NFL Football

Post Reply
User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm

I read today the Raiders are figuring on slinking back to Oakland even though the city is suing them. A big difference from back when I was out in the Bay Area in the late 70's when the Raiders were riding high. Sigh. Ken Stabler Lester Hayes Fred Biletnikoff Mark van Eeghen Ted Hendricks ahhh, the good old days. And Madden was the coach. :D

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15518
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:38 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm
I read today the Raiders are figuring on slinking back to Oakland even though the city is suing them. A big difference from back when I was out in the Bay Area in the late 70's when the Raiders were riding high. Sigh. Ken Stabler Lester Hayes Fred Biletnikoff Mark van Eeghen Ted Hendricks ahhh, the good old days. And Madden was the coach. :D
Raiders reportedly negotiating to return to Oakland for 2019 season, despite opposition
This comes just months after Oakland filed an antitrust lawsuit against the team


... According to NBC Bay Area's Raj Mathai, City Council President Rebecca Kaplan said that "if the Raiders wanted to offer us a huge increased lease payment -- much more than we previously discussed -- in exchange for dropping the lawsuit, we might be willing to consider it."
:---P

Wow.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:38 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm
I read today the Raiders are figuring on slinking back to Oakland even though the city is suing them. A big difference from back when I was out in the Bay Area in the late 70's when the Raiders were riding high. Sigh. Ken Stabler Lester Hayes Fred Biletnikoff Mark van Eeghen Ted Hendricks ahhh, the good old days. And Madden was the coach. :D
Raiders reportedly negotiating to return to Oakland for 2019 season, despite opposition
This comes just months after Oakland filed an antitrust lawsuit against the team


... According to NBC Bay Area's Raj Mathai, City Council President Rebecca Kaplan said that "if the Raiders wanted to offer us a huge increased lease payment -- much more than we previously discussed -- in exchange for dropping the lawsuit, we might be willing to consider it."
:---P

Wow.
Well, that don't sound like a welcome. If they had guys like those I noted earlier, it would be a win win but it not gonna happen

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15518
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:48 pm

George Blanda, Daryle Lamonica!
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:48 pm
George Blanda, Daryle Lamonica!
I wonder if they would even let Blanda play in the current NFL. He did have that deformed foot that could be construed as an advantage. But then again he could claim discrimination. It would be a real quandary that Fox News would be uncertain about.....they'd probably wait until somebody make a sexual faux pas. Fuck that.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15518
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:27 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 pm
I wonder if they would even let Blanda play in the current NFL. He did have that deformed foot that could be construed as an advantage. But then again he could claim discrimination. It would be a real quandary that Fox News would be uncertain about.....they'd probably wait until somebody make a sexual faux pas. Fuck that.
:?:
George Blanda, placekicker and QB. My Mom, just 4 years younger than him, loved and was inspired by Blanda.

Are you thinking of Tom Dempsey?

Image
So many wingnuts, so little time.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 am

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:27 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 pm
I wonder if they would even let Blanda play in the current NFL. He did have that deformed foot that could be construed as an advantage. But then again he could claim discrimination. It would be a real quandary that Fox News would be uncertain about.....they'd probably wait until somebody make a sexual faux pas. Fuck that.
:?:
George Blanda, placekicker and QB. My Mom, just 4 years younger than him, loved and was inspired by Blanda.

Are you thinking of Tom Dempsey?

Image
Opps! My mistake. How gauche of me.....their names aren't even similar

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9742
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by O Really » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 am

Anybody catch the opener of the AAF last night?
Na, me neither.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 807748002/


User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9742
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by O Really » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 am
Anybody catch the opener of the AAF last night?
Na, me neither.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 807748002/
Hmm, maybe next week..
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/big-win-aa ... 03810.html

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 15518
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 am

Bob Costas says he was removed from Super Bowl broadcast due to comments on concussions, CTE in NFL

Yeah, I still watch, but I don't give any money to the NFL or college ball in any way.

Comment:
They'll forgive you for being wrong, but they won't forgive you for being right -- Old workplace saying.
So many wingnuts, so little time.

Post Reply