Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am
got it, they have the type of emotions that cause them to escalate situations they could have defused, it they don’t like the person
as I said - Pigs
Well, pigs are clueless; you'd make a great cop. Maybe one day you'll need a pig to save you from a dire situation.
All you need to do is yell out "soooey! soooey!"

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 am
Weren't polos the uniforms of the cons who were bussed in to disrupt the Florida recount in 2000?
I couldn't remember, but apparently not.

Brooks Brothers riot

Image

1. Tom PYLE, office of House Majority Whip Tom DELAY (R-TX)
2. Garry MALPHRUS, Majority Chief counsel
3. Rory COOPER, staff member, Nat’l Republican Congressional Committee
4. Kevin SMITH, former House Republican Conference Analyst
5. Steven BRODY, Former Aide to Sen. Fred D. THOMPSON (R-TN)
6. Matt SCHLAPP, BUSH Campaign Staff, Austin
7. Roger MORSE, Aide to Rep. Van HILLARY (R-TN)
8. Duane GIBSON, Aide to Chairman Don YOUNG (R-AK)
9. Chuck ROYAL, Ass’t to Rep. Jim DeMINT (R-SC)
10. Layna McCONKEY, Former legislative ass’t to former Rep. Jim Ross LIGHTFOOT (R-IA)

#1 was ahead of his time, but in 2000 was just known as "The Slob" within the GOP.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am
got it, they have the type of emotions that cause them to escalate situations they could have defused, it they don’t like the person
as I said - Pigs
Well, pigs are clueless; you'd make a great cop. Maybe one day you'll need a pig to save you from a dire situation.
All you need to do is yell out "soooey! soooey!"
maybe so, still doesn't change the fact that cops act like punks - kinda like the old DMV employee joke but on steroids
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 am
Weren't polos the uniforms of the cons who were bussed in to disrupt the Florida recount in 2000?
I couldn't remember, but apparently not.

Brooks Brothers riot

Image

1. Tom PYLE, office of House Majority Whip Tom DELAY (R-TX)
2. Garry MALPHRUS, Majority Chief counsel
3. Rory COOPER, staff member, Nat’l Republican Congressional Committee
4. Kevin SMITH, former House Republican Conference Analyst
5. Steven BRODY, Former Aide to Sen. Fred D. THOMPSON (R-TN)
6. Matt SCHLAPP, BUSH Campaign Staff, Austin
7. Roger MORSE, Aide to Rep. Van HILLARY (R-TN)
8. Duane GIBSON, Aide to Chairman Don YOUNG (R-AK)
9. Chuck ROYAL, Ass’t to Rep. Jim DeMINT (R-SC)
10. Layna McCONKEY, Former legislative ass’t to former Rep. Jim Ross LIGHTFOOT (R-IA)

#1 was ahead of his time, but in 2000 was just known as "The Slob" within the GOP.


right, it was kakis and button downs

and another crack in the irony-o-meter. The cons bus in out of state people for their grass roots protests and invent stories about dems doing the same
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 pm
maybe so, still doesn't change the fact that cops act like punks - kinda like the old DMV employee joke but on steroids
And punks are still punks, acting or not.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 pm

What's going on in China?

Beijing airport design:

Image

People's Daily HQ while under construction:

Image

North China University building:

Image
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 pm
What's going on in China?

Beijing airport design:

People's Daily HQ while under construction:

North China University building:
We built that. Those.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:27 am



Ellen Has a Big Surprise for Viral McDonald’s Pranksters

Friends Jevh and Christian went viral after hanging up a fake poster of themselves in McDonald’s that went unnoticed for 51 days. Now Ellen and McDonald’s have a huge surprise for both of them!
I'd suggest watching the whole 7 minutes for the backstory and setup, but if you don't have the patience for that:
Spoiler:
McDonald’s never learned about the poster until they tweeted about it, is now going to feature them in an ad campaign, and gave them each $25K.
:-||
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10793
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by O Really » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am

It's common in RV parks and campgrounds for some people to have a flagpole on their rig and fly one or more flags. Some even have lights. Frequently you see the US flag, some military branch (most often marines), occasional racist battle flag, the "don't tread on me" flag, occasionally a state flag, sometimes the rainbow flag, and all sorts of college/pro sports team flags.

Lady O and I don't fly a flag, but I was thinking if we did, what would we fly? Would we pick a flag of the moment, like our #12 Seahawk banner during major games, or something trivial, or something meaningful in some way?

So I wondered, if you were going to fly a flag over your rig, or you house - or if you do - what is it, and why'd you choose that one?

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am
It's common in RV parks and campgrounds for some people to have a flagpole on their rig and fly one or more flags. Some even have lights. Frequently you see the US flag, some military branch (most often marines), occasional racist battle flag, the "don't tread on me" flag, occasionally a state flag, sometimes the rainbow flag, and all sorts of college/pro sports team flags.

Lady O and I don't fly a flag, but I was thinking if we did, what would we fly? Would we pick a flag of the moment, like our #12 Seahawk banner during major games, or something trivial, or something meaningful in some way?

So I wondered, if you were going to fly a flag over your rig, or you house - or if you do - what is it, and why'd you choose that one?

Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 am

Image
I like it! (I'd keep an eye on the sky for a Romulan photon torpedo, though!)

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 am

Image

It applies to a variety of issues, applies both locally and globally, will never go out of style . . . and isn't as militaristic, and species-ist except for tokens, as the United Federation of Planets ;) .

I might replace it with Seahawks and Ravens banners on Sundays . . . and with a Terps banner on Saturdays if they ever get a good team. No one wants peaceful football.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

GoCubsGo
Ensign
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 pm

For the other side of my non existent RV.

Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 am
Image

Somehow I just can't fathom that being in similitude with your screen name.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 10793
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by O Really » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 am
Image

Somehow I just can't fathom that being in similitude with your screen name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrede_(song)

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 am
Image
Somehow I just can't fathom that being in similitude with your screen name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrede_(song)
Thanks. Maybe he's thinking of the Danish translation: "Anger". I chose the Dutch word long before I ever heard of the contradictory Danish one. I learned it when I participated in a 75K-strong anti-Iraq War march in Amsterdam in early 2003.

No wonder there have been so many European wars. :D
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm
Thanks. Maybe he's thinking of the Danish translation: "Anger".
No, I was thinking the word Peace, because I looked up the word when I first joined this forum, because it was a rather odd word. Peace just doesn't seem to be your calling.

I chose the Dutch word long before I ever heard of the contradictory Danish one.
Odd, isn't it that it has two different meanings? Now I'm getting the picture:
Jekyll and Hyde. Yep, the name fits! :lol: :lol:


No wonder there's have been so many European wars. :D
Not touching that one...

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:39 pm

So, you're saying that the flag and screen name do match. Make up your mind.

It's a mistake to think that 'peace' means being nice. Your hurt feelings are your problem, not mine. You don't see me ever advocating any organized violence nor supporting the bigotry that you do.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:39 pm
So, you're saying that the flag and screen name do match. Make up your mind.
Ummm...no; if Vrede means 'peace', it doesn't suit you;
the name Vrede does suit you if it means 'anger'


It's a mistake to think that 'peace' means being nice.
You got that shit right! Especially in your case!!! :lol: :lol:

Your hurt feelings are your problem, not mine.
Dammit. There you go again. Hurting my feelings!

You don't see me ever advocating any organized violence nor supporting the bigotry that you do.
You've not seen that in me either; you've seen only what you WANT to see, and what you saw was fabricated in your own widdle, bitty mind.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Your OP had nothing to do with me personally. You specifically posted that there is some difference between "that" flag and my "screen name."

It's a hoot that your feewings are so delicate that you just can't ever admit it when you've obviously screwed up, yet you imagine yourself capable of adult conversation.

Now, whine about me some more. Maybe I'll open the post, but odds are I won't bother.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

Post Reply