The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:32 pm

Happy Easter, nttawwt.
https://twitter.com/lockyerc/status/110 ... 51005.html
Christian
‏ @lockyerc

It seems #JessicaRabbit’s gone a bit suggestive for #Easter!
@marksandspencer #easteregg #rabbit #yoga #chocolate #egg #frome

Image
:o

One Marks and Spencer sales assistant joked on Twitter, “Prayers for those of us who have to try and sell this product with a straight face appreciated.”

They were going at <ahem> "Easter yoga" like rabbits.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm

I'm pretty sure you can get any sitting bunny to assume such a pose. Happy Easter

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 pm

As we all know, the Republican party is the one of tolerance and inclusion.

GOP lawmaker criticized for 'disrespectful' prayer as first Muslim woman is sworn into Pa. House
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Stay classy, Repugs.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm
I'm pretty sure you can get any sitting bunny to assume such a pose. Happy Easter
I've never heard any of your posing "bunny" stories.

Happy Easter.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:13 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 pm
As we all know, the Republican party is the one of tolerance and inclusion.

GOP lawmaker criticized for 'disrespectful' prayer as first Muslim woman is sworn into Pa. House

She will be tolerated and included when she accept the Truth. Good christians don't tolerate the devil or his lies.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:09 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:13 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 pm
As we all know, the Republican party is the one of tolerance and inclusion.

GOP lawmaker criticized for 'disrespectful' prayer as first Muslim woman is sworn into Pa. House

She will be tolerated and included when she accept the Truth. Good christians don't tolerate the devil or his lies.
This is a good example of why I don't pray; it only serves to piss somebody else off. Mud is accepting of all things, and requires no prayer. Mud just wants you to do the right thing. I think this PA legislator should be required to take a reMUDial course in not being as asshole.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:15 pm
Stay classy, Repugs.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm
I'm pretty sure you can get any sitting bunny to assume such a pose. Happy Easter
I've never heard any of your posing "bunny" stories.

Happy Easter.
One day I'll tell you about the ones I experimented with in the oven inducing varying levels of heat stroke. It was pretty traumatic, but strangely hypnotic to watch.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:14 pm

And remember, folks, while pondering this religious thread; everything that happens is due to one of two things:
1. god's will
2. something else

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Mud is eternal. No matter what you add to it, it's still Mud - except cement, which is a Satanic product.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:15 pm
Stay classy, Repugs.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm
I'm pretty sure you can get any sitting bunny to assume such a pose. Happy Easter
I've never heard any of your posing "bunny" stories.

Happy Easter.
One day I'll tell you about the ones I experimented with in the oven inducing varying levels of heat stroke. It was pretty traumatic, but strangely hypnotic to watch.
That is NOT the kind of posing "bunny" I'm referring to, and either way - ewww!
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:36 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:14 pm
And remember, folks, while pondering this religious thread; everything that happens is due to one of two things:
1. god's will
2. something else
Your deity?

Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:31 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:14 pm
And remember, folks, while pondering this religious thread; everything that happens is due to one of two things:
1. god's will
2. something else
Your deity?

Image
:wave:

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10382
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by O Really » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/quebec-bi ... -1.4355357

So Quebec is banning the wearing of religious symbols by public workers. Sounds OK on the surface - no religious symbols no matter the religion; all equal and properly secular, right? Problem is, if we considered this like a discrimination issue would be viewed in the US, we'd clearly find "disparate impact." Meaning that a rule that looks non-discriminatory on its face has a greater impact on some groups than others. In this instance, for someone who might wear a cross as a piece of jewelry the rule is an annoyance - but a bit more than that if you're a Muslim or Hasidic Jew. So certainly the law could be seen as blatantly anti-Muslim - saying in effect, "let's all inconvenience ourselves slightly so as to keep the Muslims with bags over their heads out of the public workforce."

What do you think?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:59 am

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am
... What do you think?
I'm appalled.

Image

Does the rule include Blue Jays caps and those stupid berets the wannabe Frogs wear?

More seriously: I think the silliness of wearing religious symbols is equaled by the silliness of getting upset over the wearing of religious symbols. I just don't see how a turban makes one more devout or less of a public servant. So, I guess taken to its logical conclusion I would oppose this rule but support a rule tolerating mocking.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:24 am

O Really wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/quebec-bi ... -1.4355357

So Quebec is banning the wearing of religious symbols by public workers. Sounds OK on the surface - no religious symbols no matter the religion; all equal and properly secular, right? Problem is, if we considered this like a discrimination issue would be viewed in the US, we'd clearly find "disparate impact." Meaning that a rule that looks non-discriminatory on its face has a greater impact on some groups than others. In this instance, for someone who might wear a cross as a piece of jewelry the rule is an annoyance - but a bit more than that if you're a Muslim or Hasidic Jew. So certainly the law could be seen as blatantly anti-Muslim - saying in effect, "let's all inconvenience ourselves slightly so as to keep the Muslims with bags over their heads out of the public workforce."

What do you think?
I think it's stupid....a rule looking for a violator. I think they should stick with the separation of church and state, not go with something sticky like this that intertwines them. You know, you could make a yarmulke by cutting out the top center portion of virtually any baseball cap. ok

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:28 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:24 am
... You know, you could make a yarmulke by cutting out the top center portion of virtually any baseball cap. ok
If you tell everybody that your baseball cap is really a tricked out yarmulke, will they have to ban baseball caps?

Is it within the rules if you disguise your turban to look like:

Image

And, is anyone ever going to look at your hair turban, anyhow?
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm

Exactly; it would start a vicious cycle of religious retribution and retaliation that would....well, never mind. We're there.
By the way, the best part of that photo above is not the big hair or glands, but the eyelashes on the headlight of the motorbike. :D

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm
Exactly; it would start a vicious cycle of religious retribution and retaliation that would....well, never mind. We're there.
By the way, the best part of that photo above is not the big hair or glands, but the eyelashes on the headlight of the motorbike. :D
You are probably not the target customer ;) , but that's some effective advertising.

Don't be distracted by the PVC, or the massive beehive, or her signature pout, Amy Childs is promoting her new false eyelashes!
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3194
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:16 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:53 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm
Exactly; it would start a vicious cycle of religious retribution and retaliation that would....well, never mind. We're there.
By the way, the best part of that photo above is not the big hair or glands, but the eyelashes on the headlight of the motorbike. :D
You are probably not the target customer ;) , but that's some effective advertising.

Don't be distracted by the PVC, or the massive beehive, or her signature pout, Amy Childs is promoting her new false eyelashes!
Yeah, I'm probably not the target; I don't dig fake tits, fake eyelashes, fake news, fake presidents, and fake religioso.
The best ads I know are the mayhem guy with Allstate; he's good

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10382
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by O Really » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:37 am

Could you wear a scarf on your head if you're not a Muslim? Or could you wear an anti-religious symbol, like an upside-down cross? If you wear body art, do you have to give an affidavit that you aren't a member of the Church of Body Modification? IMNVHO, they're creating a lot of problems that don't have to happen.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17354
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:58 am

We are often not so different in practice, even if our laws and regs are different:

Muslim soldier says command sergeant major forced her to remove hijab: ‘I feel violated'
O Really wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:37 am
Could you wear a scarf on your head if you're not a Muslim? Or could you wear an anti-religious symbol, like an upside-down cross? If you wear body art, do you have to give an affidavit that you aren't a member of the Church of Body Modification? IMNVHO, they're creating a lot of problems that don't have to happen.
Are Trudeau groupies or haters a religion?
https://www.etsy.com/in-en/market/trudeau_pin

ImageImageImageImageImage
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

Post Reply