The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am
Prisons or banks?
:lol: :!:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am
Location: Southeast of Disorder

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Boatrocker » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:25 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am
Prisons or banks?
:lol: :!:
Yes.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920, in The Baltimore Evening Sun

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6473
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Before this smart ass sheriff, Escambia had a thug sheriff who ignored shootings and beatings. This asshole is about the same but added sex ring to the resume.


https://weartv.com/news/local/more-fede ... iff-morgan
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:02 pm
Before this smart ass sheriff, Escambia had a thug sheriff who ignored shootings and beatings. This asshole is about the same but added sex ring to the resume.

https://weartv.com/news/local/more-fede ... iff-morgan
Just a few counties east of you:
Former Florida officer allegedly planted drugs during traffic stops, 'tailored' body cam video

... Zach Wester, 26, was arrested on felony charges of racketeering, official misconduct, fabricating evidence, possession of a controlled substance and false imprisonment.

The one-time Jackson County deputy faces misdemeanor charges of perjury, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said....
He looks like a stereotypical pig, doesn't he?
Image

Whispers of misconduct about Wester began to surface around the courthouse last August, sparking the FDLE's investigation at the request of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.

Wester was placed on leave Aug. 1 and fired amid an internal affairs investigation a month later....
I was sure that his victims were going to be Black and Latino men, but he seems to be an equal opportunity asshole.
Image
Not one Latino name. Bigot. ;)
... The allegations prompted prosecutors in the town of Marianna to review nearly 300 cases in which Wester was involved. They ultimately dropped charges in nearly 120 cases....

More than a dozen people who were arrested by Wester have filed lawsuits or notices of their intent to sue the Sheriff's Office over the former deputy's alleged misconduct.
Solitary is "torture", put him in general population. ;)
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4128
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Ah, it's a myth. There's no war on cops, only a skirmish. What I enjoy doing is always having a couple sticks of dynamite in my car with me in case I get pulled over.....once the cop comes up to my window I light a stick and once he sees and hears the fizzling fuse and the red cylindrical object I am lighting a cigarette with he generally hustles back to his car. Works every time.
Here's some tips for the timid in dealing with the cops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:30 pm
Ah, it's a myth. There's no war on cops, only a skirmish. What I enjoy doing is always having a couple sticks of dynamite in my car with me in case I get pulled over.....once the cop comes up to my window I light a stick and once he sees and hears the fizzling fuse and the red cylindrical object I am lighting a cigarette with he generally hustles back to his car. Works every time.
The best defense is a good offense.
Here's some tips for the timid in dealing with the cops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
Another tip is to not be black, though being a law abiding white that follows all those suggestions is no guarantee of safety.

Police officer who lost his job after shooting an unarmed man is ‘rehired to collect lifetime pension’

Arizona LE, idiot, crybaby, not working - sound like anyone we know? Hmmm.

Thank the ovine public that's been far too tolerant of police abuses for far too long, thank pols that are too afraid to demand proper accountability, thank the violent PDs, and thank good old American racism, though the latter was not a factor in this instance.

RIP Daniel Shaver, a hard working exterminator who did NOTHING wrong. Even he was no match for those big blue roaches.

Image
Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4128
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm

I tried to think of who this could remind us of but CAT come up with anything.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:35 am

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:51 pm
... I AM NOT surprised that so many cops are bigoted or otherwise offensive.
I AM NOT surprised that so many cops are stupid enough to post about it to Facebook and get caught.

I AM surprised that PDs are taking this seriously and will discipline the stupid bad cops.
I AM surprised that a Texas PD is taking this seriously and will discipline the stupid bad cops.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:30 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 pm
But will you be surprised if the cop or cops get their pay until they quit or are fired

No, but that doesn't necessarily bother me. Suspension with pay gets bad cops immediately off the street without unfairly punishing good cops. Rarely, there is suspension without pay, but I think that's reserved for near certain criminal behavior.

and immediately go to work in the next county or state?

No, nor if punishments are inadequate at their current jobs. I hope the Plain View Project keeps the public informed about their history and ongoing activities.
I’m sad to see that only 8 locales were looked at to find the 1000 bad cops.
Database
Maybe there will be more to come.

For states with BRD members, just:
Lake County, FL
Phoenix, AZ - 1 FAT CAN claims to be AZ LE, hmmm.
Philadelphia moves to fire 13 officers over Facebook posts

:---P

Caveats: Maybe it should be more than 13, maybe the discipline for the others should be harsher, maybe the fired ones will easily get new LEO jobs as billy.pilgrim says.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6473
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 48a10.html

Cop says to shoot member of Congress. My bet, he keeps his job, or gets one in the next town or parrish.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am
https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 48a10.html

Cop says to shoot member of Congress. My bet, he keeps his job, or gets one in the next town or parish.
... (Chief Arthur) Lawson said he does not think the comment constitutes an actual threat, but it appears to violate the department's social media policy, which he said all officers have read and signed....

Rispoli's comment referred to a fake news story he posted to his personal Facebook page on Thursday at 1:51 p.m. The story's headline attributed a fabricated quote to Ocasio-Cortez saying, "We pay soldiers too much." The photo on the post is marked as "satire" and it had been labeled "false" by the website snopes.com on Wednesday, but Rispoli appeared to be upset by it....
:lol: Add gullible stupidity to the reasons to discipline/fire him.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Midshipman
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am
https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 48a10.html

Cop says to shoot member of Congress. My bet, he keeps his job, or gets one in the next town or parish.
... (Chief Arthur) Lawson said he does not think the comment constitutes an actual threat, but it appears to violate the department's social media policy, which he said all officers have read and signed....

Rispoli's comment referred to a fake news story he posted to his personal Facebook page on Thursday at 1:51 p.m. The story's headline attributed a fabricated quote to Ocasio-Cortez saying, "We pay soldiers too much." The photo on the post is marked as "satire" and it had been labeled "false" by the website snopes.com on Wednesday, but Rispoli appeared to be upset by it....
:lol: Add gullible stupidity to the reasons to discipline/fire him.
He didn’t have a chance to delete it, did he, Vrede?
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:32 pm

Oh, those Canadians, a double murder is a very serious thing, but the RCMP doesn't want citizens to get too frightened.

Image

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cat-fil ... 04392.html
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Midshipman
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am
https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 48a10.html

Cop says to shoot member of Congress. My bet, he keeps his job, or gets one in the next town or parish.
... (Chief Arthur) Lawson said he does not think the comment constitutes an actual threat, but it appears to violate the department's social media policy, which he said all officers have read and signed....

Rispoli's comment referred to a fake news story he posted to his personal Facebook page on Thursday at 1:51 p.m. The story's headline attributed a fabricated quote to Ocasio-Cortez saying, "We pay soldiers too much." The photo on the post is marked as "satire" and it had been labeled "false" by the website snopes.com on Wednesday, but Rispoli appeared to be upset by it....
:lol: Add gullible stupidity to the reasons to discipline/fire him.
He didn’t have a chance to delete it, did he, Vrede?
A common thing among liberals & liberal-likes.
AOC deletes tweet accusing Republicans of posing next to a cardboard cutout of her after reporter reveals that it pictured a Democrat

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-her.html
More like a disease, aye Vrede?

Image
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:23 am

Center for Constitutional Rights Marks Five Years Since Killing of Eric Garner
Expresses Outrage at Justice Department Decision Not to File Civil Rights Charges Against Officer Responsible


July 17, 2019, New York – Five years after the killing of Eric Garner by NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo, the Center for Constitutional Rights issued the following statement:
“As we mark five years of mourning the killing of Eric Garner, we stand in solidarity with his loved ones and community while expressing outrage at the systemic injustices they continue to face. The NYPD, City government, and criminal justice system have failed Mr. Garner’s family at every stage of the process. Yesterday’s announcement that the Justice Department will not bring federal criminal civil rights charges only underscores the urgent need for action, reform, and accountability at the local level. At the very least, the results of Officer Pantaleo’s internal disciplinary trial must be made public as soon as they are completed.”
The Center for Constitutional Rights works with communities under threat to fight for justice and liberation through litigation, advocacy, and strategic communications. Since 1966, The Center for Constitutional Rights has taken on oppressive systems of power, including structural racism, gender oppression, economic inequity, and governmental overreach. Learn more at ccrjustice.org.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Alabama Is Going To Kill Rocky Myers
He Might Be An Innocent Man


Scroll down for an action opportunity - "SIGN THE PETITION FOR ROCKY'S CLEMENCY" - which also has a summary of what so very wrong with this conviction and sentence.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6473
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:56 pm
Alabama Is Going To Kill Rocky Myers
He Might Be An Innocent Man


Scroll down for an action opportunity - "SIGN THE PETITION FOR ROCKY'S CLEMENCY" - which also has a summary of what so very wrong with this conviction and sentence.

But is he rich enough to be innocent?
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:34 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:30 pm
But is he rich enough to be innocent?
Not even rich enough to get a commutation to life, but MAYBE he'll get lucky.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20515
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:45 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am
https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 48a10.html

Cop says to shoot member of Congress. My bet, he keeps his job, or gets one in the next town or parish.
Louisiana policemen fired over Facebook post suggesting Ocasio-Cortez be shot

A Louisiana policeman who suggested on Facebook that high-profile U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez needed to be shot was fired on Monday, along with a second officer who "liked" his post....
:---P :---P
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Post Reply