Faux Noise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17928
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm
What fascinates and befuddles me is wingnuttery and dumbfuckery. I've also always been fascinated by how water swirls as its going down the drain; they say it swirls counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere but I've not been down there to confirm this.
That's a myth, but as for other wingnuttery and dumbfuckery:

Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation.

Faux Noise finally retracted after eight days, but it’s been too cowardly to apologize and Hannity has never had the stones to do either.

Liberals Don’t Share or Believe Fake News As Much As Right-Wingers, Study Finds
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/liberals-don- ... 37137.html (article)
Polarization, Partisanship and Junk News Consumption over Social Media in the US
http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/ ... nkNews.pdf (study)
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2046
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Boatrocker » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 am

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm
What fascinates and befuddles me is wingnuttery and dumbfuckery. I've also always been fascinated by how water swirls as its going down the drain; they say it swirls counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere but I've not been down there to confirm this.
That's a myth, but as for other wingnuttery and dumbfuckery:

Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation.

Faux Noise finally retracted after eight days, but it’s been too cowardly to apologize and Hannity has never had the stones to do either.

Liberals Don’t Share or Believe Fake News As Much As Right-Wingers, Study Finds
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/liberals-don- ... 37137.html (article)
Polarization, Partisanship and Junk News Consumption over Social Media in the US
http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/ ... nkNews.pdf (study)
Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Conservative Syndrome could help explain link between religiosity and lower intelligence
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Couple all that with a belief system whose every, single tenet is based on ignorant, unreasoned fear- fear that is easily engaged, triggered, manipulated and enhanced. They are simply unable, in any sense, to act or react with logic or sanity.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920, in The Baltimore Evening Sun

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17928
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:40 am

Boatrocker wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 am
Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?
Conservative Syndrome could help explain link between religiosity and lower intelligence
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Couple all that with a belief system whose every, single tenet is based on ignorant, unreasoned fear- fear that is easily engaged, triggered, manipulated and enhanced. They are simply unable, in any sense, to act or react with logic or sanity.
Thanks! Saved. 2 more:

Older people, conservatives more likely to share fake news: study
https://www.yahoo.com/news/older-people ... 11480.html (article)
Less than you think: Prevalence and predictors of fake news dissemination on Facebook
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/ ... u4586.full (study)

At Yale, we conducted an experiment to turn conservatives into liberals. The results say a lot about our political divisions.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ins ... divisions/
Summary: Science has proven that conservatives are much more likely to be snowflakes.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm

:lol: After reading about the Yale experiment, I came away feeling that folks like Mark Meadows, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and all those others must be scared to death and it made me feel even better about telling Meadows how I hoped his female family members would be sexually assaulted by members of groups that he most detests (fears the most).

User avatar
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2046
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Boatrocker » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:43 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm
:lol: After reading about the Yale experiment, I came away feeling that folks like Mark Meadows, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, and all those others must be scared to death and it made me feel even better about telling Meadows how I hoped his female family members would be sexually assaulted by members of groups that he most detests (fears the most).
They are wussy snowflakes. EVERY SINGLE FACET of "conservative" ideology is rooted in fear. Illogical, unreasoned fear.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920, in The Baltimore Evening Sun

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17928
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Fox News Cuts Into Trump Speech To Deliver A Brutal Real-Time Fact Check

Ouch, what's a Trumpette to do when their own state media, Faux Noise, starts telling the truth about their idol?
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:06 pm

You spend a lot of time keeping up with Fox News. I liked your Fox News - Police Officer human interest story.
    Image
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 17928
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: Faux Noise

    Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm

    Ilhan Omar responds to Tucker Carlson's rant about her: 'Racist fool'

    Calling Tucker Carlson a “racist fool” is like saying that the Sun rose in the East this morning.
    It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 17928
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: Faux Noise

    Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm

    Fox News Hasn’t Asked Paid Contributor Ken Starr (or Alan Dershowitz) About His Pedophile Client Jeffrey Epstein

    It's just Faux Noise being sleazy Faux Noise.

    Ken Starr career "high"lights:
    Disrupted an entire nation over lies about consensual adult sex.
    Presided over the Baylor rapes and coverups.
    Represented a pedophile.

    He may not be our worst perv ever, but he's the most wide-ranging one.
    It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

    User avatar
    neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
    Location: Kingsport TN

    Re: Faux Noise

    Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

    Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm
    Fox News Hasn’t Asked Paid Contributor Ken Starr (or Alan Dershowitz) About His Pedophile Client Jeffrey Epstein

    It's just Faux Noise being sleazy Faux Noise.

    Ken Starr career "high"lights:
    Disrupted an entire nation over lies about consensual adult sex.
    Presided over the Baylor rapes and coverups.
    Represented a pedophile.

    He may not be our worst perv ever, but he's the most wide-ranging one.
    From what I understand from reading about the Epstein case, the court records were under seal until recently, and if so, nobody would have known to ask about their involvement in it.

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 17928
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: Faux Noise

    Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm

    neoplacebo wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm
    From what I understand from reading about the Epstein case, the court records were under seal until recently, and if so, nobody would have known to ask about their involvement in it.
    Idk if lawyer names get hidden.

    Anyhow, according to the article The Daily Beast reported on March 12, 2019 that Dershowitz helped negotiate the deal. The article then links the Miami Herald, Nov. 28, 2018:
    Acosta, in 2011, would explain that he was unduly pressured by Epstein’s heavy-hitting lawyers — Lefkowitz, Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz, Jack Goldberger, Roy Black, former U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis, Gerald Lefcourt, and Kenneth Starr, the former Whitewater special prosecutor who investigated Bill Clinton’s sexual liaisons with Monica Lewinsky.
    Faux Noise has never asked either about Epstein. :roll:

    Clarification to my post above: The article says, " Dershowitz ... has appeared on Fox News more than 70 times since news of that 2008 deal broke," but it only calls Starr ("interviewed ... at least 59 times") "a paid Fox News contributor".

    Not sure that it matters. As the article argues, I think Faux Noise had an absolute responsibility to ask both about Epstein. If prosecutor Acosta is news, surely the defense team that's sitting on your set also is.
    It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

    User avatar
    neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet
    Posts: 3374
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
    Location: Kingsport TN

    Re: Faux Noise

    Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

    Vrede too wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm
    From what I understand from reading about the Epstein case, the court records were under seal until recently, and if so, nobody would have known to ask about their involvement in it.
    Idk if lawyer names get hidden.

    Anyhow, according to the article The Daily Beast reported on March 12, 2019 that Dershowitz helped negotiate the deal. The article then links the Miami Herald, Nov. 28, 2018:
    Acosta, in 2011, would explain that he was unduly pressured by Epstein’s heavy-hitting lawyers — Lefkowitz, Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz, Jack Goldberger, Roy Black, former U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis, Gerald Lefcourt, and Kenneth Starr, the former Whitewater special prosecutor who investigated Bill Clinton’s sexual liaisons with Monica Lewinsky.
    Faux Noise has never asked either about Epstein. :roll:

    Clarification to my post above: The article says, " Dershowitz ... has appeared on Fox News more than 70 times since news of that 2008 deal broke," but it only calls Starr ("interviewed ... at least 59 times") "a paid Fox News contributor".

    Not sure that it matters. As the article argues, I think Faux Noise had an absolute responsibility to ask both about Epstein. If prosecutor Acosta is news, surely the defense team that's sitting on your set also is.
    then it seems the ability to ask them about their involvement was present and they didn't do it. But then again, nobody else did either until this latest episode. As far as I konw, Dershowitz is the only surviving member of OJ's defense team. I wonder how he feels about that one?

    Post Reply