The Karen Collection

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Karen Collection

Unread post by Vrede too »

viewtopic.php?p=123861#p123861
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:07 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm
Karen goes all Qanon on the merchandise

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/arizon ... mask-rack/
Thanks. I got stymied by the pay wall. Here, in case the same happens to others:

Arizona woman claiming she’s Trump’s spokesperson goes nuts at local Target and attacks face mask rack

:crazy:
Arizona woman who destroyed Target mask display in viral video says she regrets behavior

Melissa Rein Lively's spiral in an Arizona Target was caught on video for all to see. She recorded herself destroying a mask display in early July – something she now says she regrets and is in treatment for mental illness.

In an exclusive interview with USA TODAY, Rein Lively, the CEO and founder of a public relations firm, said she lost all of her clients and her husband filed for divorce after the videos of her expletive-filled rants went viral.

"I think mental illness has been really something that has not been addressed as a result of this pandemic," she said. "Because what happened to me was scary and it changed my life forever. I felt I had absolutely no control over my actions."

After her manic meltdown in the store, Rein Lively said she was taken for a psychiatric evaluation after her husband called police from their home. She said she stayed in a mental health facility for over a week.
Could be a Karen-excuse, but it's also plausible that this was a manic episode.
... "I can absolutely see that how I acted was unbelievably inappropriate not to mention classless and just completely out of character for how I conduct myself, professionally and personally," she said....

Rein Lively said she now wears masks.

"I certainly want to respect others in the community and follow whatever mandates," she said. "I understand you know that masks are necessary for business to continue to operate which for me was obviously you know, my biggest frustration all this."
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://m-huffpost-com.cdn.ampproject.o ... d47311003b

"The National Republican Congressional Committee caused a stir among conservatives on Twitter Monday when it called right-wing commentator Kurt Schlichter a “Karen'"

Funny comments from many sides

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:58 pm
Looking more and more likely that Ellen is really a Karen.
Her response in a letter to staff:

Ellen DeGeneres addresses workplace toxicity allegations, takes 'responsibility': 'My name is on the show'

Good words, we'll see if action matches them.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:27 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:58 pm
Looking more and more likely that Ellen is really a Karen.
Her response in a letter to staff:

Ellen DeGeneres addresses workplace toxicity allegations, takes 'responsibility': 'My name is on the show'

Good words, we'll see if action matches them.
Rings of crocodile tears, but as you said we'll see. She's got a lot to lose.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Biden is seriously considering a "Karen" for VP, apparently. Not a good choice, IMNVHO.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ight-pick/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:09 pm
Biden is seriously considering a "Karen" for VP, apparently. Not a good choice, IMNVHO.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ight-pick/
I expect and want Biden to pick the woman that his polling says will help him win the best. A big part of that will be voter perceptions of policy history and ability to be POTUS in 2025 or sooner.

She seems qualified, but is not from a swing state.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Bass

Why don't you like her?
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:57 am
Rings of crocodile tears, but as you said we'll see. She's got a lot to lose.
Brad Garrett, Ray's brother Robert Barone on “Everybody Loves Raymond":

Article

Worth noting that most of the staff complaints began after Ellen halted studio production in March. Anger over layoffs or freedom to speak once laid off? Idk.
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Haven't people been complaining about Ellen for years? I've never watched the show, but have heard criticisms for years, or I dreamed it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Haven't people been complaining about Ellen for years? I've never watched the show, but have heard criticisms for years, or I dreamed it.
I don't think so other than right-wingers and homophobes, but you could be correct.
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:34 pm
I don't think so other than right-wingers and homophobes, but you could be correct.
Not me. It could have been just one person. I've never watched Ellen and never kept up with her news. She seems friendly enough in her commercials

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Attacking A Retail Worker Enforcing Face Masks Is Now Aggravated Battery In Illinois

A new Illinois law signed by Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Friday has made it a felony to assault retail workers who are enforcing the use of face masks and other public health guidance.

Illinois Senate Bill 471 targets anyone “assaulting or battering a retail worker who is conveying public health guidance, such as requiring patrons to wear face-coverings or promoting social distancing,” according to a statement from the governor’s office.

Offenders can be charged with aggravated battery, which is generally categorized as a Class 3 felony in the state and can result in prison sentences of two to five years as well as fines of up to $25,000....
Lock violent anti-masker Karens and Kens up!
-- Voltaire