Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:00 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:13 am
Happy the guy wasn't injured, but seriously - he basically went diving into the whales' lunch pail.
The video implies that he was just there for the sardine run and didn't know there was a whale present, but it's not 100% clear about it.
Woulda been a different story if it had been a shark.
Like this?
Woman attacked by jaguar while taking selfie at Arizona zoo, suffers non-life threatening injury

... The woman was attempting to take a selfie when the animal reached out and swiped at her, according to the Rural Metro Fire Department.

The zoo said the woman crossed a barrier in an attempt to get the photo....
Did the selfie turn out? :D
This is the second time in a month the same jaguar has swiped at a guest, Wildlife World Zoo Director Mickey Ollson told Phoenix ABC affiliate KNXV.
Probably makes the jaguar's week.

When oh when will people ever learn to carry a laser pointer and ball of yarn with them at all times?
O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:47 pm
Maybe not, but isn't that like saying you didn't know there's likely to be fat ladies at Wal-Mart?

https://roaring.earth/whale-swallows-sc ... nes-whole/
Idk, we've all seen the videos of whales going after bait balls, but that doesn't tell us how many bait balls there are where a whale never shows up.

"fat ladies", sure, but I don't see a tweaking methhead every time I'm in Walmart. ;)
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 pm
"fat ladies", sure, but I don't see a tweaking methhead every time I'm in Walmart. ;)
So we're supposed to be impressed that you go to an up-scale Wal-Mart?

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:49 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 pm
Don't be impressed that the Gulf Breeze Walmart always left me wondering where these so-called Walmart shoppers were hiding. Like everything, it's location, location, location.

Shoppers in all 4 of the superstores and neighborhood markets between GB and Navarre wear clothes, drive normal vehicles and the kids are mostly behaved.

Then about a month ago I went out of great necessity, to the Pensacola west side Walmart near the intersection of Fairfield and Mobile Highway and there they were, on every isle, at every register, carts filled and kids treating the jelly isle like a buffet.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:19 pm
:D :thumbup:

They're ALL up-scale Walmarts compared to south Florida (and Pensacola west side). :P

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:51 pm