Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Captain

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Yeah, CAT's not much of a thinker. It's just not his game, I guess. The term "gadfly" comes to mind.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:18 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm
Yeah, CAT's not much of a thinker. It's just not his game, I guess. The term "gadfly" comes to mind.
I was thinking more along the lines of "magpie" than gadfly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Botfly.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:13 pm
You'll never get a response without a meme or some religious psychobabble bullshit or both from the self righteous knows all and sees all (of what he's memorized from right wing media) numero uno fat can. Has no ability to reason nor ability for critical thinking. They should name a fucking school after him and set it on fire on opening day.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

O Really
Captain

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:18 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of "magpie" than gadfly.
Nope. Magpies are beautiful and ..."Magpies are birds of the Corvidae family. The black and white Eurasian magpie is widely considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world and one of only a few non-mammal species able to recognize itself in a mirror test"

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Opps! I was thinking about the cartoons I'd seen as a kid in which two magpies scheme to foul up others by trickery. Magpies are also known for collecting shiny objects and sucking other birds' eggs as well. I guess you have to look good if you're engaged in treachery.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:49 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 pm
Nope. Magpies are beautiful and ..."Magpies are birds of the Corvidae family. The black and white Eurasian magpie is widely considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world and one of only a few non-mammal species able to recognize itself in a mirror test"
I believe that it's a legit pic, but don't the wings look painted?

The Intelligence of Crows and Magpies
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm
... I guess you have to look good if you're engaged in treachery.
Human reproduction has depended on it since before we were human. I'll even bet that the first alcohol was produced by someone ugly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:33 pm

60 Minutes: Season 51, Episode 37
High Velocity; This Is No Ordinary Lawsuit; Paul McCartney

The AR 15-style rifle's impact on the protocols of first responders and emergency rooms;
:cry: Well made report, in parts shocking even to me. Should be available on YT, CBS or elsewhere online soon.
and a lawsuit filed by children against the federal government regarding climate change.
Good so far.
Also: Paul McCartney.

1 CAT FAN
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am

O Really disapproves, then travels around with a gun. Neo thinks that firing a gun in a large crowd is a good idea. Then there's Vrede, who should never be allowed near a gun.
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 am

To: Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net, contactgov@nc.gov, Chuck.Edwards@ncleg.net
    Cc: publicschoolsfirstnc@gmail.com, ncgv@ncgv.org
    Subject: Guns

Hi,

Please vote no on HB 499. 18 year olds with no training or background checks should not be allowed to carry concealed weapons in North Carolina and volunteers should not be able to carry guns into our children’s schools.

Sincerely,
    (Vrede too)
    ncgv = North Carolinians Against Gun Violence

neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am

1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am
    O Really disapproves, then travels around with a gun. Neo thinks that firing a gun in a large crowd is a good idea. Then there's Vrede, who should never be allowed near a gun.quote]
    Nope, I did not advocate firing guns into crowds; I only pointed out that in a lot of Middle Eastern countries folks shoot guns into the air to celebrate various occasions and that no one panics or stampedes because of it. Their ideas of gun control are sort of in line with yours was the underlying point. A further point is that the majority of those guns are fully automatic which also alludes to your perspectives on gun control. You remind me of a line from the Beatles song "Come Together"........"got to be good looking 'cause he's so hard to see."

O Really
    Captain

Unread post by O Really » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am

"O Really disapproves" of what, exactly? Not responsible ownership of weapons, nor use of those weapons appropriately when necessary. And I don't advocate for any regulation or restriction that I wouldn't gladly comply with. Registration of firearms - sure; limits on number of firearms owned? Yep; limits on firearm capability? of course. Steep criminal and civil liability for negligence resulting in somebody getting shot? Why not? Loss of right to have firearms after domestic violence? Heck yes.

Oh wait, maybe "O Really disapproves" of lax enforcement of existing law, ridiculous ease of acquiring lethal weapons, and ownership of a majority of Congress by NRA, resulting in laws (or lack of) that support NRA and gun-industry demands and ignore the safety of the public. Oh yeah - O Really really disapproves.

Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am

O Really wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    O Really disapproves, then travels around with a gun.
    "O Really disapproves" of what, exactly? ...
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Neo thinks that firing a gun in a large crowd is a good idea.
    Nope, I did not advocate firing guns into crowds ...
    Whiny illiterates and imbeciles like ammosexual 1 FAT CAN should never be allowed near a gun.
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Then there's Vrede, who should never be allowed near a gun.
    Big of you to finally grow a pair and admit that there are limits to the 2nd. :clap:

1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am

O Really wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am
    "O Really disapproves" of what, exactly? Not responsible ownership of weapons, nor use of those weapons appropriately when necessary. And I don't advocate for any regulation or restriction that I wouldn't gladly comply with. Registration of firearms - sure; limits on number of firearms owned? Yep; limits on firearm capability? of course. Steep criminal and civil liability for negligence resulting in somebody getting shot? Why not? Loss of right to have firearms after domestic violence? Heck yes.

Oh wait, maybe "O Really disapproves" of lax enforcement of existing law, ridiculous ease of acquiring lethal weapons, and ownership of a majority of Congress by NRA, resulting in laws (or lack of) that support NRA and gun-industry demands and ignore the safety of the public. Oh yeah - O Really really disapproves.
    You're a good, gun owning law abiding citizen, thanks.
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:06 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am
    Nope, I did not advocate firing guns into crowds; I only pointed out that in a lot of Middle Eastern countries folks shoot guns into the air to celebrate various occasions and that no one panics or stampedes because of it.
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm
    If I take the T tops off I can fire and drive at the same time; shoot birds on the fly, blast hell out of road signs I don't like or consider to be in error; the possibilities are endless.
    Cancel that trip to NY Times Square. You were just being silly again. It's sad, what happened in Toronto.

1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Vrede too wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am
    Big of you to finally grow a pair and admit that there are limits to the 2nd.
    Seriously, you should never be allowed near a gun.

billy.pilgrim
      Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm

1 CAT FAN wrote:
      Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm
      Vrede too wrote:
        Why?
        George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Seriously, whiny illiterates and imbeciles like ammosexual 1 FAT CAN should never be allowed near a gun.

1 CAT FAN
        Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
        Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm
        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm
        Vrede too wrote:
          Why?
          He doesn't need more motivation from medicinal marijuana.

O Really
          Captain

Unread post by O Really » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58 pm

"Yeah, the shooter was hyped up high on marijuana" said nobody ever.

1 CAT FAN
          Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:03 pm

O Really wrote:
          Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58 pm
          "Yeah, the shooter was hyped up high on marijuana" said nobody ever.
          Don't you give billy any ideas.