Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10522
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Yeah, CAT's not much of a thinker. It's just not his game, I guess. The term "gadfly" comes to mind.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3356
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:18 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm
Yeah, CAT's not much of a thinker. It's just not his game, I guess. The term "gadfly" comes to mind.
I was thinking more along the lines of "magpie" than gadfly.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17846
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Botfly.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:13 pm
You'll never get a response without a meme or some religious psychobabble bullshit or both from the self righteous knows all and sees all (of what he's memorized from right wing media) numero uno fat can. Has no ability to reason nor ability for critical thinking. They should name a fucking school after him and set it on fire on opening day.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10522
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:18 pm
O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 pm
Yeah, CAT's not much of a thinker. It's just not his game, I guess. The term "gadfly" comes to mind.
I was thinking more along the lines of "magpie" than gadfly.
Nope. Magpies are beautiful and ..."Magpies are birds of the Corvidae family. The black and white Eurasian magpie is widely considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world and one of only a few non-mammal species able to recognize itself in a mirror test"

Image

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3356
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Opps! I was thinking about the cartoons I'd seen as a kid in which two magpies scheme to foul up others by trickery. Magpies are also known for collecting shiny objects and sucking other birds' eggs as well. I guess you have to look good if you're engaged in treachery.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17846
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:49 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:14 pm
Nope. Magpies are beautiful and ..."Magpies are birds of the Corvidae family. The black and white Eurasian magpie is widely considered one of the most intelligent animals in the world and one of only a few non-mammal species able to recognize itself in a mirror test"
I believe that it's a legit pic, but don't the wings look painted?

The Intelligence of Crows and Magpies
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm
... I guess you have to look good if you're engaged in treachery.
Human reproduction has depended on it since before we were human. I'll even bet that the first alcohol was produced by someone ugly.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 17846
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:33 pm

60 Minutes: Season 51, Episode 37
High Velocity; This Is No Ordinary Lawsuit; Paul McCartney


The AR 15-style rifle's impact on the protocols of first responders and emergency rooms;
:cry: Well made report, in parts shocking even to me. Should be available on YT, CBS or elsewhere online soon.
and a lawsuit filed by children against the federal government regarding climate change.
Good so far.
Also: Paul McCartney.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am

O Really disapproves, then travels around with a gun. Neo thinks that firing a gun in a large crowd is a good idea. Then there's Vrede, who should never be allowed near a gun.
    Image
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 17846
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 am

    To: Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net, contactgov@nc.gov, Chuck.Edwards@ncleg.net
    Cc: publicschoolsfirstnc@gmail.com, ncgv@ncgv.org
    Subject: Guns

    Hi,

    Please vote no on HB 499. 18 year olds with no training or background checks should not be allowed to carry concealed weapons in North Carolina and volunteers should not be able to carry guns into our children’s schools.

    Sincerely,
    (Vrede too)
    ncgv = North Carolinians Against Gun Violence
    It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

    User avatar
    neoplacebo
    Admiral of the Fleet
    Posts: 3356
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
    Location: Kingsport TN

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am

    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am
    O Really disapproves, then travels around with a gun. Neo thinks that firing a gun in a large crowd is a good idea. Then there's Vrede, who should never be allowed near a gun.quote]
    Nope, I did not advocate firing guns into crowds; I only pointed out that in a lot of Middle Eastern countries folks shoot guns into the air to celebrate various occasions and that no one panics or stampedes because of it. Their ideas of gun control are sort of in line with yours was the underlying point. A further point is that the majority of those guns are fully automatic which also alludes to your perspectives on gun control. You remind me of a line from the Beatles song "Come Together"........"got to be good looking 'cause he's so hard to see."

    User avatar
    O Really
    Captain
    Posts: 10522
    Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by O Really » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am

    "O Really disapproves" of what, exactly? Not responsible ownership of weapons, nor use of those weapons appropriately when necessary. And I don't advocate for any regulation or restriction that I wouldn't gladly comply with. Registration of firearms - sure; limits on number of firearms owned? Yep; limits on firearm capability? of course. Steep criminal and civil liability for negligence resulting in somebody getting shot? Why not? Loss of right to have firearms after domestic violence? Heck yes.

    Oh wait, maybe "O Really disapproves" of lax enforcement of existing law, ridiculous ease of acquiring lethal weapons, and ownership of a majority of Congress by NRA, resulting in laws (or lack of) that support NRA and gun-industry demands and ignore the safety of the public. Oh yeah - O Really really disapproves.

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 17846
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am

    O Really wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am
    O Really disapproves, then travels around with a gun.
    "O Really disapproves" of what, exactly? ...
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am
    Neo thinks that firing a gun in a large crowd is a good idea.
    Nope, I did not advocate firing guns into crowds ...
    Whiny illiterates and imbeciles like ammosexual 1 FAT CAN should never be allowed near a gun.
    1 CAT FAN wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am
    Then there's Vrede, who should never be allowed near a gun.
    Big of you to finally grow a pair and admit that there are limits to the 2nd. :clap:
    It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

    User avatar
    1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Posts: 603
    Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am

    O Really wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 am
    "O Really disapproves" of what, exactly? Not responsible ownership of weapons, nor use of those weapons appropriately when necessary. And I don't advocate for any regulation or restriction that I wouldn't gladly comply with. Registration of firearms - sure; limits on number of firearms owned? Yep; limits on firearm capability? of course. Steep criminal and civil liability for negligence resulting in somebody getting shot? Why not? Loss of right to have firearms after domestic violence? Heck yes.

    Oh wait, maybe "O Really disapproves" of lax enforcement of existing law, ridiculous ease of acquiring lethal weapons, and ownership of a majority of Congress by NRA, resulting in laws (or lack of) that support NRA and gun-industry demands and ignore the safety of the public. Oh yeah - O Really really disapproves.
    You're a good, gun owning law abiding citizen, thanks.
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

    User avatar
    1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Posts: 603
    Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:06 pm

    neoplacebo wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:11 am
    Nope, I did not advocate firing guns into crowds; I only pointed out that in a lot of Middle Eastern countries folks shoot guns into the air to celebrate various occasions and that no one panics or stampedes because of it.
    neoplacebo wrote:
    Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm
    If I take the T tops off I can fire and drive at the same time; shoot birds on the fly, blast hell out of road signs I don't like or consider to be in error; the possibilities are endless.
    Cancel that trip to NY Times Square. You were just being silly again. It's sad, what happened in Toronto.
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

    User avatar
    1 CAT FAN
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Posts: 603
    Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

    Re: Gun Legislation

    Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm

    Vrede too wrote:
    Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am
    Big of you to finally grow a pair and admit that there are limits to the 2nd.
    Seriously, you should never be allowed near a gun.
      Image
      "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

      User avatar
      billy.pilgrim
      Captain
      Posts: 5725
      Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

      Re: Gun Legislation

      Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm

      1 CAT FAN wrote:
      Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm
      Vrede too wrote:
      Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am
      Big of you to finally grow a pair and admit that there are limits to the 2nd.
      Seriously, you should never be allowed near a gun.
        Image
        Why?
        George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

        User avatar
        Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster
        Posts: 17846
        Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
        Location: Hendersonvile, NC

        Re: Gun Legislation

        Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:25 pm

        Seriously, whiny illiterates and imbeciles like ammosexual 1 FAT CAN should never be allowed near a gun.
        It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

        User avatar
        1 CAT FAN
        Lieutenant Colonel
        Posts: 603
        Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

        Re: Gun Legislation

        Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 pm

        billy.pilgrim wrote:
        Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:07 pm
        1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm
        Vrede too wrote:
        Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 am
        Big of you to finally grow a pair and admit that there are limits to the 2nd.
        Seriously, you should never be allowed near a gun.
          Image
          Why?
          He doesn't need more motivation from medicinal marijuana.
          "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

          User avatar
          O Really
          Captain
          Posts: 10522
          Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

          Re: Gun Legislation

          Unread post by O Really » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58 pm

          "Yeah, the shooter was hyped up high on marijuana" said nobody ever.

          User avatar
          1 CAT FAN
          Lieutenant Colonel
          Posts: 603
          Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

          Re: Gun Legislation

          Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:03 pm

          O Really wrote:
          Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:58 pm
          "Yeah, the shooter was hyped up high on marijuana" said nobody ever.
          Don't you give billy any ideas.
          "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

          Post Reply