College baseball

Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:51 am

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm
... FL is out, Auburn is avenged, Ark. is in the Finals, Go Beavers!
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:24 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:11 pm
Beavers 5-2, dodged bases loaded in the 9th, 3 straight wins to meet Ark. in the best of 3 Finals. Mon., Tues., Wed. nights.
Woooooooooo, Pig! Sooie!
I'm still learning how to speak Southern. Is that support for Ark. or making fun of them?
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 pm

catch the pop up, game over, piggies win championship

or

2nd baseman warns off the other two players in position to catch the season winning popup so he can overrun it for the loss and on to game 3
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 pm
catch the pop up, game over, piggies win championship

or

2nd baseman warns off the other two players in position to catch the season winning popup so he can overrun it for the loss and on to game 3
Whoops, I forgot to watch last night, thanks. Yeah, that was ugly, the 2nd baseman was in the worst position of the 3 to track it down and catch it. :D :thumbup: If OSU wins, they should give the MVP to the Ark 2nd baseman.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:24 pm
catch the pop up, game over, piggies win championship

or

2nd baseman warns off the other two players in position to catch the season winning popup so he can overrun it for the loss and on to game 3
Whoops, I forgot to watch last night, thanks. Yeah, that was ugly, the 2nd baseman was in the worst position of the 3 to track it down and catch it. :D :thumbup: If OSU wins, they should give the MVP to the Ark 2nd baseman.
I don't care who wins, but I always worry a little for these players, who make such bad mistakes at crucial times, taking more blame than they can handle.


hopefully, he redeems himself tonight




I haven't heard anyone spit out the name "Wrong way Bo" in a long time, but it took a while for all of his great plays to show above the one mistake
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:41 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 pm
I don't care who wins, but I always worry a little for these players, who make such bad mistakes at crucial times, taking more blame than they can handle.

hopefully, he redeems himself tonight

I haven't heard anyone spit out the name "Wrong way Bo" in a long time, but it took a while for all of his great plays to show above the one mistake
Maybe next year. No one on Ark. did any redeeming last night. At least it was the third baseman that made the one error. OSU won 5-0.
Oregon State baseball closes out unfinished business with 2018 College World Series championship

... The Beavers are national champions . . . despite losing the tournament opening game 12 days before, pushed into a corner not five hours after this College World Series began. Six elimination games they faced in 11 days, six they won....

They are champions . . . even after dangling over a cliff Wednesday night, down to their last strike against a Razorbacks team that had been 44-0 this season when leading after eight innings. Of the previous 128 CWS teams who trailed in the ninth inning, 126 had lost. But they didn’t....

They are champions . . . because they found absolute magic on the mound from an unflappable, remarkable freshman. This time last year, Abel had just graduated from high school in San Diego and was watching the finals on television with his parents, getting ready to leave for summer school. Thursday night, he mowed down Arkansas with a complete game two-hitter, retiring the last 20 Razorbacks he faced (129 pitches) -- 24 hours after he struck out the side in relief (23 pitches) to be the winner in Game 2.

... the first pitcher to ever go 4-0 in a single College World Series — two as a starter, and two in relief. His CWS numbers were 21 innings pitched, 23 strikeouts, and two runs allowed. He allowed two runs all month in 29 NCAA tournament innings, with 31 Ks....

Image
Last night: 31 batters faced, 0 runs, 2 hits - both in the 3rd, 2 walks, 10 strikeouts. Ark. had not been shutout all season.

:clap: :-||
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:03 am

Hell of a showing by the freshman, but didn't you say,


"I was just teasing, anyhow. I'm sure that college baseball is meaningful

. . . for some people. :P
"
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:03 am
He'll of a showing by the freshman,

Yup. Without the same rules as other sports, I wonder if he completes college before moving on.

but didn't you say,

"I was just teasing, anyhow. I'm sure that college baseball is meaningful

. . . for some people. :P
"

That was still regular season. :P I guess it is meaningful to me . . . during the commercials of other shows, or as background noise when I'm on the computer. :D
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:02 am

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:03 am
He'll of a showing by the freshman,

Yup. Without the same rules as other sports, I wonder if he completes college before moving on.

but didn't you say,

"I was just teasing, anyhow. I'm sure that college baseball is meaningful

. . . for some people. :P
"

That was still regular season. :P I guess it is meaningful to me . . . during the commercials of other shows, or as background noise when I'm on the computer. :D
Nothing wrong with putting off college. You can do college anytime, but not so with professional baseball.

College helps most of us make money and establish careers. Being a pro ball player (or rock star) makes even more money and opens doors to many careers.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:57 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:02 am
Nothing wrong with putting off college. You can do college anytime, but not so with professional baseball.

College helps most of us make money and establish careers. Being a pro ball player (or rock star) makes even more money and opens doors to many careers.
I agree, I was just wondering if he'll take immediate advantage.

When Robert De Niro gave his "Fuck Trump" speech I came across one pretentious web poster claiming superiority because "uneducated" De Niro dropped out of high school at age 16 to pursue acting. It made no difference to the idiot that De Niro has:

A 12 year and now a 21 year marriage;
6 children;
2 Academy Awards;
2 Golden Globes Awards;
Countless other awards and nominations including several Lifetime Achievement awards;
2 Honorary Doctorates in Fine Arts;
The Presidential Medal of Freedom;
A net worth of $200 million.

Trumpettes are "special".
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:02 am
Nothing wrong with putting off college. You can do college anytime, but not so with professional baseball.

College helps most of us make money and establish careers. Being a pro ball player (or rock star) makes even more money and opens doors to many careers.
I agree, I was just wondering if he'll take immediate advantage.

When Robert De Niro gave his "Fuck Trump" speech I came across one pretentious web poster claiming superiority because "uneducated" De Niro dropped out of high school at age 16 to pursue acting. It made no difference to the idiot that De Niro has:

A 12 year and now a 21 year marriage;
6 children;
2 Academy Awards;
2 Golden Globes Awards;
Countless other awards and nominations including several Lifetime Achievement awards;
2 Honorary Doctorates in Fine Arts;
The Presidential Medal of Freedom;
A net worth of $200 million.

Trumpettes are "special".

And is better read than trump and bush combined.
Just a guess about De Niro, but a fact about the other two.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:39 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:22 pm
And is better read than trump and bush combined.
Just a guess about De Niro, but a fact about the other two.
Not that it's saying much. De Niro can read a script and pronounce the words correctly, so that one is a gimme. ;)

More seriously: "Educated" can be associated with diplomas and degrees, but they don't define it. I told the Trumpette asshole that if he was better educated he would know that. :D
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:02 am
Nothing wrong with putting off college. You can do college anytime, but not so with professional baseball.

College helps most of us make money and establish careers. Being a pro ball player (or rock star) makes even more money and opens doors to many careers.
I agree, I was just wondering if he'll take immediate advantage.

When Robert De Niro gave his "Fuck Trump" speech I came across one pretentious web poster claiming superiority because "uneducated" De Niro dropped out of high school at age 16 to pursue acting....
It happened again, this time about Cher because she spoke out against POSPOTUS' immigration policy.
Cher was too stupid to finish high school. That gives her lots of credibility with liberals.
In responding I came across:

Cher

List of awards and nominations received by Cher

Cher Net Worth: $360 Million

11 Immensely Successful High School Dropouts

Famous High School Dropouts
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Auburn beat GT.

I think our next game is UNC at UNC.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:52 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:50 pm
Auburn beat GT.

I think our next game is UNC at UNC.
That's big beating #1 seed GT in your regional, congrats. But, now it's 35-25 Auburn vs. 44-17 UNC. Go Tar Heels.

Let us now, I'm not following it.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 am

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:52 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:50 pm
Auburn beat GT.

I think our next game is UNC at UNC.
That's big beating #1 seed GT in your regional, congrats. But, now it's 35-25 Auburn vs. 44-17 UNC. Go Tar Heels.

Let us now, I'm not following it.
ESPN2 at 11 a.m. central on Saturday if you are interested in watching
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 am
ESPN2 at 11 a.m. central on Saturday if you are interested in watching
Thx. Let us know if I don't post.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 am
ESPN2 at 11 a.m. central on Saturday if you are interested in watching
Inning 1: Ut-oh. Maybe y'all should just concede now and be thankful it's double elimination. :P
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 18492
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College baseball

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 am
ESPN2 at 11 a.m. central on Saturday if you are interested in watching
Inning 1: Ut-oh. Maybe y'all should just concede now and be thankful it's double elimination. :P
Top of 5th: Never mind.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:18 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 am
ESPN2 at 11 a.m. central on Saturday if you are interested in watching
Inning 1: Ut-oh. Maybe y'all should just concede now and be thankful it's double elimination. :P
Top of 5th: Never mind.
Auburn up 7 to 5
Top of 9th
Auburn at bat with 1 out and bases loaded

What could go wrong
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 5927
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College baseball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:26 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:18 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 am
ESPN2 at 11 a.m. central on Saturday if you are interested in watching
Inning 1: Ut-oh. Maybe y'all should just concede now and be thankful it's double elimination. :P
Top of 5th: Never mind.
Auburn up 7 to 5
Top of 9th
Auburn at bat with 1 out and bases loaded

What could go wrong

3 run homer by the Canadian Crusher
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Post Reply