COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Commander

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by Ulysses »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:39 pm
Provo used to have a really good flag until they ruined it. The city name with the rainbow thing underneath had a very MS Paint aesthetic to it.

https://www.flagpolesetc.com/blog/ten-w ... ted-states

I've been to Provo. The flag is actually the best part of that dump.
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear:"
Now we know how.

How scary is this and can anything be done about it?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think he should sacrifice himself for the economy and trump. A show of loyalty so to speak.

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Wow, that is some express karma. God has joined the resistance.

Comments:
Would it be fair to say that a Chuck Woolery's heartfelt conversion is The Price Is Right? I hope this quick and dizzying change of philosophy for Chuck doesn't affect his Concentration. He needs to keep his wits about him in order to prevent a republican Family Feud. For Chuck to admit he made a mistake and is now asking, hey ..... Let's Make A Deal, is mighty big of him!
That is too bad. It was my understanding that medical experts around the world were contacting Dr. Woolery for his input on difficult medical issues. I guess the guy in the White House will need to contact Bob Eubanks or Pat Sajak for future Coronavirus advice.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Personally, I'd rather they contact Alex Trebek.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Coronavirus: Georgia governor voids mandatory mask orders for 15 cities, counties

:roll: :x

Comments:
GOP has become a Suicide Cult.
Sounds like CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE…For purposely endangering his constituents with Covid by banning health/infection saving measure!
How many times a day does he have to wash his hands to get the blood off?
Is he trying to lower the population of Georgia?
Start printing more Darwin Awards. Georgia needs them!
Rep. have become a hysterical, unreasoning death cult.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hW982QwmM
Man at the centre of racist, anti-mask tirade at Mississauga (Ontario) supermarket turns himself in

... “Where did we get our Wuhan communist virus? From China, from you guys. The communist virus,” he can be heard yelling at the employee, who responds by telling the customer, repeatedly, that he is Canadian.

The man was asked to leave and eventually left the grocery store and did not return.

Police said 48-year-old John McCash, wanted for a hate crime, turned himself into investigators at 11 Division in Mississauga on Thursday.

McCash was served with a Summons to turn himself in to any Peel Regional Police station. McCash is now charged with causing a disturbance and has a court date set for Sept. 25.

“Hate-crime incidents have a negative impact on our community and create a ripple effect,” Peel Police Chief Nishan Duraiappah said.

“It can increase feelings of vulnerability, anxiety and fear, not only on the individual who has directly been victimized, but also to the community at large. Reporting incidents of hate-crime is essential to stopping these incidents; we are dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of all we serve.” ...
:---P
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Sheldon Cooper Fun With Flags

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The state flag of Georgia

I'm not sure why Chuck Lorre did use this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_G ... .S._state)

The first Confederate flag

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_o ... of_America

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hW982QwmM
Man at the centre of racist, anti-mask tirade at Mississauga (Ontario) supermarket turns himself in

... “Where did we get our Wuhan communist virus? From China, from you guys. The communist virus,” he can be heard yelling at the employee, who responds by telling the customer, repeatedly, that he is Canadian.

The man was asked to leave and eventually left the grocery store and did not return.

Police said 48-year-old John McCash, wanted for a hate crime, turned himself into investigators at 11 Division in Mississauga on Thursday.

McCash was served with a Summons to turn himself in to any Peel Regional Police station. McCash is now charged with causing a disturbance and has a court date set for Sept. 25.

“Hate-crime incidents have a negative impact on our community and create a ripple effect,” Peel Police Chief Nishan Duraiappah said.

“It can increase feelings of vulnerability, anxiety and fear, not only on the individual who has directly been victimized, but also to the community at large. Reporting incidents of hate-crime is essential to stopping these incidents; we are dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of all we serve.” ...
:---P
Justin needs to talk to trump. There are good people, fine people on both sides.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Georgia does have a CSA flag and IMO it should be changed, but I'm missing the Chuck Lorre connection.
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Justin needs to talk to trump. There are good people, fine people on both sides.
My link did not mention Trudeau, but this is what you're referring to:
https://www.cp24.com/news/police-issue- ... -1.5026030
... The video has garnered a lot of attention from high-profile politicians such as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who took to social media last week to say the rant was “hard to watch.”

“We all have a responsibility to call out racism and discrimination - so call it out whenever and wherever you see it,” Trudeau said...
Good idea, PINO would straighten him out. :D
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:54 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Georgia does have a CSA flag and IMO it should be changed, but I'm missing the Chuck Lorre connection.
You must not be a Big Bang fan.

Sheldon and Amy had a podcast called Fun With Flags where Sheldon explained flags and their symbolism.

This would have made a great episode and considerably tamer than some of his vanity cards at the end of his shows.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Sheldon and Amy had a podcast called Fun With Flags where Sheldon explained flags and their symbolism.

This would have made a great episode and considerably tamer than some of his vanity cards at the end of his shows.
I am a super fan of The Big Bang Theory, but you posted: "Chuck Lorre did use this". Now, you're saying, accurately, that he didn't.

I don't think TBBT ever got very political, and GA's flag would have highlighted the fact that the only Black character is the very rarely appearing HR director.
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:26 pm

I am a super fan of The Big Bang Theory, but you posted: "Chuck Lorre did use this". Now, you're saying, accurately, that he didn't.

I don't think TBBT ever got very political, and GA's flag would have highlighted the fact that the only Black character is the very rarely appearing HR director.
Sorry, typo

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

COVIDiot in Chief

The lame response to Fauci throwing out the Nats' first pitch on the same day:
Trump makes pitch for masks, but plays catch without one as Little Leaguers visit White House

President Trump on Thursday reiterated his call for all U.S. citizens to wear a mask to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, which has killed more than 144,000 Americans and infected more than 4 million.

But minutes later, Trump was seen posing for pictures and tossing a baseball with Little Leaguers on the South Lawn of the White House. No one was wearing a mask.

"We ask all Americans to exercise vigilance, practice social distancing, wear a mask, do whatever is necessary so we get rid of this horrible situation," Trump said at a press briefing late Thursday afternoon....
:roll: This article doesn't say where the team is from, but I don't see any blacks or obvious Latinos on it.

Trump son's virus-shuttered school won't reopen fully

President Donald Trump wants US schools closed by the coronavirus pandemic to reopen fully, but the private school attended by his son Barron won't be one of them, its principal said Friday.

St. Andrew's Episcopal School, just outside Washington in the state of Maryland, said it is still deciding whether to teach fully online in the new school year or to adopt a "hybrid" model in which limited numbers of children can attend in person.

However, there will be no full reopening.

School head Robert Kosasky and assistant David Brown said they would decide in the week of August 10.

"We will continue to follow guidance of appropriate health officials and refine both our hybrid and distance learning plans," their statement said.
NOT follow the guidance of PINO. :---P

My childhood county:
... St. Andrew's is in Potomac, Maryland, part of Montgomery County, one of the country's major school districts to have recently announced it will stick to online teaching through the winter.
Supposedly, kids <10 years old are less likely to have severe cases and less likely to transmit CV-19 to others, while kids >10 years old are as likely to transmit as adults. So, one "hybrid" could be to only have in-school instruction for pre-school to 9 or 10 years old. Barron is 14.
-- Voltaire

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's the weekend in the northwest boondocks. Two neighbouring rigs showed up and are set up for guests, and at each one, there are about 8-10 people with their heads close together over their food, hugging, high-fiving, not a mask to be seen or any remote effort at distancing. When they're through, some will leave, but they'll still stuff more people into the coaches than they were designed to sleep. This is what causes about 25% of outbreaks, behind only bars and only slightly ahead of church events. We're not ever going to get out of this mess.