israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23136
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Vrede too »

Continuing on the theme of Repugs trying to repress effective protest:
GOP congressman tried to amend tax code to report BDS supporters to IRS– and 12 Dems voted for it

During final consideration of a House bill regarding retirement savings, North Carolina Rep. Patrick McHenry offered a motion to recommit that would have required the legislation to be amended before it passed. McHenry was looking to add a section that would have required some individuals who boycott Israel to report that information to the IRS and potentially be penalized for it....

Despite the fact that McHenry tried to sneak the section in at the last minute without public debate or discussion, his amendment was defeated by just 20 votes. Not only did 188 Republicans vote for it, 12 Democrats broke ranks to back McHenry’s move: ...
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23136
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Vrede too »

Dozens of US Progressive Groups Urge Congress to Protect Boycott Rights

No surprise that the apologists for apartheid Israel detest free speech and association at home.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 7380
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:02 am
Dozens of US Progressive Groups Urge Congress to Protect Boycott Rights

No surprise that the apologists for apartheid Israel detest free speech and association at home.
Pretty amazing that another country, and a religious terrorist country at that, can dictate to the American people what we can and can not boycott. They can stick their damn soda stream up their fucking racist asses.
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:39 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:02 am
Dozens of US Progressive Groups Urge Congress to Protect Boycott Rights

No surprise that the apologists for apartheid Israel detest free speech and association at home.
Pretty amazing that another country, and a religious terrorist country at that, can dictate to the American people what we can and can not boycott. They can stick their damn soda stream up their fucking racist asses.
The Zionist tail has been wagging the American dog for decades now; it's just worse and more blatant now. trump has moved our embassy to Jerusalem and gotten a new Israeli housing development built on stolen land named for him. I read the other day that Israel has also planned to name some sort of military fort or outpost "Fort Trump."

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 7380
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Looks like we're going to war.


Is anyone suggesting that bebe is involved with the attacks on Saudi Arabia?
Or is this upcoming war for trump's re-election?
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm
Looks like we're going to war.


Is anyone suggesting that bebe is involved with the attacks on Saudi Arabia?
Or is this upcoming war for trump's re-election?
I predicted a couple months ago trump would engineer some sort of calamity that he thinks will ensure his re election. We still have a way to go.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23136
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:32 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 pm
Looks like we're going to war.

Is anyone suggesting that bebe is involved with the attacks on Saudi Arabia?
Or is this upcoming war for trump's re-election?
I predicted a couple months ago trump would engineer some sort of calamity that he thinks will ensure his re election. We still have a way to go.
People certainly are suggesting that Israel and Saudi Arabia are the tails wagging the US dog re Iran. Idk know about false flag suggestions like with the tankers. Haven't the Houthi rebels claimed responsibility?

There are some impediments to war - most think that it will be far more costly in lives, money, oil flow and the world's economy than Iraq was. Plus, it's not clear that lying 45SHOLE would get the same warrior bounce that other POTUSes have. We'll see.

Wow, Nuttyyahoo essentially lost:

Israel’s Election Sticks Netanyahu Between Indictments And Gridlocked Government
Benjamin Netanyahu failed to get a clear victory in Israel’s vote. What happens now?
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The Saudis have a long history of training with USAF pilots and they have bought hundreds of advanced jet fighters from the US. Why the hell can't they defend their own fucking interests? There is no way in hell that we should get involved in this. The Saudis should be capable of doing it themselves, with the same planes we would be using, the pilots trained in the US to operate those planes, and all the money they have to maintain those planes. There's just no way, unless they're just lazy or cowards, that they cannot defend their own country. It's just crazy that we would even consider military action because of this strike on their fucking oil facilities. Something is wrong here.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23136
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 pm
The Saudis have a long history of training with USAF pilots and they have bought hundreds of advanced jet fighters from the US. Why the hell can't they defend their own fucking interests? There is no way in hell that we should get involved in this. The Saudis should be capable of doing it themselves, with the same planes we would be using, the pilots trained in the US to operate those planes, and all the money they have to maintain those planes. There's just no way, unless they're just lazy or cowards, that they cannot defend their own country. It's just crazy that we would even consider military action because of this strike on their fucking oil facilities. Something is wrong here.
My understanding is that our Yemen role is airborne refueling, naval support, intel and resupply, not actually dropping the bombs.

Then, Iran might kick Saudi butt if those two fight. It sure seems that Saudi oil facilities are very vulnerable. Those will be the excuses for US action, but I agree with you.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:41 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 pm
The Saudis have a long history of training with USAF pilots and they have bought hundreds of advanced jet fighters from the US. Why the hell can't they defend their own fucking interests? There is no way in hell that we should get involved in this. The Saudis should be capable of doing it themselves, with the same planes we would be using, the pilots trained in the US to operate those planes, and all the money they have to maintain those planes. There's just no way, unless they're just lazy or cowards, that they cannot defend their own country. It's just crazy that we would even consider military action because of this strike on their fucking oil facilities. Something is wrong here.
My understanding is that our Yemen role is airborne refueling, naval support, intel and resupply, not actually dropping the bombs.

Then, Iran might kick Saudi butt if those two fight. It sure seems that Saudi oil facilities are very vulnerable. Those will be the excuses for US action, but I agree with you.
I'm not up on the Yemen situation, but as far as I know the Saudis have never been "at war" in any mode other than a bunch of camel jockeys with rifles fighting other camel jockeys with rifles. Their Yemen efforts are likely just with money for their surrogates there. Hell, until the 1920's the Saudis were in pitiful shape until American oil companies went over there and showed them how to make money. Aramco is the ultimate generational evolution of what we did there a hundred years ago. No idea what sort of deals were made once they took over the operation. Let them deal with it.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23136
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Vrede too »

The Houthi rebels are accused of being Irani surrogates, which is disputed.
The Yemeni "government" certainly is a surrogate for the Saudis. However, the Saudis are also taking a very active and direct role in perpetrating genocide with their own air and naval actions.
This means that the Saudis are also surrogates for the US and Israel vs. Iran.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:01 pm
The Houthi rebels are accused of being Irani surrogates, which is disputed.
The Yemeni "government" certainly is a surrogate for the Saudis. However, the Saudis are also taking a very active and direct role in perpetrating genocide with their own air and naval actions.
This means that the Saudis are also surrogates for the US and Israel vs. Iran.
I am never going to be any sort of advocate for the US to get involved in anything happening in Yemen or Somalia. Anything we do there will only benefit corporate interests anyway. Let them fight their own fights; the people in those countries are tribal and have always fought among themselves; it's what they do. The only thing I would support is sending a division of Allstate Mayhem guys in there.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 7380
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 pm
The Saudis have a long history of training with USAF pilots and they have bought hundreds of advanced jet fighters from the US. Why the hell can't they defend their own fucking interests? There is no way in hell that we should get involved in this. The Saudis should be capable of doing it themselves, with the same planes we would be using, the pilots trained in the US to operate those planes, and all the money they have to maintain those planes. There's just no way, unless they're just lazy or cowards, that they cannot defend their own country. It's just crazy that we would even consider military action because of this strike on their fucking oil facilities. Something is wrong here.

Those facilities are OUR profit centers. Same reason we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. Same reason we are in Saudi Arabia and all over the ME.
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 23136
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Vrede too »

U.S. Orders 2 Universities to Recast Tone on Israel

The Education Department has ordered Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to remake the Middle East studies program run jointly by the two schools after concluding that it was offering students a biased curriculum that, among other complaints, did not present enough “positive” imagery of Judaism and Christianity in the region.

In a rare instance of federal intervention in college course content, the department asserted that the universities’ Middle East program violated the standards of a federal program that awards funding to international studies and foreign language programs. The inquiry was part of a far-reaching investigation into the program by the department, which under Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, has become increasingly aggressive in going after perceived anti-Israel bias in higher education.

That focus appears to reflect the views of an agency leadership that includes a civil rights chief, Kenneth L. Marcus, who has made a career of pro-Israel advocacy and has waged a yearslong campaign to delegitimize and defund Middle East studies programs that he has criticized as rife with anti-Israel bias.

In this case, the department homed in on what officials saw as a program that focused on the region’s Muslim population at the expense of its religious minorities. In the North Carolina program’s outreach to elementary and secondary school students, the department said, there was “a considerable emphasis placed on the understanding the positive aspects of Islam, while there is an absolute absence of any similar focus on the positive aspects of Christianity, Judaism or any other religion or belief system in the Middle East.”

Too few of the Duke-UNC programs focused on “the historic discrimination faced by, and current circumstances of, religious minorities in the Middle East, including Christians, Jews, Baha’is, Yazidis, Kurds, Druze and others,” the department said....

Palestinian rights groups accused the Education Department of intimidation and infringing on academic freedom.

“They really want to send the message that if you want to criticize Israel, then the federal government is going to look very closely at your entire program and micromanage it to death,” said Zoha Khalili, a staff lawyer at Palestine Legal, one such group. The department’s intervention, she added, “sends a message to Middle Eastern studies programs that their continued existence depends on their willingness to toe the government line on Israel.” ...

But some groups came to the defense of the Middle East studies consortium. Tallie Ben Daniel, research and education manager at Jewish Voice for Peace, a liberal group that advocates Palestinian rights, said the investigation was the latest attempt by the Trump administration “to enforce a neoconservative agenda onto spaces of academic inquiry and exploration.” She called the consortium’s curriculum “ rich and diverse.” ...
:obscene-birdiered:

The message is clear: The truth about Israel is not PC enough for POSPOTUS and DeVos.

I wonder if Trumpettes are sure they like the idea of the Big Brother feds enforcing curriculum. They should be careful what they wish for. We won't have a RWNJ in the WH forever.

DeVos has a difficult job competing with Barr, David L. Bernhardt, Bolton, Jim Bridenstine, Carson, Ken Cuccinelli, Gina Haspel, Neil Jacobs, Kathy Kraninger, Larry Kudlow, Joseph Maguire, Kevin McAleenan, Mnuchin, Mark Morgan, Ajit Pai, William Pendley, Sonny Perdue, Perry, Pompeo, Wilbur Ross and Andrew R. Wheeler for WORST agency head.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

When I read about this online yesterday I just had to roll my eyes and think; "great; one more step down the path to fascism."

PeacefulPartier
Red Shirt
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by PeacefulPartier »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm
after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years

and especially when you got some scribbling on some scrap of sheep skin that proves your sky fairy gave you the land to steal and plunder - I believe there was some raping and pillaging that went on too





http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/12/03

Israel's retaliatory moves against the Palestinians for receiving new statehood status at the UN last week have now earned their own rebuke, as world governments say that the Israeli's newly announced plan to build more than 3,000 new settlement homes in the occupied West Bank is a threat to the peace process
When exactly is this war coming?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 7380
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

PeacefulPartier wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm
after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years

and especially when you got some scribbling on some scrap of sheep skin that proves your sky fairy gave you the land to steal and plunder - I believe there was some raping and pillaging that went on too





http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/12/03

Israel's retaliatory moves against the Palestinians for receiving new statehood status at the UN last week have now earned their own rebuke, as world governments say that the Israeli's newly announced plan to build more than 3,000 new settlement homes in the occupied West Bank is a threat to the peace process
When exactly is this war coming?

Let me ask Q.
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by neoplacebo »

PeacefulPartier wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm
after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years

and especially when you got some scribbling on some scrap of sheep skin that proves your sky fairy gave you the land to steal and plunder - I believe there was some raping and pillaging that went on too





http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/12/03

Israel's retaliatory moves against the Palestinians for receiving new statehood status at the UN last week have now earned their own rebuke, as world governments say that the Israeli's newly announced plan to build more than 3,000 new settlement homes in the occupied West Bank is a threat to the peace process
When exactly is this war coming?
Sometime between now and September 2020 says my thousand dollars.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 7380
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:47 am
PeacefulPartier wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm
after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years

and especially when you got some scribbling on some scrap of sheep skin that proves your sky fairy gave you the land to steal and plunder - I believe there was some raping and pillaging that went on too





http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/12/03

Israel's retaliatory moves against the Palestinians for receiving new statehood status at the UN last week have now earned their own rebuke, as world governments say that the Israeli's newly announced plan to build more than 3,000 new settlement homes in the occupied West Bank is a threat to the peace process
When exactly is this war coming?
Sometime between now and September 2020 says my thousand dollars.
I thought it started when that homeless wandering genocidal freak Moses looked down on the peaceful inhabitants and said, "get off my land, God said that I can kill you and rape your daughters".
"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."
Jonathan Swift

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 12105
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by O Really »

"When is the war coming?" A better question would be has it ever ended. There are times where there is more shooting and bombing than other times, and there have been times of uneasy truce to reload and regenerate reasons to hate everybody not you, but it hasn't ended for centuries.

Post Reply