COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Commander

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:38 am
It's the weekend in the northwest boondocks. Two neighbouring rigs showed up and are set up for guests, and at each one, there are about 8-10 people with their heads close together over their food, hugging, high-fiving, not a mask to be seen or any remote effort at distancing. When they're through, some will leave, but they'll still stuff more people into the coaches than they were designed to sleep. This is what causes about 25% of outbreaks, behind only bars and only slightly ahead of church events. We're not ever going to get out of this mess.
So when is the average human life expectancy going to drop to, say, 60?
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:38 am
It's the weekend in the northwest boondocks. Two neighbouring rigs showed up and are set up for guests, and at each one, there are about 8-10 people with their heads close together over their food, hugging, high-fiving, not a mask to be seen or any remote effort at distancing. When they're through, some will leave, but they'll still stuff more people into the coaches than they were designed to sleep. This is what causes about 25% of outbreaks, behind only bars and only slightly ahead of church events. We're not ever going to get out of this mess.
So when is the average human life expectancy going to drop to, say, 60?
Interesting question, and an answer would depend on whether "life expectancy" means the average age at which a person croaks or the typical age one might be expected to live. Lady O and I like to wander in old cemetaries - really old, like with American revolution people in the US, and you find a surprising number of people who lived well into their 80's or so, but a larger number of people who died much younger - including kids, women in childbirth age, war veterans, etc. So if you have a lot of people dying young, it will bring down the life expectancy on average, but anybody who manages to live to, say, 45 or so has a good chance of living to 80.

The covid does kill off more old people than young ones, but that wouldn't bring down the life expectancy because they're already old. "Hey, we told you you could expect to live to 75 and here you are at 75. Don't be picky about what kills you, it could be worse than covid." However, it's now the 20-40 age people who are getting the most infections and even if they aren't dying in the number of the geezers, many will develop long-term issues from the covid and shorten their lives. So if we're going with the average for life expectancy, and younger people keep being idiots over not taking reasonable precautions to avoid covid, then life expectancy should indeed start to drop.

On the other hand, if those bringing down the average are Republicans who don't allow for proven ways of controlling the virus or people who just insist on assembling in big groups and partying like it was 1999, then it's not much loss.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm more worried about the dramatic decrease in IQ.

Mom Influencers on Instagram Are Spreading Anti-Mask Propaganda

A face mask is part of the 'scamdemic,' they say. But they'll be happy to sell you one

:crazy: :angry-banghead: :crazy: :angry-banghead:

I was going to excerpt, but there's too much stupidity to choose from. Thanks, PINO.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:39 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm
Ten days after attending the Tulsa rally.
And a stage 4 cancer survivor? Wow.
It gets even better.

Mere hours later he was hospitalized for CV-19.

Just in case anyone was wondering, or cared.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Herman Cain :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Too depressing for me, but might interest some of y'all:
Frontline
new episode
tonight, 10:00 PM (ET) on UNCTV 9 (PBS), 1 hr 2020 TV-MA
Season 38 • Episode 23 • United States of Conspiracy • documentary / current affairs

As COVID-19 has spread, so, too, have and conspiracy theories about the virus — amplified by figures like Alex Jones, and proliferating on social media and even at the highest levels of government.
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Didn't he spend the day yesterday with Gym Jordan, Gaetz etc?

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:19 am

We can only hope. But the good part is that he fershure didn't spend it with P Lo or probably anybody other than fellow troglodytes

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:16 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm
Ten days after attending the Tulsa rally.
And a stage 4 cancer survivor? Wow.
And 74 years old.

No social distancing, no masks, hmm what could go wrong?
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:32 pm
Just in case anyone was wondering, or cared.
In late July 2020, Cain died of complications of COVID-19.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/herman-c ... ll-brknews
... Cain joined Trump in actively campaigning against masks. In a tweet sent just before he was admitted to the hospital earlier this month, he praised Trump’s decision not to mandate mask-wearing at the president’s July 4 outdoor rally at Mount Rushmore.

“Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump,” Cain wrote. “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!”

The tweet was deleted after his death Thursday.
Opps. PINO killed Cain.
... Earlier this week, Cain’s team suggested he was on the mend, describing his “organs and systems” as “strong” and thanking people for their prayers.

“Thank you for praying, everyone,” a statement shared on his Twitter account read. “Please keep doing it. He really is getting better, which means it is working.”
Depends on what they were praying for. :twisted:

Silver linings:
But, "his other organs and systems are strong."
He was taken to the funeral home in 30 minutes or less.
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

No mention of the virus. Asshat.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:16 pm
"I just got off..."

TMI
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:21 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:16 pm
"I just got off..."

TMI
Ewwww.

Of course, between the stroke, the meds, the diet, the weight, the stress and, much to Melania's relief that probably hasn't happened for quite some time.

No wonder he's always pissed off.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:

Trump loyalist who tested positive for coronavirus is America’s ‘dumbest’ congressman, says Lincoln Project co-founder

The co-founder of Republican anti-Trump group The Lincoln Project has called congressman Louie Gohmert ”America’s craziest and dumbest congressman”, following confirmation he tested positive for coronavirus.

Steve Schmidt co-founded the Republican political action committee that is aiming to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump, alongside George Conway, the husband of the president’s adviser Kellyanne Conway.

The 50-year-old worked on the political campaigns of former US president George W Bush, former Republican presidential nominee John McCain and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, before setting up the group.

Mr Gohmert tested positive for Covid-19 on Wednesday during a routine test before he was scheduled to take a trip to Texas with the president, amid a major spike in cases in his home state....
My first thought on seeing the headline:
“And he’s not competing in an era where there’s not a lot of other competition. In the era of crazy, right, this is like Ali, Foreman and Frazier, the big time great heavyweights all fighting each other,” Mr Schmidt said referencing some of the country’s greatest ever heavyweight boxers.

“So he’s got a lot of competition in that space, and this is just a person who, when you think about Louie Gohmert, you think about America’s crazy people.”
Yeah, Gohmert wins:
... The congressman added that he has worn a face mask more in the last couple of weeks then he has in the four months since the pandemic hit the US.

“I can’t help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place if I might have put some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in. I don’t know,” he added....
:angry-banghead:
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

I know it's akin to being the king 👑of the dipshits, but the pubs have some extraordinary dipshits.

How's one to choose?

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:52 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Trump loyalist who tested positive for coronavirus is America’s ‘dumbest’ congressman, says Lincoln Project co-founder

The co-founder of Republican anti-Trump group The Lincoln Project has called congressman Louie Gohmert ”America’s craziest and dumbest congressman”, following confirmation he tested positive for coronavirus.

Steve Schmidt co-founded the Republican political action committee that is aiming to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump, alongside George Conway, the husband of the president’s adviser Kellyanne Conway.

The 50-year-old worked on the political campaigns of former US president George W Bush, former Republican presidential nominee John McCain and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, before setting up the group.

Mr Gohmert tested positive for Covid-19 on Wednesday during a routine test before he was scheduled to take a trip to Texas with the president, amid a major spike in cases in his home state....
My first thought on seeing the headline:
“And he’s not competing in an era where there’s not a lot of other competition. In the era of crazy, right, this is like Ali, Foreman and Frazier, the big time great heavyweights all fighting each other,” Mr Schmidt said referencing some of the country’s greatest ever heavyweight boxers.

“So he’s got a lot of competition in that space, and this is just a person who, when you think about Louie Gohmert, you think about America’s crazy people.”
Yeah, Gohmert wins:
... The congressman added that he has worn a face mask more in the last couple of weeks then he has in the four months since the pandemic hit the US.

“I can’t help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place if I might have put some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in. I don’t know,” he added....
:angry-banghead:
Reading between the lines I see why trump doesn't need to wear a mask - everyone who is to come into contact with him is tested 24 hrs before.

GoCubsGo
Commander

When does it become ok for me to wish coronavirus on someone?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 pm
When does it become ok for me to wish coronavirus on someone?
I started in March. :twisted:
-- Voltaire