College football

Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:27 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:03 pm
Michigan got lucky - real lucky.

We have a big one later. They lead the series 17 - 14 - 6
I'm betting it will be 17 - 15 - 6 after tonight.
Polls

Auburn (2-0) AP #10 > #8, congrats.
#17 UCF (2-0) :P
#21 Maryland (2-0) :shock: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
#22 Boise State (2-0) :P
(30) North Carolina :thumbup:
(39) Appalachian State :thumbup:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Marshal
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Texas A&M had trouble conditioning as the game continued and the Tigers proved to be the deeper team. Not only was Clemson football the more talented team, but the 81,500 in attendance made things really tough on the Texas A&M offense all day.
https://rubbingtherock.com/2019/09/07/c ... n-texasam/
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:28 pm

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... es#p101190
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 pm
Some people love sports for the sport
Others are updykes
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=updyke

:lol: :!: Thanks.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Marshal
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Yeah, it's been a while since an sec or big10 team had a win vs Clemson.
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Marshal
Posts: 846
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:45 am

Congrats Coastal Carolina. 8-)
Oh, congrats to the Cal Bears too. 8-)
"Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:14 am

Go:

(20)Washington St -8 @Houston, Fri 09/13 09:15 PM ET.
(21)Maryland -7.5 @Temple, ranked & favored :crazy: .
(24)USC -5 @BYU, yeah, Mormons are worse.
(19)Iowa -1.5 @Iowa St, tight spread, I would have picked whichever was ranked higher.
(9)Florida -8.5 @Kentucky, better than many others in the top 10.
Kent St +35 @(8)Auburn, could be another Kent St massacre.
@(25)Virginia -7.5 Florida St, anyone but FSU.
@Syracuse +27 (1)Clemson, it's happened before.
@(23)Washington -21 Hawaii. Clash of the potheads 8-) .
@UCLA +22 (5)Oklahoma.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am

Was offline yesterday:

Go @(17)UCF -7 Stanford

Too bad Stanford got trounced by USC on Sat. This would have been one of those quality games billy.pilgrim (and I) wants.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am

Gonna be a tough row to hoe, but the years we go undefeated really mean something.


the rest of Auburn’s season, according to ESPN’s FPI:

Sept 14. vs. Kent State: 98.5%
Sept. 21 @ Texas A&M: 43.3%
Sept. 28 vs. Mississippi State: 69.2%
Oct. 5 @ Florida: 41.9%
Oct. 19 @ Arkansas: 90.7%
Oct. 26 @ LSU: 20.1%
Nov. 2 vs. Ole Miss: 84.4%
Nov. 16: vs. Georgia: 47.2%
Nov. 23 vs. Samford: 99.1%
Nov. 30 vs. Alabama: 22.2%


When we go 12 or 14 wins to 0 losses it means something.


And it looks like we have scheduled a non-conference game with UNC
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11075
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by O Really » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am


And it looks like we have scheduled a non-conference game with UNC
Opps - there goes your claim that Auburn doesn't schedule patsy games. :lol:

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am

And it looks like we have scheduled a non-conference game with UNC
Opps - there goes your claim that Auburn doesn't schedule patsy games. :lol:
:D Yeah, it's not like UNC is a powerhouse like Kent State or Samford. :P
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 am

And it looks like we have scheduled a non-conference game with UNC
Opps - there goes your claim that Auburn doesn't schedule patsy games. :lol:
:D Yeah, it's not like UNC is a powerhouse like Kent State or Samford. :P


Seriously for one minute, does anyone here really believe that any ACC team plays as tough a schedule as Auburn?

Non-conference games are a way that teams in lousy conferences can prove themselves. Maybe some day ucf will schedule more than one serious game a year

How can you say that Auburn skimps on opponents when we play 6 regular season games against teams nationally ranked 12 or higher? We generally have to pick a few easy ones but we also play non-conference teams like Oregon. Compare that to the ucf or even Clemson.

College football is all about competition. Creating cupcake schedules and joining the bottom conferences in order to "fix" winning seasons ain't competition.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:31 pm
Seriously for one minute, does anyone here really believe that any ACC team plays as tough a schedule as Auburn?

Non-conference games are a way that teams in lousy conferences can prove themselves ...
Easy Tiger (get it?).

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... on#p101232
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm
[

:D Yeah, it's not like UNC is a powerhouse like Kent State or Samford. :P

Yeah, Sanford proves we play easy schedules.
I guess it would have been more fair if we had scheduled another top 3 team between playing Georgia and Alabama.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Yeah, Sanford proves we play easy schedules.
I guess it would have been more fair if we had scheduled another top 3 team between playing Georgia and Alabama.
Just to be clear, friend:

Auburn plays a tough SEC schedule.
WA plays a tough Pac 12 schedule.
MD plays a tough Big 10 schedule.
Big 12 teams have a tough schedule.

O Really and I are just teasing you . . . because we can, and because you kinda invite it on this topic.

Clemson's schedule would hardly challenge a good FCS or junior college team, and yet they still choose to play Conference USA Charlotte and FCS Wofford rather than make a convincing case for playoff consideration.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Yeah, Sanford proves we play easy schedules.
I guess it would have been more fair if we had scheduled another top 3 team between playing Georgia and Alabama.
Just to be clear, friend:

Auburn plays a tough SEC schedule.
WA plays a tough Pac 12 schedule.
MD plays a tough Big 10 schedule.
Big 12 teams have a tough schedule.

O Really and I are just teasing you . . . because we can, and because you kinda invite it on this topic.

Clemson's schedule would hardly challenge a good FCS or junior college team, and yet they still choose to play Conference USA Charlotte and FCS Wofford rather than make a convincing case for playoff consideration.
I know it's all in fun - mostly

I don't really have a problem with the acc on most years. They may not be many in the top 10, but there are a few that should be able to trip up a team like Clemson - (again) most years
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm
I know it's all in fun - mostly

I don't really have a problem with the acc on most years. They may not be many in the top 10, but there are a few that should be able to trip up a team like Clemson - (again) most years
Go Syracuse, last regular season victor over Clemson, 2017.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:16 pm

George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm
I know it's all in fun - mostly

I don't really have a problem with the acc on most years. They may not be many in the top 10, but there are a few that should be able to trip up a team like Clemson - (again) most years
Go Syracuse, last regular season victor over Clemson, 2017.
Clemson has already played "its" game.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 am

Probably, but not even that if TAMU flops out of the rankings. It's eventual ACC champion opponent MAY be ranked, but maybe not.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:16 pm
Way to go Tennessee, you did good.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/new ... ssee-shirt
Thanks.
VolShop
@UTVolShop

Thank you Vol Nation! Currently, our website has crashed due to the overwhelming support! We are working on the problem. Once the server restarts, we anticipate the issue to be resolved. #GoVols #EverywhereUT

Image
:-||

I would definitely get one, if I like UT or the color orange :D . Maybe neoplacebo, though.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6177
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:15 am

Looks like dumbass deleted his post before I could respond.

Here's my response


I'm an Auburn fan, always have been, likely always will be.
I'm a fan, won lose, or draw in years past.
I was a fan during the Barfield years, the Bowden idiocy and the Chizik fiasco.
I've never noticed a drop in Auburn fans during our bad years.

I could be wrong (I don't really know any Clemson fans but you and you are an idiot) but I'm guessing that Clemson fans are as fair-weather as bammer fans.

You can rate yourself based on how you handled the Ingrim and Parker years.
Are you really a Clemson fan or just a band wagon fan.
I think you are a fan only when they win. You are the type.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Post Reply