Faux Noise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Faux Noise

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Good for him, but I've historically been reluctant to give praise to anyone for doing what they should do or are supposed to do. As the GOP would say, "it creates dependency."

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm
James Murdoch Quits News Corp Board Over Editorial Disagreements

Rupert Murdoch’s eldest son can't abide the right-wing and anti-science fake news.
so, rather than stay where he could do some good, he ran away to his life of exclusive leisure.
Good boy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 pm
so, rather than stay where he could do some good, he ran away to his life of exclusive leisure.
Good boy.
I can't know if it's accurate, but the article gives the impression that he has been and continues to do good but left a position where he was outvoted and ineffective.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Good boy.
I can't know if it's accurate, but the article gives the impression that he has been and continues to do good but left a position where he was outvoted and ineffective.
So he took the path of least resistance. I'm sure he'll do at least ivanka level good with his pocket change at the end of the day. Still just another rich fuck with too much money throwing a few paper towels to those living in any of the countries that his father split apart.