Dumb headlines thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Dumb headlines thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:09 pm
The trump tweetometer now says "Happy National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day!" and is liked by 68,843 cult members and gullible fools. I guess they don't realize the tweet is from a raccoon eyed moron and pathological liar that breaks the law on a daily basis. But they appreciate it.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Headlines thread

Then again, some headlines approach greatness:

Chris Collins, First U.S. Lawmaker To Endorse Trump, Gets 26-Month Prison Sentence

“securities fraud”, okay, but Collins should have also been given a prison sentence for being the first US Rep. to endorse POSPOTUS.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really »

Ordinarily I'd prefer courts to mete out harsh financial consequences for financial crimes, but in this case I totally agree to the prison term, and would have gone for the 5 year without parole. This is one total scum bag.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:47 am
Ordinarily I'd prefer courts to mete out harsh financial consequences for financial crimes, but in this case I totally agree to the prison term, and would have gone for the 5 year without parole. This is one total scum bag.
Found this:
'I cannot face my constituents': Anguished Chris Collins faces 26 months in prison

... Broderick also fined Collins $200,000....

An Eagle Scout and longtime scout leader, the elder Collins noted that he violated the first three words of the Boy Scout oath: "On my honor."

And as a result, "I will never be involved in scouting again, which is my life," he said. "That has rocked me to the core."
Oh no :o , not scouting! :violin:
That's just the start. Not only did Collins share secret bad news with his son about Innate Immunotherapeutics, an Australian biotech where the elder Collins sat on the board, he and his son also agreed that Cameron Collins should dump his Innate stock based on that information.

On top of that, Cameron Collins shared that inside information with his girlfriend, Lauren Zarsky, and her parents, Stephen Zarsky and Dorothy Zarsky.

And as a result, Cameron Collins and Stephen Zarsky also got arrested and, like the then-congressman, pleaded guilty in October. Lauren Zarsky and Dorothy Zarsky faced a civil action from the Securities and Exchange Commission and had to forgo their ill-gotten gains and pay penalties.

The elder Collins blamed himself for all of that and more.

"I've destroyed the reputation of my son," he said. "He's 27. He can't be involved in scouting. He'll probably never have a job."
:confusion-scratchheadblue: Plenty of toilet cleaners with records.
Because of the scandal, Collins' wife, Mary, had her credit card canceled, and his daughter Caitlin's brokerage account got canceled, too, he said.
Horrors!

Put out the welcome mat, billy.pilgrim:
... After Broderick issued his sentence, Collins' lawyers said he would like to serve it at the Federal Prison Camp in Pensacola, Fla., which is the nearest such facility to Collins' home in Marco Island, Fla. Broderick said he would recommend that Collins be sent to Pensacola, but the final decision will be up to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.
As for that $200,000 fine:
Chris Collins' is still worth a staggering amount despite resignation, indictment charges

... It is now estimated that Collins net worth is around $50 million ...
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Meh, I thought Jeff Sessions was the first to suck come (succumb) to the trump hypnosis. So both of these assholes have met a bad end. Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm
Meh, I thought Jeff Sessions was the first to suck come (succumb) to the trump hypnosis. So both of these assholes have met a bad end. Hilarious.
Pretty good chance that it will be Senator Jeff Sessions this time next year.
https://www.bamapolitics.com/36833/jeff ... -new-poll/

banni, we need a 'kill me now' emoji.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm
Pretty good chance that it will be Senator Jeff Sessions this time next year.
https://www.bamapolitics.com/36833/jeff ... -new-poll/

banni, we need a 'kill me now' emoji.
Isn't Jones good for several more years? Has Shelby announced his retirement or is not running? I think I'm confused.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:18 pm
Isn't Jones good for several more years? Has Shelby announced his retirement or is not running? I think I'm confused.
Shelby stays, up for reelection in 2022 if he runs. Jones won the 2017 special election following the resignation of Republican incumbent Jeff Sessions to become U.S. Attorney General. Sessions' term would have ended at the end of this year.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:03 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:18 pm
Shelby stays, up for reelection in 2022 if he runs. Jones won the 2017 special election following the resignation of Republican incumbent Jeff Sessions to become U.S. Attorney General. Sessions' term would have ended at the end of this year.
OH, I guess I did not realize that Jones does not have a full term; forgot that it was not a regular election. Call me dubmass.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:56 pm
... Call me dubmass.
No more than usual :P . I had to look up or at least double check each of the Senators I posted about in 2020 Elections.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 69#p108769
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?