Traveling

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Captain

Re: Traveling

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm
Canada needs its own enclaves for assholes, though Calgary might suffice.
I'll report on the current assholiness of Calgary when we pass through there on the way from the dinosaurs to Banff, dodging around the Stampede.

But don't forget, Canada exported Beiber but still has Drake.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:29 pm
I'll report on the current assholiness of Calgary when we pass through there on the way from the dinosaurs to Banff, dodging around the Stampede.

You wish. Drake has resided in Hidden Hills, California since 2012, though Bieber steals our womenfolk.

Dinosaur Provincial Park

Cool! You're feeding your inner 8 year-olds.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:29 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm
Canada needs its own enclaves for assholes, though Calgary might suffice.

Neil Young recently was granted US citizenship 54 years after moving here from Canada. His application had been held up due to the allegation he lacked "good moral character" because of a decades old pot bust as well as his long time advocacy for pot. Ironic that the US president no doubt lacks good moral character but gets a pass. sick

O Really
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Cool! You're feeding your inner 8 year-olds.
Yeah, and also Drumheller, home of the Royal Tyrrell Museum and more.

https://traveldrumheller.com/attraction ... ll-museum/

O Really
Captain

So the last time I had much experience in public rail transport was maybe 3 years ago, on New Jersey Transit, PATH, and Metro North all around the NYC area. What a pleasant surprise to find the San Diego system is nothing like those at all. Stations you can walk or bike to, free parking around the stations, clean trains, and a really good app that gets you around. Round-trip ticket for Lady O and I from Oceanside to SD is $13. For $58 we can get a monthly pass. Serves all the coastal towns and goes by Old Town and then Convention Center where there are plenty of other transportation choices.

NJT had an app, but as far as I could tell it was pretty worthless. The app here knows where you are, you put in where you want to go, and it gives you ticket choices, select what you want, get the cost added to your account, wave your phone when you get onboard and you're on your way. Works for trains and buses.