The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by O Really » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:18 pm

I'm pretty sure Mormons wouldn't keep trying to get into your house if you told them to leave, much less shot arrows at them.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:37 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:18 pm
I'm pretty sure Mormons wouldn't keep trying to get into your house if you told them to leave, much less shot arrows at them.
:D

Idk.
A lot of rainbows had to be shot at them before they quit doing that. ;)

I wonder if I could make money selling "No Missionaries" door stickers/magnets/hangers with this collage to atheists and others:

Image
So many wingnuts, so little time.

billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5144
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Sorry, but I couldn't find the Bat-Shit Crazy thread


http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/admi ... ign=bestof

"As “apostle” Mario Bramnick put it, “God has given us authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the devil.”

The administration officials who took the stage about two hours into the program are either directors or acting directors of their cabinet agency’s Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives: Andrea Ramirez, Department of Education; John Pughe, Department of Commerce; Mark Zelden, Department of Labor; Kevin Smith, Department of Homeland Security and FEMA; Rich Youngblood, Housing and Urban Development."
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 pm

On the eve of the midterm elections, a group of dominionist pastors, “prophets” and activists spent the day just outside Washington, D.C., at an event they called “Rise Up 2018.” Organized by ardent supporters of President Trump, the event was specifically focused on praying for conservative victory in the midterm elections....
Fail. Turns out that god is a Dem.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Kid Accidentally Brings Blow-Up Sex Doll to School Nativity

Image

:lol: Good thing Mom didn't order the inflatable "Virgin Mary" doll.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 am

Some Mormons Are Raising Holy Heck Over New ‘Deadpool’ Promo
They’ve launched a petition against a new image promoting “Once Upon A Deadpool.”


An image promoting a recut of “Deadpool 2” has drawn the ire of some Mormons who say it mocks their faith, and one of those critics has launched a petition to have it pulled.

The poster for “Once Upon a Deadpool” ― a PG-13 recut of the hilariously crude “Deadpool 2″ ― appears to be a parody of “The Second Coming,” a Harry Anderson painting commissioned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

Image

Change the Deadpool poster to not mock the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Cassidy Carter started this petition to Tim Miller


... The petition, which has received more than 35,000 signatures in about a week, called for filmmaker Tim Miller to change the image, claiming it was a form of “religious discrimination.”

Miller, however, directed the first film but not the second, nor was he involved in the “Once Upon A Deadpool” recut.
:lol: Why didn't Jesus stop the author and now 37,408 signers from making such a dumb mistake?
... “Deadpool” has inserted characters into religious art before. One of the promotional images for the original “Deadpool 2” placed the film’s anti-hero and villain into “The Creation of Adam,” the iconic Michelangelo masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel:

Image
Update: The actual director and producers have called the Mormons' publicity-generating whining a "miracle" for ticket sales.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5144
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 am
Some Mormons Are Raising Holy Heck Over New ‘Deadpool’ Promo
They’ve launched a petition against a new image promoting “Once Upon A Deadpool.”


An image promoting a recut of “Deadpool 2” has drawn the ire of some Mormons who say it mocks their faith, and one of those critics has launched a petition to have it pulled.

The poster for “Once Upon a Deadpool” ― a PG-13 recut of the hilariously crude “Deadpool 2″ ― appears to be a parody of “The Second Coming,” a Harry Anderson painting commissioned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

Image

Change the Deadpool poster to not mock the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Cassidy Carter started this petition to Tim Miller


... The petition, which has received more than 35,000 signatures in about a week, called for filmmaker Tim Miller to change the image, claiming it was a form of “religious discrimination.”

Miller, however, directed the first film but not the second, nor was he involved in the “Once Upon A Deadpool” recut.
:lol: Why didn't Jesus stop the author and now 37,408 signers from making such a dumb mistake?
... “Deadpool” has inserted characters into religious art before. One of the promotional images for the original “Deadpool 2” placed the film’s anti-hero and villain into “The Creation of Adam,” the iconic Michelangelo masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel:

Image
Update: The actual director and producers have called the Mormons' publicity-generating whining a "miracle" for ticket sales.

a couple of points

mormons have a mockable story
and where the fuck do they get off not including dogs in their fairyland picture?
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:05 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:42 pm
a couple of points

mormons have a mockable story
and where the fuck do they get off not including dogs in their fairyland picture?
There are 6.5M Mormons in the US, 16.1M worldwide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormons

I don't know how the “Once Upon a Deadpool” PG-13 recut will do, but "Deadpool 2 grossed $318.5 million in the United States and Canada, and $415.8 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $734.2 million".

Figuring an average ticket price of $10 (which I don't know is reasonable), almost 32M Americans/Canadians and almost 42M others saw the movie. Heathens win!
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm

https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/
United Church of Bacon headquarters are located at the
Nevatican


Image

Hail Bacon,
Full of Grease,
The Lard is with thee.
Blessed are thou amongst piggies,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Bacon God.
Holy Baconess, mother of Bacon God,
Pray for our Gluttoness
Now and at the hour of our premature Death.
Amen! Praise the Lard.


Please view our new Bacon Devotionals HERE.
I'm looking forward to that Xmas ham.
Church Officials

...

...

...

Kevin R Breen, Intergalactic Overlard
I've been outranked. :-||
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by bannination » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm
https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/
United Church of Bacon headquarters are located at the
Nevatican


Image

Hail Bacon,
Full of Grease,
The Lard is with thee.
Blessed are thou amongst piggies,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Bacon God.
Holy Baconess, mother of Bacon God,
Pray for our Gluttoness
Now and at the hour of our premature Death.
Amen! Praise the Lard.


Please view our new Bacon Devotionals HERE.
I'm looking forward to that Xmas ham.
Church Officials

...

...

...

Kevin R Breen, Intergalactic Overlard
I've been outranked. :-||
I'm not sure about that, have you looked at the size of your avatar lately......?

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1540
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:49 pm

bannination wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm
I'm not sure about that, have you looked at the size of your avatar lately......?
Goes well with his mouth and ego; don't ya think? :lol: :lol: :violent:

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 pm

bannination wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Kevin R Breen, Intergalactic Overlard
I've been outranked. :-||
I'm not sure about that, have you looked at the size of your avatar lately......?
Sadly, my powers are earthbound . . . and I'm still unable to move posts around or delete 3 days of them.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Now, now, don't be jealous. They (people with small avatars) say that size doesn't matter.

Donald Trump forced to part ways with Tim Tebow Broncos helmet as part of charity scandal

I appreciate the irony in evangelical darling POSPOTUS getting busted ripping off charities, donors and the IRS by buying evangelical Tebow's helmet.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Now, now, don't be jealous. They (people with small avatars) say that size doesn't matter.

Donald Trump forced to part ways with Tim Tebow Broncos helmet as part of charity scandal

I appreciate the irony in evangelical darling POSPOTUS getting busted ripping off charities, donors and the IRS by buying evangelical Tebow's helmet.
I bet some evangelical dimwit buys it and gives it back to him. Or maybe Tim will just send him another one....he's probably got all kinds of Broncos stuff he could sign, sell, piss on, bless, curse, or otherwise anoint. Say yayah!

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:47 pm
I bet some evangelical dimwit buys it and gives it back to him.
Could be, but at least the proceeds will go to a charity designated by the NY AG. :---P

Dolt. 45's interest in athletics seems to reflect his consistently desperate overcompensation for his other lacks.
Or maybe Tim will just send him another one....he's probably got all kinds of Broncos stuff he could sign, sell, piss on, bless, curse, or otherwise anoint. Say yayah!
I wondered about Tebow's politics, found this:
Evangelicals tend to be con, but not all of them are.

I also noticed this:
Tebow envisioned a foundation to give back to others during his college career, and he, along with other University of Florida students, created "First and 15", raising funds for Uncle Dick's Orphanage in the Philippines ...
Wow, that's an unfortunate orphanage name. :o


Found:
The Flying Spaghetti Monster boiled for our sins.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Well, Tebow may be sincere but I'm always leery of these hyper religious folks. I mean, so many prominent folks profess their faith and belief in Christian tenets but you don't see that spirit in the policies they advocate. Christianity is a convenient religion in that you don't have to adhere to it to advocate for it. I'ts always been a good crutch for the sleazy. I guess you could say that for any religion, which is why I don't subscribe. I believe in traffic lights, totals on the cash register, and a lot of other things. And I did not steal the missing baby Jesus figures that are missing in this area so don't ask me about it.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:40 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:08 pm
Well, Tebow may be sincere but I'm always leery of these hyper religious folks. I mean, so many prominent folks profess their faith and belief in Christian tenets but you don't see that spirit in the policies they advocate. Christianity is a convenient religion in that you don't have to adhere to it to advocate for it. It's always been a good crutch for the sleazy. I guess you could say that for any religion, which is why I don't subscribe. I believe in traffic lights, totals on the cash register, and a lot of other things. And I did not steal the missing baby Jesus figures that are missing in this area so don't ask me about it.
If you had stolen the baby Jesus figures they wouldn't be missing, would they? Busted.

Agreed. Idk about Tebow, he might even be a baby Jesus figure thief. I do appreciate that:
He used to be in our faces with his religion, then stopped;
He failed in the NFL, but didn't whine about it;
He had some success as a sports broadcaster;
He's paying his dues in Double-A baseball despite getting old.

He doesn't bother me as much as he used to, though if he's still a virgin at 31 he's a moron.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:51 pm

After all that, there's no doubt for me that he will become a tv evangelist and raise lots of money and praise god all the while. Amen. I figure about twenty thousand for each year he's been celibate. That's a substantial wad.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 am

Opp opps.
WEIRD NEWS
Alabama Police Department Blames Homicide Increase On Godlessness, Satan
The devil is having his day menacing a small rural town, according to a bizarre Facebook post from local authorities.


... The agency provided no numbers on how many residents of the 6,500-person town it suspects of being nonbelievers or whether it plans to do anything about it beyond publicly chastising them....

In addition to courting controversy, the post, which went viral, managed to attract numerous trolls to the police department’s Facebook page. Everything that has been posted since Tuesday ― from weather updates to police calls ― has resulted in comments jokingly placing the blame on Satan’s shoulders.
Hilarious!
Still, of the many unanswered questions is whether Satan is actually working overtime in Opp. HuffPost on Friday was unable to locate the diabolical entity for comment.
:D

Funny, murder rates are lower on average in non-Bible Belt states.

Homicide Mortality by State: 2014

Maybe godliness, not Satan, is the problem.

Comments:
well the god to people ratio was pretty close to its height when cain killed abel. so i am not sure having god in the mix is a great shield from deadly sin.
They just gave defense attorneys more to work with.
Santa, Satan, they kinda dress alike, and are in favor of free will.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15602
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:46 pm

So many wingnuts, so little time.

Post Reply