Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26258
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:53 pm
CA-50 has been Repug since the 2002 election, even after Duke Cunningham was imprisoned for 8 years, and reelecting Duncan Hunter after he was indicted by a federal grand jury for misusing campaign funds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Californi ... ns_results

Corruption, ie trumpiness, is a virtue there. Maybe you should continue voting in Florida.
O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:15 pm
Wouldn't matter, 50 isn't my district anyway. We just have to put up with the incessant TV ads each accusing the other of "betraying Trump" or some such idiocy. Fortunately, there's a mute button and ad-snipping DVR.
:doh: Mike Levin.

This is a prime reason why we may never see meaningful campaign finance reform - most of those truckloads of filthy cash go to TV, including the "liberal" networks.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:01 pm
Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican, asked House Intelligence Committee ranking member Rep. Devin Nunes for some time for questioning, and pressed the briefer about what led to that statement and how many intelligence reports it was based on.The briefer responded that they did not have the underlying data, just the assessment, the source said.https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/21/politics ... index.html

We are now in a full-blown national security crisis. By trying to prevent the flow of intelligence to Congress, Trump is abetting a Russian covert operation to keep him in office for Moscow’s interests, not America’s. John Brennan tweeted then forwarded by the NYTimes.

From Neo's link - Former CIA director John Brennan has also sounded the alarm about the Trump administration’s alleged interference in the operations of US national security. Mr Brennan referred to the dismissal of Mr Maguire as “a virtual decapitation of the intelligence community”.https://www.yahoo.com/news/very-afraid- ... 21630.html
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 am
A man no longer in the CIA that voted for a communist party candidate tweets something to a leftist media outlet and leftists run with it in a briefing. Just an example to why leftists failed to overthrow the Presidency, and who ever leftists choose from their pathetic cast of candidates will fail them, again.
The Intelligence Committee briefing was held and information presented to that committee by trump administration officials, not Brennan. Brennan was not at the briefing and had nothing to do with its origin or content.
He didn't have to be there for leftists to use his words. Not that his comments would help leftists, he's not a CIA official and the intel briefer said that they did not have any underlying data, just some assessment. Nothing the left has done since the election to overthrow the Presidency has worked. They know they have no chance in November.
The members of the committee, with the possible exception of Will Hurd, who used to work for CIA, do not, and never have had, access to the raw intelligence data that is used in the process of developing an assessment of that intelligence. With the exception of Hurd, committee members are generally not qualified to make determinations on raw intelligence data because it comes from various sources and methods at various times. And on top of that, intelligence data and its collation and interpretation never has, nor should be, "leftist" or "rightist;" it's just data and has no bias. The professionals in the intelligence community, whether they are analysts, agents in the field, or supervisory persons, are experts in what they do and should not be second guessed by "rightists" or anyone else. They present their findings and recommendations to the appropriate Congressional committees and their job is done. And none of that is affected, altered, distorted, or otherwise fucked with because of a former head of CIA voting for a Communist Party candidate in a decades old election when he was 20 years old. And it should not be affected by the whining of a raccoon eyed juvenile moron and pathological liar either. Nothing in the preceding is difficult to understand but I have the feeling you will not understand it. Prove me wrong.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

For about a year and a half when I was in the Navy I had a "Secret" security clearance. This status was conferred on me after what I assume was some sort of investigation with regard to my personal history, criminal record, previous associations, or any number of other things. At no time during that process was anyone including me asked if I was a "leftist" or "rightist" or anything else. This happened nearly fifty years ago. And I don't believe that current policy regarding the issuance of security clearances is based on whether the person in question is a "leftist" or "rightist" either. The only exception to this that I can think of is the issuance of top level clearances to Jared Kushner and other members of the trump klan and even then the question of "leftist" or "rightist" was not put forth. These clowns were given access to information solely on the basis of daddy trump telling them to be given such access. Now that is fucked up. How do we know Jared is not a mole working for Mossad? How do we know he's not in debt up to his eyeballs and in hock to Russian banks controlled by Russian oligarchs? He may be a harmless pencil neck numbnuts who's had everything handed to him on a silver platter all his life and never told a lie. But we don't KNOW that.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:25 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:01 pm
Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican, asked House Intelligence Committee ranking member Rep. Devin Nunes for some time for questioning, and pressed the briefer about what led to that statement and how many intelligence reports it was based on.The briefer responded that they did not have the underlying data, just the assessment, the source said.https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/21/politics ... index.html

We are now in a full-blown national security crisis. By trying to prevent the flow of intelligence to Congress, Trump is abetting a Russian covert operation to keep him in office for Moscow’s interests, not America’s. John Brennan tweeted then forwarded by the NYTimes.

From Neo's link - Former CIA director John Brennan has also sounded the alarm about the Trump administration’s alleged interference in the operations of US national security. Mr Brennan referred to the dismissal of Mr Maguire as “a virtual decapitation of the intelligence community”.https://www.yahoo.com/news/very-afraid- ... 21630.html
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:08 am
A man no longer in the CIA that voted for a communist party candidate tweets something to a leftist media outlet and leftists run with it in a briefing. Just an example to why leftists failed to overthrow the Presidency, and who ever leftists choose from their pathetic cast of candidates will fail them, again.
The Intelligence Committee briefing was held and information presented to that committee by trump administration officials, not Brennan. Brennan was not at the briefing and had nothing to do with its origin or content.
He didn't have to be there for leftists to use his words. Not that his comments would help leftists, he's not a CIA official and the intel briefer said that they did not have any underlying data, just some assessment. Nothing the left has done since the election to overthrow the Presidency has worked. They know they have no chance in November.
They present their findings and recommendations to the appropriate Congressional committees and their job is done.
What findings, the committee briefer said there wasn't any underlying data, just some assessment. In other words, just some hear say.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Goddamn you're stupid. The briefer did NOT say that; only that the briefer did not have with her the raw intelligence data. What the fuck is wrong with you?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26258
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:26 am
It's a scream watching 1 FAT CAN cower and squirm from everything posted because he can't come up with a single retort other than reversion to his cretinous straw man that was already a total failure many posts ago. Poor brainless, sackless thing, awwww.
Poor spineless 1 FAT CAN is STILL cowering from the fact of the assault on our national security and elections by Putin's Agent Orange, the Repugs and other America haters like 1 FAT CAN by desperately deflecting to character assassination of ONE expert critic for page after page when scores are all saying the same thing, and the treason is made OBVIOUS by the repression, firings and unqualified replacements.

It must be difficult to be both so cowardly and so very stupid as to imagine success through incessant, infantile repetition.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:26 am
It's a scream watching 1 FAT CAN cower and squirm from everything posted because he can't come up with a single retort other than reversion to his cretinous straw man that was already a total failure many posts ago. Poor brainless, sackless thing, awwww.
Poor spineless 1 FAT CAN is STILL cowering from the fact of the assault on our national security and elections by Putin's Agent Orange, the Repugs and other America haters like 1 FAT CAN by desperately deflecting to character assassination of ONE expert critic for page after page when scores are all saying the same thing, and the treason is made OBVIOUS by the repression, firings and unqualified replacements.

It must be difficult to be both so cowardly and so very stupid as to imagine success through incessant, infantile repetition.
Yeah, reminds me of an old Alan Parsons Project song............."If I had a mind to, I wouldn't want to be like you."

User avatar
O Really
Vice admiral
Posts: 13079
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by O Really »

What happened to the Republicans of yore who saw Russians hiding behind every bush and a commie listening behind every door?

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 pm
The briefer did NOT say that; only that the briefer did not have with her the raw intelligence data.
The intel briefer didn't have the goods with her. How about that.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26258
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm
What happened to the Republicans of yore who saw Russians hiding behind every bush and a commie listening behind every door?
Their Fuhrer made a pact with Stalin to divide up Poland . . . Opps, wrong decade :oops: .
Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
It must be difficult to be both so cowardly and so very stupid as to imagine success through incessant, infantile repetition.
Leftists attempting to overthrow the Presidency since the election.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26258
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by Vrede too »

Image
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:25 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 pm
The briefer did NOT say that; only that the briefer did not have with her the raw intelligence data.
The intel briefer didn't have the goods with her. How about that.
You didn't read or understand what I tried to explain to you earlier. Intelligence briefs never have the raw intelligence included in the summary. Why can't you understand this? It's not difficult. Think of it this way; after an accident on the highway the cop writes a report about what caused the accident. One of the drivers was driving drunk and the cop smells alcohol on that drivers breath and sees a hundred empty beer cans scattered all over the inside of the car. The other driver was not drunk and had no beer cans anywhere in his car. The cop, in his report, does not go into detail about all the beer cans or lack of beer cans. He just states that the one driver was drunk; doesn't matter how or why he was drunk. The other driver was not drunk; doesn't matter how or why he was not drunk. Why can't you understand how conclusions can be made and properly conveyed to those in authority without having to go into detail about how those conclusions were arrived at?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:30 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
It must be difficult to be both so cowardly and so very stupid as to imagine success through incessant, infantile repetition.
Leftists attempting to overthrow the Presidency since the election.
Wrong again; patriots call out trump for his disregard of ethics and law. If trump did not do the things he does, and often admits to, "leftists" would have no problem with him. And as long as he continues to do that kind of stuff, he will be called out on it. Simple. And in case you've not noticed, it isn't only "leftists" that are calling out the raccoon eyed juvenile moron and pathological liar; it's more than a few Republicans that do so. You may as well go back to your fart and fudge and shit spiel because you're losing ground fast on trying to do anything else.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm
What happened to the Republicans of yore who saw Russians hiding behind every bush and a commie listening behind every door?
Hell, all those people are now fudge puppies and shit crows and fart blossoms who need to see "evidence" of the anvil that fell on their head.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:30 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
It must be difficult to be both so cowardly and so very stupid as to imagine success through incessant, infantile repetition.
Leftists attempting to overthrow the Presidency since the election.
Failed attempt after failed attempt, it has to be exhausting.
2016 Leftists then - The notion that Republicans would not accept the results of the election is, frankly, undemocratic. Leftists immediately after the election - Not my President!

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26258
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:20 pm
Wrong again; patriots call out trump for his disregard of ethics and law. If trump did not do the things he does, and often admits to, "leftists" would have no problem with him. And as long as he continues to do that kind of stuff, he will be called out on it. Simple. And in case you've not noticed, it isn't only "leftists" that are calling out the raccoon eyed juvenile moron and pathological liar; it's more than a few Republicans that do so. You may as well go back to your fart and fudge and shit spiel because you're losing ground fast on trying to do anything else.
I almost pity 1 FAT CAN's nonsensical groveling, almost.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 6121
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:12 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:30 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
It must be difficult to be both so cowardly and so very stupid as to imagine success through incessant, infantile repetition.
Leftists attempting to overthrow the Presidency since the election.
Failed attempt after failed attempt, it has to be exhausting.
2016 Leftists then - The notion that Republicans would not accept the results of the election is, frankly, undemocratic. Leftists immediately after the election - Not my President!
No, not exhausting at all. But what probably IS exhausting is trying to keep track of more than 16,000 lies trump has told since taking office. Oh, wait, he doesn't even have to do that because cultists like you will believe virtually anything he says no matter how ridiculous. Just the other day trump lied once again about how China is pouring money into the US because of the trade tariffs trump has put in place. He told this lie in conjunction with an intent to give farmers yet more welfare because they can't sell their crop because of trump tariffs. Just because trump repeats a lie over and over and over does not make it true. But as I noted, he doesn't even have to repeat his lies; cultists will believe them without question and then see them spread on right wing nutjob media, only reinforcing their belief, and then they repeat them as if they are true. It really is amazing how gullible and stupid so many people are. But when you really think about it, the fact that trump is such a juvenile and sophomoric low intelligence petty name calling elementary school type bully, his remarks have a particular resonance with the gullible and stupid who share those same traits.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 26258
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by Vrede too »

That is a stupid, wussy and desperately projecting argument on so many levels.

The Electoral College is undemocratic, a holdover from a compromise granting slaver states an unfair advantage.
Dark money is undemocratic, giving fat cats more say than normal citizens.
Massive voter suppression is undemocratic, measures intentionally discouraging nonwhite and poor citizen votes under the lie of preventing nonexistent "voter fraud".
Encouraging foreign interference in an election, as Putin's Agent Orange did in 2016, is undemocratic.
Voting for the beneficiary of foreign interference in an election, as 1 CAT FAN knowingly did in 2016, is undemocratic.
Dishonestly denying for 3.5 years that Russia interfered in our election, as Putin's Agent Orange is still doing, is undemocratic.
Every patriot does and should question the legitimacy of this presidency*. Only America-hating cultists like 1 CAT FAN don't.
Unlike what 1 CAT FAN is currently doing, leftists don't rollover in submission when abused by authority.
Encouraging and/or coercing foreign interference in an election, as Putin's Agent Orange has done with Ukraine and China, is undemocratic.
Blocking election security measures, as Moscow Mitch and the Repugs are doing, is undemocratic.
Sabotaging our intelligence apparatus when it informs Congress about foreign interference in our elections is undemocratic.
Cheerleading for that sabotaging of our intelligence apparatus, as 1 CAT FAN has been doing for post after post in this tangent, is undemocratic.
Supporting in any way the people that are subverting our elections by all of these means, as 1 CAT FAN gleefully does, is undemocratic.
No leftists have or will threaten or try to carry out "civil war" if their candidate loses. Otoh, Trumpettes are doing so openly, and we already know that here in the US, each decade since at least the 1970s, most domestic terror attacks have been perpetrated by White, male, often Christian, cons.

It's a serious subject, but the notion that 1 CAT FAN would post such blatantly dishonest hypocrisy while being stupid enough to think that s/he would get away with it is laughable. Poor thing.

Cue 1 CAT FAN's whining, cowering and deflecting from all of this. It's all that the pussy ever has.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Ensign
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Not whining at all, you two leftists are. Good luck choosing your next pathetic candidate.

Post Reply