Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:10 pm

'It's Okay To Be White' signs placed on East Tennessee State University's (Johnson City) campus

As always, the pitiful bigots are confirming that they are whiny perpetual victims.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:37 am

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:10 pm
'It's Okay To Be White' signs placed on East Tennessee State University's (Johnson City) campus

As always, the pitiful bigots are confirming that they are whiny perpetual victims.
I saw that story yesterday and had to cringe since I actually attended ETSU for a couple years in the early 80's. And the photo with the story is not on the campus of the university; don't know where they came up with it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:25 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:37 am
I saw that story yesterday and had to cringe since I actually attended ETSU for a couple years in the early 80's. And the photo with the story is not on the campus of the university; don't know where they came up with it.
They're all over the web when one googles images for: 'It's Okay To Be White'.

That one is the first one that appears for me, and it comes from the It's OK to be white Wiki page. Still no statement of locale.

Stephen Miller’s Affinity for White Nationalism Revealed in Leaked Emails

In the run-up to the 2016 election, White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller promoted white nationalist literature, pushed racist immigration stories and obsessed over the loss of Confederate symbols after Dylann Roof’s murderous rampage, according to leaked emails reviewed by Hatewatch (SPLC)....
No one is surprised by Stephen Miller, Breitbart, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham, bigoted and servile Trumpettes or racist 45SHOLE.

Ocasio-Cortez Calls On Stephen Miller To Resign Amid White Nationalist Email Leak

It's smart of AOC to be the first (I think) to call for ouster. She adds to her progressive cred and makes it LESS likely for him to leave. Thus, we get to point to the proven white supremacist in the WH for as long as he stays.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:33 pm

I like AOC, and agree with much of what she says. But it's not necessary for her to chime in on every leaf that falls.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:07 pm

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:33 pm
I like AOC, and agree with much of what she says. But it's not necessary for her to chime in on every leaf that falls.
Agreed, my post is specific to this one instance. I've wondered if she's overplaying it in general, but she's smart enough that maybe she knows what she's doing. There's got to be something to being one of the top 5 House names as a frosh, and true progressive (ie real Dem) standard bearers have been rare for awhile. We'll see if it goes well for her and the party or not.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?