Traveling

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Major

Re: Traveling

Unread post by Ulysses » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:07 pm

Although I spent my teen years in SF, within walking distance of Haight/Ashbury, during the 60's, I didn't get my first taste of pot until I got to college at UC Davis, in the dorms. Most of the guys in the dorms were from redneck towns like Lodi, but they sure knew how to party. After a couple years of that nonsense I transferred to UC Berkeley where my GPA improved dramatically. But I don't think drive thru liquor stores ever happened here.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 pm

Louisiana still has beer barns and drive-through daiquiri stands.

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:54 pm

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:02 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:07 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 pm
Nope. They actually deliver - like a pizza. There's also a drive-through shop. :thumbup:
https://flowermarket.delivery/
Back in the day a lot of convenience stores that sold beer had drive up windows here in TN and also in VA.
They had those in Florida, too, up until early 90's sometime. A lot of the liquor stores still have a drive-up window, or at least a visible place where it used to be. I'm guessing the ones that still have the window use it for the entertainment of the store staff, laughing at the less-than-sober guy waiting at the window.
Just remember, they're not laughing at you, they're laughing at you.
We still have one in navarre
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Ulysses
Major

Unread post by Ulysses » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:54 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:02 pm
O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:
Nope. They actually deliver - like a pizza. There's also a drive-through shop. :thumbup:
Back in the day a lot of convenience stores that sold beer had drive up windows here in TN and also in VA.
They had those in Florida, too, up until early 90's sometime. A lot of the liquor stores still have a drive-up window, or at least a visible place where it used to be. I'm guessing the ones that still have the window use it for the entertainment of the store staff, laughing at the less-than-sober guy waiting at the window.
Just remember, they're not laughing at you, they're laughing at you.
We still have one in navarre
I'm guessing Navarre isn't in Utah.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:30 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 pm
O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:
I went to college in Lakeland Florida, we had a place called the Kau Kau Koner. It was a drive through liquor store, entered on one side, told the guy what you wanted, he loaded your car, paid and drove out of the other side.

How did we survive?
:lol: There used to be one of those in Johnson City TN near the ETSU campus; a literal drive thru store. I think the only things they sold were beer and cigarettes and stuff like chewing gum and chips and things like that. I also survived this era.

GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:28 am

And the legal drinking age in Florida was eighteen....
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:14 am

I don't object to drive thru booze. Other than the sketchy optics of it, making people walk in only deters those that are too drunk to step over the curb after parking.

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:02 pm

I've seen other law firms specializing in motorcycle riders, but this is the first one I've seen where all the attorneys in the firm dress up in their biker costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvbY5cU2uD8

There's also an LA firm specializing in Uber and Lyft accidents.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:02 pm

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:02 pm
I've seen other law firms specializing in motorcycle riders, but this is the first one I've seen where all the attorneys in the firm dress up in their biker costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvbY5cU2uD8

There's also an LA firm specializing in Uber and Lyft accidents.
I suspect a lot of the attorneys in the White House Counsel's office as well as the Justice Department dress in clown costume.