President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 pm
Full fucking campaign mode "Press conference" from the Rose Garden.

This will go over well.
That was embarrassing. I was eating popcorn the whole time.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 pm
Full fucking campaign mode "Press conference" from the Rose Garden.

This will go over well.
That was embarrassing. I was eating popcorn the whole time.
You could eat during that shitshow? I had to turn it off.

Isn't there a law against campaigning on federal property?

Talking heads will be sharpening their knives tonight.

Edit: yep.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

bannination wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 pm
Full fucking campaign mode "Press conference" from the Rose Garden.

This will go over well.
That was embarrassing. I was eating popcorn the whole time.
Rose Garden campaign event fact check:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3905&p=124460#p124460
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:28 pm
bannination wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:56 pm
Full fucking campaign mode "Press conference" from the Rose Garden.

This will go over well.
That was embarrassing. I was eating popcorn the whole time.
Rose Garden campaign event fact check:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3905&p=124460#p124460
It doesn't even make sense to me...
Catherine Herridge, CBS News reporter: “Why are African Americans still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country?”

Trump: “So are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people. More white people, by the way. More white people.” — in an interview on CBS

The response to black people dying because of law enforcement is to point out even more people are dying at the hands of law enforcement?

Really?

He gets setup to say something so profound and squanders every opportunity.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Mary tRump 's book if interested.

https://b-ok.cc/book/5622085/0f7a38
So I actually went ahead and read it.

Nutso family, a Freudian cesspool. Explains quite a bit but offers no hope.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:54 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Mary tRump 's book if interested.

https://b-ok.cc/book/5622085/0f7a38
So I actually went ahead and read it.

Nutso family, a Freudian cesspool. Explains quite a bit but offers no hope.
I think someone here suggested this:

Could Trump Be Charged With Manslaughter Over COVID-19?
If Person A commits an act of negligence, and Person B dies, that’s likely a crime. And what about if there are 136,000 Person Bs?


:wave:

Not likely, but in a just world . . .
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:27 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:23 am
Opps! I did not know this. I thought I'd read a story recently that the issue of allowing FL felons who have served their sentences to vote was an issue currently being debated. Didn't know it had been settled. In any case, I expect Roger to resume breaking laws very soon.
Floridians restored felon voting rights. The Leg then passed a law that the felons also had to have paid all fines and fees. I think the courts have ruled, but I can't remember which way. PINO's order would remove any Stone fines, I'm not sure if there were also fees.
I guess it's still up in the air.
Supreme Court temporarily blocks (some) felons from voting in Florida

The Supreme Court refused Thursday to let Florida felons who have completed their sentences vote in an upcoming primary without first paying fees, fines and restitution, as the state requires.

Voting rights groups had challenged the requirement as unconstitutional, given that state voters approved a constitutional amendment in 2018 giving hundreds of thousands of felons the right to vote. Now it will remain in effect while the case is heard next month by a federal appeals court.

The unsigned order was opposed by liberal Associate Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan. Sotomayor said it "prevents thousands of otherwise eligible voters from participating in Florida’s primary election simply because they are poor."

"Under this scheme, nearly a million otherwise-eligible citizens cannot vote unless they pay money," Sotomayor said, calling it a "voter paywall."

The dispute over the voting rights of Florida's felons could be crucial in this fall's elections because of its perennial status as a swing state. There are about 775,000 felons in the state who have completed their prison sentences, including some 85,000 who have registered to vote so far.

Most states restore felons' right to vote after their sentences, along with time on parole or probation, are complete. Many states impose additional requirements. Florida is among 11 states with the most restrictive rules, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Florida voters approved a constitutional amendment in 2018 allowing felons to vote after their sentences are complete. The initiative won 64% approval.

Thereafter, the state legislature passed and Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a law requiring that felons first pay all fees, fines and restitution owed as part of the process.

That restriction was challenged by voting rights groups, and in May, U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle struck it down as a "pay-to-vote system." But earlier this month, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit blocked Hinkle's ruling and scheduled a hearing for Aug. 18 – the date of the state primary. The registration deadline to vote is next Monday.

Voting rights groups told the Supreme Court that Florida's system amounts to a "poll tax" that violates the 24th Amendment to the Constitution.

"This is a deeply disappointing decision,” said Paul Smith, vice president of the Campaign Legal Center, which led the opposition to Florida's rule. "Florida’s voters spoke loud and clear when nearly two-thirds of them supported rights restoration at the ballot box in 2018."

In legal papers, the voting rights groups said most felons "cannot afford to pay what they owe." Even those who can, they said, usually can't figure out what they owe years after their convictions....
Whatever one thinks of the Leg rule, this is obviously about Repugs suppressing votes, again.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6089
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo »

It won't stop Roger Stone from voting. I bet he votes twice.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

PINO party's getting a little smaller.

He's not having a very good 2020.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:34 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:54 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Mary tRump 's book if interested.

https://b-ok.cc/book/5622085/0f7a38
So I actually went ahead and read it.

Nutso family, a Freudian cesspool. Explains quite a bit but offers no hope.
I think someone here suggested this:

Could Trump Be Charged With Manslaughter Over COVID-19?
If Person A commits an act of negligence, and Person B dies, that’s likely a crime. And what about if there are 136,000 Person Bs?


:wave:

Not likely, but in a just world . . .
Trump himself said it would have been easy to contain..... (by China)... I'd call that negligence.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm
PINO party's getting a little smaller.

He's not having a very good 2020.
I'm not sure is anyone will do this, but it would be interesting to see a line-by-line comparison of NC's demands to what the RNC ends up looking like. Then, analyze how much the move cost the Repugs.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

People Scratching Their Heads After Trump Goes on Bizarre Tirade About Dishwashers and His Perfect Hair (article)

Yep :confusion-scratchheadblue: .

Fox News’ Neil Cavuto Cuts Away From Trump’s Disastrous Speech to Defend Obama’s Economy

:---P

Aside: 201 pages!!! In 3.5 years! I don't remember if we had a specific Obama thread, but if so I know that we didn't reach 201 pages with it in the 7.5 years after banni launched BRD. Ah, for another boring presidency,
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13047
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm
PINO party's getting a little smaller.

He's not having a very good 2020.
I'm not sure is anyone will do this, but it would be interesting to see a line-by-line comparison of NC's demands to what the RNC ends up looking like. Then, analyze how much the move cost the Repugs.
I'm not interested in doing any serious analysis, but likely NC would have simply required masks, distancing, some limitations on maximum arena capacity, and maybe pre-entry temp checks. Looks like that's what they're getting in Jacksonville, and I think, but don't know, the Jacksonville arena is a little smaller to begin with. And we know they spent $30 mill in Charlotte they're not getting back. And donor sponsorships are much harder to get for the new venue after people had already donated for Charlotte. Basically, a total clusterfuck.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:54 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm
PINO party's getting a little smaller.

He's not having a very good 2020.
I'm not sure is anyone will do this, but it would be interesting to see a line-by-line comparison of NC's demands to what the RNC ends up looking like. Then, analyze how much the move cost the Repugs.
I'm not interested in doing any serious analysis, but likely NC would have simply required masks, distancing, some limitations on maximum arena capacity, and maybe pre-entry temp checks. Looks like that's what they're getting in Jacksonville, and I think, but don't know, the Jacksonville arena is a little smaller to begin with. And we know they spent $30 mill in Charlotte they're not getting back. And donor sponsorships are much harder to get for the new venue after people had already donated for Charlotte. Basically, a total clusterfuck.
The clusterfuck continues.
Looking like there's not going to much of a convention in Jacksonville either.

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-fear ... 02939.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:36 am
The clusterfuck continues.
Looking like there's not going to much of a convention in Jacksonville either.

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-fear ... 02939.html
Meanwhile, the Dems will smoothly do what they've been planning for two months now. If he wins, Biden will owe Gov Cooper, the state health director and the Charlotte mayor bigly.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

bannination wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:54 pm
Trump himself said it would have been easy to contain..... (by China)... I'd call that negligence.
Also probably a stretch, but someone in a different forum suggested wrongful death lawsuits for 45SHOLE and some Govs.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13047
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:59 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm
PINO party's getting a little smaller.

He's not having a very good 2020.
I'm not sure is anyone will do this, but it would be interesting to see a line-by-line comparison of NC's demands to what the RNC ends up looking like. Then, analyze how much the move cost the Repugs.
Here's something fun. Apparently they're continuing to shuffle venues, and now will have at least some of the pretend convention in the Jacksonville baseball stadium. Context: it's really a very nice stadium, old style, brick, good place to watch a game. But ... it is a minor league stadium, and ...
for some reason a few years ago they changed the team name from "Jacksonville Suns" to ... wait for it... the "Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp." Why, I have no idea, but Jumbo Shrimps it is.

So now trumpers, or maybe Trump will be appearing on TV "live from Jacksonville's minor league baseball stadium, home of the Jumbo Shrimps!"

Image

Red hats available online and at the stadium.
Image

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26141
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:12 pm
Here's something fun. Apparently they're continuing to shuffle venues, and now will have at least some of the pretend convention in the Jacksonville baseball stadium. Context: it's really a very nice stadium, old style, brick, good place to watch a game. But ... it is a minor league stadium, and ...
for some reason a few years ago they changed the team name from "Jacksonville Suns" to ... wait for it... the "Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp." Why, I have no idea, but Jumbo Shrimps it is.

So now trumpers, or maybe Trump will be appearing on TV "live from Jacksonville's minor league baseball stadium, home of the Jumbo Shrimps!"

Red hats available online and at the stadium.
:lol: Will "Tiny Hands" speak at "Jumbo Shrimp" Park?

People have been pointing out how fucking hot it is outdoors in FL in late August.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:24 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:12 pm
Here's something fun. Apparently they're continuing to shuffle venues, and now will have at least some of the pretend convention in the Jacksonville baseball stadium. Context: it's really a very nice stadium, old style, brick, good place to watch a game. But ... it is a minor league stadium, and ...
for some reason a few years ago they changed the team name from "Jacksonville Suns" to ... wait for it... the "Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp." Why, I have no idea, but Jumbo Shrimps it is.

So now trumpers, or maybe Trump will be appearing on TV "live from Jacksonville's minor league baseball stadium, home of the Jumbo Shrimps!"

Red hats available online and at the stadium.
:lol: Will "Tiny Hands" speak at "Jumbo Shrimp" Park?

People have been pointing out how fucking hot it is outdoors in FL in late August.
And don't forget it rains every day that time of year, add humidity to the discomfort.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13047
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:24 pm

People have been pointing out how fucking hot it is outdoors in FL in late August.
And September isn't any different except for the addition of hurricane risk. 90/90 days are not unusual - 90 degrees, 90 percent humidity. And then an afternoon storm. After which the sun comes back and steam rises off the streets and turns the humidity close to 100.

Now you know why you don't see anything but Florida licence plates in WNC in August.

Post Reply