at some point in the coming weeks to troll his former Attorney General Jeff Sessions appears likely, as well as Trump’s RNC convention speech in Jacksonville in August....

Trump may also face resistance if he tries to hold major rallies soon in swing states that would be crucial to his re-election chances. Michigan ... Ohio ... Wisconsin and Pennsylvania ...
NC?
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

#Winning!

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote: