The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:32 pm
... For the record, I have worked closely with peace, anti-racist, anti-homophobic, anti-nuclear, and social and economic justice Christians here and abroad for decades. I have always been impressed with and jealous of the depth of commitment that their faith gives them....
Opps, an email mentioning faith-based climate activists reminded me of all of the Christian treehuggers that I've worked with, tons of them, and neglected to mention.
When I was in junior high school, one of my heroes was Father Daniel Berrigan, a Catholic anti Vietnam war clergyman. He was a Christian. I still revere his memory.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:55 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:27 pm
When I was in junior high school, one of my heroes was Father Daniel Berrigan, a Catholic anti Vietnam war clergyman. He was a Christian. I still revere his memory.
:thumbup: I met both Phil Berrigan and his brother, Daniel, and have trained activists with Phil's daughter, Kate. I did not ask nor care whether she is also Catholic or other flavor of Christian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Berrigan#Activism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Berrigan#Protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Be ... s_Movement
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:55 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:27 pm
When I was in junior high school, one of my heroes was Father Daniel Berrigan, a Catholic anti Vietnam war clergyman. He was a Christian. I still revere his memory.
:thumbup: I met both Phil Berrigan and his brother, Daniel, and have trained activists with Phil's daughter, Kate. I did not ask nor care whether she is also Catholic or other flavor of Christian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Berrigan#Activism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Berrigan#Protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Be ... s_Movement
Awesome; wish I'd had the chance to meet Daniel.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:43 pm

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:28 pm
All that in an attempt to convince yourself.Yeah, it’s best to keep a front. Coming here releases some of that bottled up hate, which is a good thing. Wouldn’t want you to explode in some Christian school, Christian Church.
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:22 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm
How did we get from national reaction relating to disasters to hatred of Christianity? No rational way to do that unless (gasp) Vrede was right -
"Everyone knows that it's worse to be killed by a Muslim terrorist than by a rightwing White Christian terrorist, even if the latter are killing more of us."
We got to this when cat could not bait anyone into saying anything about 9/11 that he could feign outrage over, he invented his own, I called him out on it, and now he's slithering all over the place trying to convince himself he has a point, which is that all of us hate Christianity.
Looks like s/he ran away after getting shamed, again. There will be a return, ignoring this utter failure.

Homeless Mom Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison for Using Friend's Address to Enroll Son in School

Felicity Huffman‘s 14-day sentencing has spotlighted school-related cases of parents who received longer jail time in comparison to the actress’ role in the college admissions scandal.

A homeless woman from Bridgeport, Connecticut, was sentenced to five years in prison for enrolling her son in a school district where he did not reside.

In 2011, Tanya McDowell wanted a better education for her then 5-year-old son Andrew, and enrolled him in an elementary school in the neighboring town of Norwalk — using her son’s babysitter’s address for registration papers. At the time, she and her son were living out of her van and homeless shelters, and spending nights at an apartment in Bridgeport, the Connecticut Post had reported.

The mother was arrested and charged with first-degree larceny and served five years behind bars for the “stolen” education.

“Who would have thought that wanting a good education for my son would put me in this predicament?” McDowell, who also had prior drug charges, said in court at the time of her sentencing. “I have no regrets seeking a better education for him, I do regret my participation in this drug case.” ...

Earlier this year, The Washington Post reported that a new study showed white school districts received $23 billion more in government funding than nonwhite school districts in 2016, regardless of the fact that they had the same number of students.

Thus many parents, like McDowell and Williams-Bolar, find themselves using the addresses of friends and family to get their children into better school districts.

“While there is a part of us that may feel some sense of vindication at the idea of these parents serving five years in prison because Tanya McDowell served five years in prison when she was so much more deserving, that’s not justice,” Rebecca J. Kavanagh, a New York City public defender, told Refinery29 of the college admissions scandal verdicts. “Justice is for Tanya McDowell to have never been charged, convicted or sentenced to prison and to have the same educational opportunity for her son as these parents have for their children.” ...

“I get why everyone gets mad when rich person X gets a short sentence and poor person of color Y gets a long one,” the singer wrote on Twitter. “The answer isn’t for X to get more; it’s for both of them to get less (or even none!!!) We should level down not up.”
Americans have become desensitized to how much we lock people up. Prisons and jails are not the answer to every bad thing everyone does, but we've come to use them to address nearly every societal ill.
“It’s insane we locked a woman up for 5 years for sending her kid to the wrong school district,” the father of two wrote, referencing McDowell. “Literally everyone involved in that decision should be ashamed of themselves.”

“It’s unconscionable that we locked a woman up for voting when, unbeknownst to her, she was ineligible,” Legend continued, referring to Crystal Mason, who was sentenced to five years in prison for voting in the 2016 election even though she says she was unaware that she was ineligible to vote, according to the Huffington Post.

The Voice star concluded, “And no one in our nation will benefit from the 14 days an actress will serve for cheating in college admissions. We don’t need to lock people up for any of this stuff.”
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 pm

I just sent an email to the Granville County sheriff that he's not gonna like. I told him he should be fucked, bent, beaten, and run out of town on a rail; and that was the conciliatory part of it. I await his reply.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-caroli ... 28826.html

His email is brindell.wilkin@granvillecounty.org

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 pm
I just sent an email to the Granville County sheriff that he's not gonna like. I told him he should be fucked, bent, beaten, and run out of town on a rail; and that was the conciliatory part of it. I await his reply.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-caroli ... 28826.html

His email is brindell.wilkin@granvillecounty.org
You've done it again!
Granville County sheriff suspended amid alleged murder plot against former deputy

Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins has temporarily stepped down from office amid allegations that he discussed the killing of a former deputy who he feared was going to release a recording of him using racist language.

Wikins, who denies the allegations, voluntarily agreed to the suspension, his attorney, Thomas C. Manning, said in a statement....
The county must be monitoring his email account and saw yours:
Granville County Attorney Jim Wrenn filed a petition for Wilkins’ removal in Superior Court on Monday.

“The allegations in the indictments raise questions about (Wilkins’) fitness for office including whether (he) willfully or habitually neglected or refused to perform the duties of office, engaged in willful misconduct or maladministration in office and/or engaged in corruption,” the petition said....
Woe to any target of a neoplacebo e-shaming.


Here's how a good sheriff acts:

Sheriff’s office employee fired after racist rant at 19-year-old woman at McDonald’s

Mechanic, not an LEO.
... In a press conference Thursday morning, Sheriff John T. Wilcher said, “We are gonna distance ourselves from these type of people, I’m not gonna tolerate it, I’m very transparent. I’m gonna make sure that we’re taken care of and my people are taken care of, and I’m not going to tolerate nothing like this in my organization.”

When asked when he was first made aware of the video, Sheriff Wilcher said, “Probably about 9 o’clock yesterday morning. I had no clue about it. But by 9:30 or 10 o’clock he was gone.” ...
:clap: :-||

Well no wonder, he's Captain Kangaroo's son. Captain Kangaroo:

Image

Sheriff John T. Wilcher:

Image
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 pm
I just sent an email to the Granville County sheriff that he's not gonna like. I told him he should be fucked, bent, beaten, and run out of town on a rail; and that was the conciliatory part of it. I await his reply.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-caroli ... 28826.html

His email is brindell.wilkin@granvillecounty.org
You've done it again!
Granville County sheriff suspended amid alleged murder plot against former deputy

Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins has temporarily stepped down from office amid allegations that he discussed the killing of a former deputy who he feared was going to release a recording of him using racist language.

Wikins, who denies the allegations, voluntarily agreed to the suspension, his attorney, Thomas C. Manning, said in a statement....
The county must be monitoring his email account and saw yours:
Granville County Attorney Jim Wrenn filed a petition for Wilkins’ removal in Superior Court on Monday.

“The allegations in the indictments raise questions about (Wilkins’) fitness for office including whether (he) willfully or habitually neglected or refused to perform the duties of office, engaged in willful misconduct or maladministration in office and/or engaged in corruption,” the petition said....
Woe to any target of a neoplacebo e-shaming.


Here's how a good sheriff acts:

Sheriff’s office employee fired after racist rant at 19-year-old woman at McDonald’s

Mechanic, not an LEO.
... In a press conference Thursday morning, Sheriff John T. Wilcher said, “We are gonna distance ourselves from these type of people, I’m not gonna tolerate it, I’m very transparent. I’m gonna make sure that we’re taken care of and my people are taken care of, and I’m not going to tolerate nothing like this in my organization.”

When asked when he was first made aware of the video, Sheriff Wilcher said, “Probably about 9 o’clock yesterday morning. I had no clue about it. But by 9:30 or 10 o’clock he was gone.” ...
:clap: :-||

Well no wonder, he's Captain Kangaroo's son. Captain Kangaroo:

Image

Sheriff John T. Wilcher:

Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, now. I never did get any sort of reply from my buddy Brindell. I was beginning to wonder about him. Almost ten days and nothing but crickets. I forget the name of that shithead sheriff in FL that I also never got a reply from. These people never learn.
And I may just send Sheriff Wilcher a nice note congratulating him on his good sense.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:28 pm

It's common in many counties that the sheriff post a bond before even being sworn in, or even running for the office in some cases. Hopefully, Brindell will forfeit his bond, if any, and be banned from all gas stations and strip joints within three hundred miles of his abode.

With the assistance of what are commonly referred to as dangerous and illegal substances, I've managed to recall that the shithead in FL was Bill Lee, I think, and he was not a sheriff but the chief of police in Sanford FL. He probably now loads cargo into planes that fly fake dogshit to small airports throughout the country these days. At the end of the day his boss asks "Bill, how much shit did you move today?" Bill, despite a lifetime of pushing shit, never gives his boss a definite answer. Then he goes home and curses his savage fate and blames it on fake dogshit news.. It's tragic.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:52 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:28 pm
It's common in many counties that the sheriff post a bond before even being sworn in, or even running for the office in some cases. Hopefully, Brindell will forfeit his bond, if any, and be banned from all gas stations and strip joints within three hundred miles of his abode.

With the assistance of what are commonly referred to as dangerous and illegal substances, I've managed to recall that the shithead in FL was Bill Lee, I think, and he was not a sheriff but the chief of police in Sanford FL. He probably now loads cargo into planes that fly fake dogshit to small airports throughout the country these days. At the end of the day his boss asks "Bill, how much shit did you move today?" Bill, despite a lifetime of pushing shit, never gives his boss a definite answer. Then he goes home and curses his savage fate and blames it on fake dogshit news.. It's tragic.
I googled to see what happened to Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee and failed in that quest. However, I found an article about you:

Emails show vitriol toward Sanford police chief Bill Lee

I'm sorry that they don't mention you by name ;) . Next time.

It's not like racist PDs are an accident:

Former FBI Agent’s Trial Exposes Racist Ideology (and Religious Bigotry) Infiltrating Law Enforcement
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:52 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:28 pm
It's common in many counties that the sheriff post a bond before even being sworn in, or even running for the office in some cases. Hopefully, Brindell will forfeit his bond, if any, and be banned from all gas stations and strip joints within three hundred miles of his abode.

With the assistance of what are commonly referred to as dangerous and illegal substances, I've managed to recall that the shithead in FL was Bill Lee, I think, and he was not a sheriff but the chief of police in Sanford FL. He probably now loads cargo into planes that fly fake dogshit to small airports throughout the country these days. At the end of the day his boss asks "Bill, how much shit did you move today?" Bill, despite a lifetime of pushing shit, never gives his boss a definite answer. Then he goes home and curses his savage fate and blames it on fake dogshit news.. It's tragic.
I googled to see what happened to Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee and failed in that quest. However, I found an article about you:

Emails show vitriol toward Sanford police chief Bill Lee

I'm sorry that they don't mention you by name ;) . Next time.

It's not like racist PDs are an accident:

Former FBI Agent’s Trial Exposes Racist Ideology (and Religious Bigotry) Infiltrating Law Enforcement
:lol: I didn't see any of my message in that story. My message was concise and very much to the point and included explicit opinion and suggestion that I feel sure was not well received. But this was a case of the end justifying the means.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:45 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:28 pm
:lol: I didn't see any of my message in that story. My message was concise and very much to the point and included explicit opinion and suggestion that I feel sure was not well received. But this was a case of the end justifying the means.
Maybe too explicit for a family news article? No matter, we all know who made him resign.


The judge in the trial of the idiot White cop that shot a Black man in his own apartment because she thought it was hers has told the jury that they can consider the Castle doctrine, even though she was the intruder and the man she murdered was the resident.

Bastard.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:45 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:28 pm
:lol: I didn't see any of my message in that story. My message was concise and very much to the point and included explicit opinion and suggestion that I feel sure was not well received. But this was a case of the end justifying the means.
Maybe too explicit for a family news article? No matter, we all know who made him resign.


The judge in the trial of the idiot White cop that shot a Black man in his own apartment because she thought it was hers has told the jury that they can consider the Castle doctrine, even though she was the intruder and the man she murdered was the resident.

Bastard.
Yeah, I saw that on the ABC news this evening. That judge needs to resign and start working at Faux News faux justice division along with that nutty "judge" Jeanine Pirro. They could write briefs on which of them is more insane and then try their own cases. With any luck, each of them would stand their ground and fire fatal shots at the same time.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11076
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by O Really » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 pm

I think the best thing the judge did was let the jury consider manslaughter and not restrict them to a murder charge. I don't believe her story at all, but I think murder was an overcharge and not really proven. Good chance she'd have walked. If she walks even with the option of manslaughter, there really isn't any excuse other than racists devaluing another black life. Even if you give her credit for being too drunk to go the the right building or the right apartment, there's no way she wouldn't know it wasn't hers. And even if she think it was hers, shooting a guy in his own house should be at a very minimum negligent homicide if it's a regular citizen. If it's a supposedly trained cop? Guilty, guilty, guilty.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:20 am

Or as Gomer Pyle would say "deceitful, deceitful, deceitful."

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:45 pm
... The judge in the trial of the idiot White cop that shot a Black man in his own apartment because she thought it was hers has told the jury that they can consider the Castle doctrine, even though she was the intruder and the man she murdered was the resident.

Bastard.
O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 pm
I think the best thing the judge did was let the jury consider manslaughter and not restrict them to a murder charge. I don't believe her story at all, but I think murder was an overcharge and not really proven. Good chance she'd have walked. If she walks even with the option of manslaughter, there really isn't any excuse other than racists devaluing another black life. Even if you give her credit for being too drunk to go the the right building or the right apartment, there's no way she wouldn't know it wasn't hers. And even if she think it was hers, shooting a guy in his own house should be at a very minimum negligent homicide if it's a regular citizen. If it's a supposedly trained cop? Guilty, guilty, guilty.
Manslaughter might have been acceptable to me, too. Instead, the jury told the killer cop and the judge to shove it.
Jury convicts ex-police officer who fatally shot neighbor

A white former Dallas police officer who said she fatally shot her unarmed, black neighbor after mistaking his apartment for her own was found guilty of murder on Tuesday.

A jury reached the verdict in Amber Guyger's high-profile trial for the killing of Botham Jean after six days of witness testimony but just a handful of hours of deliberation....

In Texas, the sentence for murder is from five to 99 years in prison. The jury is expected to return Tuesday afternoon for the punishment phase of the trial....
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Well, she said during trial that she wished that she would have been the one who was killed. I suppose she can request the death penalty. Texas will probably not argue with her about it.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:36 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:08 pm
Well, she said during trial that she wished that she would have been the one who was killed. I suppose she can request the death penalty. Texas will probably not argue with her about it.
The judge is a black woman! :roll:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Today is Wrongful Conviction Day. Next week is World Day Against the Death Penalty.

Witness to Innocence

Wrongful Conviction Day
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11076
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by O Really » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Wrongful convictions are bad, but conversely apparently a lot - lot - of bad guys get away scot free. Article today says Charlotte in particular has a big problem with dropping firearms charges and that overall only about 1% of felony charges get to trial. Of course, a lot of those involve some guilty plea through plea bargain, but still. I'm not saying the ones that get away neutralize the ones convicted wrongly - actually that if a small percentage of felonies go to trial and of those, X% are wrong, then that makes the actual percentage of time the court system gets it wrong much higher.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19436
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:26 pm

O Really wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:22 pm
Wrongful convictions are bad, but conversely apparently a lot - lot - of bad guys get away scot free. Article today says Charlotte in particular has a big problem with dropping firearms charges and that overall only about 1% of felony charges get to trial. Of course, a lot of those involve some guilty plea through plea bargain, but still. I'm not saying the ones that get away neutralize the ones convicted wrongly - actually that if a small percentage of felonies go to trial and of those, X% are wrong, then that makes the actual percentage of time the court system gets it wrong much higher.
Wrongful convictions also mean that even more bad guys get away scot free - time, effort and money wasted on bad investigations, real perps getting more time to cover their tracks and or escape, money diverted to settlements, intangible loss of faith in LEOs, etc.


Speaking of bad guys getting away scot free:

Greenville County (SC) deputy won't be charged for shooting Simpsonville homeowner

Homeowner where he should be and doing nothing wrong.
Deputy not facing any imminent threat.
Deputy lied about what happened.
Homeowner maimed, damn close to being killed.
Deputy skates.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Post Reply