2019 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:33 pm

April Chicago mayor runoff - black woman vs. black woman. :thumbup:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Steven Reed

Runoff election held Oct. 8
"Upon taking office, Reed will become the first African-American mayor of Montgomery (AL) since its incorporation in 1819."

Image

Montgomery, Alabama

Capital city of Alabama.
"Cradle of the Confederacy"
"Birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement”

:happy-cheerleaderkid: Thank you, Rosa Parks.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11264
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by O Really » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Thank you African American majority, too.

The population of Montgomery, AL is 59.8% Black or African American Alone, 32.2% White Alone, and 3.51% Hispanic or Latino

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:24 am

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Thank you African American majority, too.

The population of Montgomery, AL is 59.8% Black or African American Alone, 32.2% White Alone, and 3.51% Hispanic or Latino
That was the first thing I looked up, too. It should not have taken this long.

Forgot to mention, the outgoing mayor is a Repug.

:---P
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11264
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by O Really » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:05 am

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:24 am


Forgot to mention, the outgoing mayor is a Repug.

:---P
Just because you're in the majority doesn't mean you can't be an idiot.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11264
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by O Really » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:03 am


User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:57 am

Kentucky Governor - Incumbent Bevin (R) vs. former (was term limited) Gov. Beshear (D)
November 5th, 2019
TIE.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/ ... t_2019.pdf
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:38 am

Mississippi Governor - Reeves (R) vs. Hood (D)
November 5th, 2019
Reeves +3
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6725.html
If it really is that close there, 45SHOLE and the Repugs are in trouble in 2020. Mississippi has not elected a Dem Governor for 20 years.
Is the anti-Trump suburban revolt escalating? Watch Virginia

... Dunnavant's dance speaks to the dire threat Trump has created for Republicans in Virginia and, more broadly, suburbs across America. This is where higher-educated and more affluent voters — particularly women — have revolted against Trump's GOP. These areas leaned Republican in the past, but amid shifting demographics and Trump's turbulent presidency, they have transformed into the nation's premier political battleground.

Nearly three years into Trump's administration, Virginia's leftward shift appears to be rapidly accelerating. Since the beginning of 2017, Democrats have won every statewide contest, made historic gains in the House of Delegates and picked up three additional congressional seats. And on Tuesday, Democrats are just a handful of new seats away from seizing control of both chambers of the Virginia legislature for the first time in more than two decades....

Like Virginia, suburban North Carolina, Georgia and Texas have seen explosive growth and demographic shifts in recent years that have given Democrats real momentum, even if they have yet to break through.
Virginia 2017 predicted the Repugs getting crushed in 2018. We'll see.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Pretty good 👍night.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11264
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by O Really » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm
Pretty good 👍night.
Fershure - Dems take over Senate and House in Virginia, and for the most fun, won Kentucky governors race a day or so after Trump had stumped for Beshear.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:02 am

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm
Pretty good 👍night.
Fershure - Dems take over Senate and House in Virginia, and for the most fun, won Kentucky governors race a day or so after Trump had stumped for Beshear.
I was hopeful about Virginia, but Kentucky is a shocker. Ties in advance polls never seem to break my way.
Moscow Mitch is in real trouble.
Virginia means that 45SHOLE is surrounded. In order to reach friendly territory he has to go by air or boat.
45SHOLE is in real trouble, and we now have the proof of it.
Also, the VA candy store for ammosexuals in NY and other gun control states will now be closing.

:---P

Check out my celebration over the Hooterville election:
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 95#p104695
I think you might get a kick out of it.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:08 am

Perhaps not Kentucky yet:
Dems flip Virginia; Kentucky governor race too close to call

... Trump may depend on Mississippi, where he also campaigned in the final stretch before Election Day, for something to crow about. With Republican Gov. Phil Bryant term-limited, GOP nominee Tate Reeves defeated Democrat Jim Hood to extend the GOP's 20-year hold on the state's top office. But even that contest could finish with a single-digit margin in a state Trump won by 28 percentage points three years ago....

Legislative seats also were on the ballot in New Jersey, with Democrats positioned to maintain their overwhelming majorities and quell any opportunity for Trump to suggest that the Republicans were encroaching on Democratic territory ahead of 2020....
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:57 am
Kentucky Governor - Incumbent Bevin (R) vs. former (was term limited) Gov. Beshear (D)
November 5th, 2019
TIE.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/ ... t_2019.pdf
Pretty accurate polling, I'd say.

My bad, it's the son of former Gov. Beshear that may have won last night:
To explain Kentucky, Republicans undoubtedly will echo the Trump campaign and focus on Bevin's weaknesses. He spent his term battling with state lawmakers — including Republicans — and teachers. Beshear, meanwhile, is well known as state attorney general and the son of Steve Beshear, who won two terms as governor from 2007 to 2016 even as the state trended more solidly Republican in federal elections. Still, a Bevin upset would leave Trump explaining why his signature tactic of late campaign rallies wasn't enough in a state he won easily in 2016....
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Extensive discussion beginning on page 5 of Heroes and extending at least through page 8, update:
Cyclist who flipped off US president wins local election

Image

A cyclist who was fired after flipping the bird -- making a rude single-fingered gesture -- to US President Donald Trump's motorcade has been elected to local office in Virginia.

Juli Briskman, whose one-handed salute was captured in an AFP photograph that went viral, beat the Republican incumbent to a seat on the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors in state elections that saw Trump's Republican party suffer a series of stinging defeats.

The single mother of two teens lost her job as a marketing analyst for a United States government and military subcontractor after the snapshot of her gesture spread across media and the internet in 2017, bringing her insults and threats.

But getting fired also opened "a lot of doors", the 52-year-old told AFP during her campaign, including accepting an invitation to run for local office on the Democratic ticket....
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6385
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ction.html



“Contested elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor shall be determined by both Houses of the General Assembly …”
“Suppose, as seems most likely, that Bevin cannot come up with evidence of voter fraud or other problems that could plausibly swing a 5,000-vote margin. Would the Republican-dominated Legislature still attempt to hand the governorship back to Bevin? If it did hand Bevin the victory—even without evidence of fraud or major error—could federal courts refuse to review the decision as an action committed by the state legislature in accordance with the state constitution?”


If they think they can get away with it, they will.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4043
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ction.html



“Contested elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor shall be determined by both Houses of the General Assembly …”
“Suppose, as seems most likely, that Bevin cannot come up with evidence of voter fraud or other problems that could plausibly swing a 5,000-vote margin. Would the Republican-dominated Legislature still attempt to hand the governorship back to Bevin? If it did hand Bevin the victory—even without evidence of fraud or major error—could federal courts refuse to review the decision as an action committed by the state legislature in accordance with the state constitution?”


If they think they can get away with it, they will.
With any luck, the recount and other GOP tactics will reveal voter fraud by GOP acolytes like happened in NC recently. I'd laugh my ass off.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ction.html

“Contested elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor shall be determined by both Houses of the General Assembly …”
“Suppose, as seems most likely, that Bevin cannot come up with evidence of voter fraud or other problems that could plausibly swing a 5,000-vote margin. Would the Republican-dominated Legislature still attempt to hand the governorship back to Bevin? If it did hand Bevin the victory—even without evidence of fraud or major error—could federal courts refuse to review the decision as an action committed by the state legislature in accordance with the state constitution?”

If they think they can get away with it, they will.
I wonder why the article only mentions federal courts and not the Kentucky Supreme Court. I would have thought that would be the first stop.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm
With any luck, the recount and other GOP tactics will reveal voter fraud by GOP acolytes like happened in NC recently. I'd laugh my ass off.
I was going to express skepticism over that ever happening, but it turns out that the Secretary of State of Kentucky is a Dem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Lundergan_Grimes
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6385
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ction.html

“Contested elections for Governor and Lieutenant Governor shall be determined by both Houses of the General Assembly …”
“Suppose, as seems most likely, that Bevin cannot come up with evidence of voter fraud or other problems that could plausibly swing a 5,000-vote margin. Would the Republican-dominated Legislature still attempt to hand the governorship back to Bevin? If it did hand Bevin the victory—even without evidence of fraud or major error—could federal courts refuse to review the decision as an action committed by the state legislature in accordance with the state constitution?”

If they think they can get away with it, they will.
I wonder why the article only mentions federal courts and not the Kentucky Supreme Court. I would have thought that would be the first stop.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm
With any luck, the recount and other GOP tactics will reveal voter fraud by GOP acolytes like happened in NC recently. I'd laugh my ass off.
I was going to express skepticism over that ever happening, but it turns out that the Secretary of State of Kentucky is a Dem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Lundergan_Grimes
In this age of trump, does "contested" have to be reality based?

Didn't some repug (Miller or Bannon or some other lying sack of shit) say that they witnessed people voting and then driving to another state to vote again?
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:02 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:52 pm
In this age of trump, does "contested" have to be reality based?
Idk what the law says. I guess that would be the first issue for courts to sort out.
Didn't some repug (Miller or Bannon or some other lying sack of shit) say that they witnessed people voting and then driving to another state to vote again?
Turns out that was Jared he saw :D .
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Edit: Opps, O Really beat me to it by 7 minutes, but I used the correct year thread.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 46#p105246

Louisiana Governor

3808 of 3934 precincts reporting - 97%
absentee reporting - 63 of 64 parishes

John Bel Edwards (DEM) 740,413, 51%

"Eddie" Rispone (REP) 720,032, 49%

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Three 45SHOLE campaign visits, I believe.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... th#p105013
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:36 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:59 am
Home teams, sort of, are 0-4 when POSPOTUS attends:
Alabama lost to LSU yesterday.
The Nationals lost to the Astros in October.
The 2017-18 FBS Championship. Not played at Georgia's home field, but Atlanta is in Georgia. Bama won.
The 2016 Army–Navy game. Not played at Navy's home field, but Baltimore is near Annapolis. Army won.

As with his political endorsements, POSPOTUS is the kiss of death....
Dancing endorsements, too.
‘SAD!’: Trump Quickly Deletes Spicer Endorsement After He Loses On ‘DWTS’

... A last-minute rally for Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) last week fell short and he was apparently defeated by state Attorney General Andy Beshear....
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20133
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: 2019 elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 am

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 51#p105251
O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:13 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:04 pm
Dem John Bel Edwards keeps his governor seat, despite :clap: Trump's visit and rally. :clap: :clap:
"despite"? Because of.
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 48#p105248
45SHOLE is on a roll.
I thought of "because of" but I doubt that's the case in bright red Louisiana. I think they had a guv they liked (over 50% approval and +18 rating) and didn't buy into Trump's obvious "far left" lies nor saw any advantage to voting for Governor to "support Trump." Trump always tries to make everything about himself, and more and more frequently it's not working.
"Trump rules" are that we get to make up any facts about him we want, no evidence needed. Karma is a bitch. They also apply to health rumors:
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 53#p105253
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... f=4&t=3900

He had a heart attack, guaranteed.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Post Reply