Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:53 am
Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:48 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:47 am
Is this just me or is this devastating?
Agreed. Sounds really bad for Trump.
Agreed . . . but how many times have we said that since 2015?
Thx
Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6445
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:12 pm

https://nypost.com/2019/11/13/universit ... r-s-visit/

Impeach everybody

Lock him up, lock him up.

“student body president of the University of Florida is facing impeachment calls for alleged misuse of funds to bring Donald Trump Jr. and presidential campaign adviser Kimberly Guilfoyle to campus last month

Michael C. Murphy received a formal impeachment resolution on Tuesday for allegedly conspiring with a Trump campaign consultant to bring Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle to the Gainesville campus on Oct. 10, the Tampa Bay Times reports

Those who support Murphy’s removal claim that emails first obtained by the school’s newspaper, the Independent Alligator, show that he agreed to pay the pair $50,000 in publicly funded student activity fees, which would violate rules banning use of the funds to support or oppose political campaigns

By using the student fees to advance his “own expressed political beliefs,” Murphy endangered other students who were “marginalized by the speakers’ white nationalist supporters” and abused his power to advance a political party, according to the impeachment resolution.”
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20407
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:16 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:12 pm
https://nypost.com/2019/11/13/universit ... r-s-visit/

Impeach everybody

Lock him up, lock him up.

“student body president of the University of Florida is facing impeachment calls for alleged misuse of funds to bring Donald Trump Jr. and presidential campaign adviser Kimberly Guilfoyle to campus last month

Michael C. Murphy received a formal impeachment resolution on Tuesday for allegedly conspiring with a Trump campaign consultant to bring Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle to the Gainesville campus on Oct. 10, the Tampa Bay Times reports

Those who support Murphy’s removal claim that emails first obtained by the school’s newspaper, the Independent Alligator, show that he agreed to pay the pair $50,000 in publicly funded student activity fees, which would violate rules banning use of the funds to support or oppose political campaigns

By using the student fees to advance his “own expressed political beliefs,” Murphy endangered other students who were “marginalized by the speakers’ white nationalist supporters” and abused his power to advance a political party, according to the impeachment resolution.”
I don't know whether to root against Florida because of the Trumpism, of for it because of the brilliant resistance.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20407
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Sometimes, I really love and am proud of America. At the impeachment hearing:

Image
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/the-imp ... 50449.html
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:59 pm

My US "representative" Phil Roe was on the local news tonight blabbering about how he wants to "hear from the whistleblower" and find out what his "motivation" was. It pissed me off so bad I started looking around for something to break. Got over that but will send him an email later tonight once I get it straight what I want to say. A lot of times when I write to him, I have to police myself with regard to not saying anything that could be perceived as a threat; but I am confident in my ability to do this since I have a nominal amount of experience in that. In any case, Phil should be bent, fucked, beaten, and driven across the land. He's a shit mess.

User avatar
Whack9
Major
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Whack9 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:59 pm
My US "representative" Phil Roe was on the local news tonight blabbering about how he wants to "hear from the whistleblower" and find out what his "motivation" was. It pissed me off so bad I started looking around for something to break. Got over that but will send him an email later tonight once I get it straight what I want to say. A lot of times when I write to him, I have to police myself with regard to not saying anything that could be perceived as a threat; but I am confident in my ability to do this since I have a nominal amount of experience in that. In any case, Phil should be bent, fucked, beaten, and driven across the land. He's a shit mess.
What I learned from today's hearing:

Republicans: anyone that expresses concern about something Trump did is now biased against him and longer credible.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:59 pm
My US "representative" Phil Roe was on the local news tonight blabbering about how he wants to "hear from the whistleblower" and find out what his "motivation" was. It pissed me off so bad I started looking around for something to break. Got over that but will send him an email later tonight once I get it straight what I want to say. A lot of times when I write to him, I have to police myself with regard to not saying anything that could be perceived as a threat; but I am confident in my ability to do this since I have a nominal amount of experience in that. In any case, Phil should be bent, fucked, beaten, and driven across the land. He's a shit mess.
What I learned from today's hearing:

Republicans: anyone that expresses concern about something Trump did is now biased against him and longer credible.
Yoh might be a little late to the party😛.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11330
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by O Really » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm

But as noted before, it doesn't matter how biased one might be if the facts are accurate. If your worst enemy stole a car and you turned him in, would he get off because the person who reported the theft was biased? These people are truly idiots. If they don't know any better, they're idiots. If they do know better and think this is a reasonable approach, they're idiots. If they think it's in anybody's interest other than Trump's to defend proven and documented offences, they're idiots.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:25 am

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
But as noted before, it doesn't matter how biased one might be if the facts are accurate. If your worst enemy stole a car and you turned him in, would he get off because the person who reported the theft was biased? These people are truly idiots. If they don't know any better, they're idiots. If they do know better and think this is a reasonable approach, they're idiots. If they think it's in anybody's interest other than Trump's to defend proven and documented offences, they're idiots.
Yep, quadruple idiots. No doubt about it. And I sort of went :shock: when yesterday at the press conference trump said this hearing "shouldn't be allowed to happen" put him in direct conflict and opposition to the Constitution. It truly is the empire of idiots.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20407
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 am

Devil's :evil: advocate:
O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
But as noted before, it does matter how biased one might be even if the facts are accurate. If you are Black and your wealthy White worst enemy stole a car and you turned him in, and the judge and jury are wealthy Whites, he would get off because the person who reported the theft was biased. You and your supporters are truly idiots. If you and they don't know any better, you're idiots. If you and they do know better and think this is a reasonable approach, you're idiots. If you and they think it's in anybody's interest other than Trump's to pursue proven and documented offences, you're idiots.
:(

Okay, I think the impeachment is righteous and don't think the Dems are idiots, but the outcome could be the same - no conviction and a boost to 45SHOLE and the Repugs. We are truly in the Twilight Zone, a place where facts don't matter, the rules of logic don't apply, and reality is suspended.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11330
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by O Really » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:39 am

Twilight Zone, indeed. But there is another alternative, which nobody discusses - hold the hearings, pile up an insurmountable mountain of hard evidence of malfeasance and incompetence, then decline to impeach specifically due to inability to get a "fair trial" from the Senate.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20407
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:49 am

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:39 am
Twilight Zone, indeed. But there is another alternative, which nobody discusses - hold the hearings, pile up an insurmountable mountain of hard evidence of malfeasance and incompetence, then decline to impeach specifically due to inability to get a "fair trial" from the Senate.
Interesting. I wonder if that would be taken as wisdom or cowardice? I'm sure that a number of Repug (and maybe a few Dem) Senators in purplish states would be relieved.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11330
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by O Really » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:49 am

Interesting. I wonder if that would be taken as wisdom or cowardice?
Yes.
And thoroughly spun by all. But maybe better than giving Trump the official free pass he'd claim if the Senate refused to convict. Face it, Trump and his toadies will lie about anything, no matter what is done. Authentic, real life "Ministry of Truth" stuff.

(humour note: when writing about the "toadies", above, I missed the space key and wrote "toadieswill." Almost left it - "toady swill" sounds pretty accurate to me.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20407
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:15 pm

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Yes.
And thoroughly spun by all. But maybe better than giving Trump the official free pass he'd claim if the Senate refused to convict. Face it, Trump and his toadies will lie about anything, no matter what is done. Authentic, real life "Ministry of Truth" stuff.
True, but I'm not sure how the middle will take it.
(humour note: when writing about the "toadies", above, I missed the space key and wrote "toadieswill." Almost left it - "toady swill" sounds pretty accurate to me.
Thanks, I was a little tired of calling the toady swill 'Trumpettes'.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6445
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:15 pm
O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Yes.
And thoroughly spun by all. But maybe better than giving Trump the official free pass he'd claim if the Senate refused to convict. Face it, Trump and his toadies will lie about anything, no matter what is done. Authentic, real life "Ministry of Truth" stuff.
True, but I'm not sure how the middle will take it.
(humour note: when writing about the "toadies", above, I missed the space key and wrote "toadieswill." Almost left it - "toady swill" sounds pretty accurate to me.
Thanks, I was a little tired of calling the toady swill 'Trumpettes'.
This started before trump. Granted it's always been there in politics but this total and complete lying with impunity the reason fox was created.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11330
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by O Really » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Sure, politicians (and others) have always lied, but the social construct was that when you got caught at it, you're supposed to say "opps, sorry" and provide some implicit recognition that lying is not good. Now, when caught in one big lie, they just say "that video and recording and witnesses you heard didn't happen."

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:00 pm

A lot of people are talking about how I ran the 100 yard dash in 4 seconds while tying my running shoes at the same time; the run was perfect. It was a beautiful run, probably the best run in the history of our country. Many people say it was a miracle; one guy came up to me and said "sir, that was the best run in the history of the world." Everybody knows it.

User avatar
Whack9
Major
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Whack9 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:11 pm

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:08 pm
But as noted before, it doesn't matter how biased one might be if the facts are accurate. If your worst enemy stole a car and you turned him in, would he get off because the person who reported the theft was biased? These people are truly idiots. If they don't know any better, they're idiots. If they do know better and think this is a reasonable approach, they're idiots. If they think it's in anybody's interest other than Trump's to defend proven and documented offences, they're idiots.
The line Trump and co are spinning is "the president is trying to be productive and get things done, but this sham impeachment is impeding him from doing his job".

User avatar
Whack9
Major
Posts: 573
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Whack9 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Oh yeah,

Im sure you guys have noticed this as well. But everything is theater now. I guess it was like this before Trump, but not to this extent.

At the start of his presidency you had the folders full of blank pages to "prove" he divested himself from his business.

You've got the carefully sculpted image of tough guy trump plastered all over his social media.

And many more.

The thing that irks me the most is the feigned outrage. Watching the impeachment proceedings the Democrats were cool and collected. The republicans played the outrage card.

Unfortunately, theater works. People are addicted to outrage.

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 am

Witnesses intimidation while a witness is on the stand. Trump's getting more looney and it's only going to get worse as this goes on.

Resignation? 25th? Neither would surprise me at this point.

Although stroke is still a good possibility.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Post Reply