One time this Texan . . .

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Captain

Re: One time this temp. Texan . . .

Unread post by O Really » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:29 pm
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3139&p=94738#p94738

:wave: :lol: :P
Way back in the day I was happy to be a temporary Texan. San Antonio used to be a pretty good place to live, and I've also enjoyed some trips to Austin and Dallas. But I couldn't imagine living up here North Texas or Panhandle. But we did pass several wind farms. We had brought haz-mat suits to wear while we drove past them so as to not catch Trump's cancer. Several places the highway was partially blocked by dead birds, and in all the huge pasture areas there were dead cows just stacked up. And the fields around the windmills were all nicely green with new wheat, soybeans, and corn, but I'm sure anything grown under a windmill would be toxic.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:37 pm

:D
O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm
... But we did pass several wind farms....
I think I've read that Texas, ironically, is one of the top states for wind energy, maybe #1.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: One time this Texan . . .

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:48 pm

It was the cumulative farts of those mounds of dead cows that kick started those windmills; they should be recognized for the effort

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:37 pm
:D
O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:20 pm
... But we did pass several wind farms....
I think I've read that Texas, ironically, is one of the top states for wind energy, maybe #1.
Could be. Here or Kansas. But when you go by them, you can see how truly stupid Trump's remarks were. F'rinstance, he said property values would drop - well, maybe, if they put them in a surburban neighborhood, just as they would with the installation of a cell tower by your house. But - (assume Sam Kinnison scream here) They don't build them in neighborhoods - they build them in the wide open middle of nowhere! And he continues that if the wind didn't blow, you couldn't watch TV (assume Sam again) They don't build them where the wind doesn't blow! Across the plains of Texas and Kansas, the wind ALWAYS blows, idiot. And the windmills don't interfere at all with other use of the land for cows or growing stuff.