NFL Football

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:05 pm
Good effin Lord.

Next thing you know Cheetohead will claim that Kansas City is in the path of a hurricane.
Just 6 weeks for his stupidity to switch from humorous to dangerous.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:33 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:43 am
Congratulations to Sammy Watkins, Bashaud Breeland and Dorian O'Daniel.
Super Bowl Champions :thumbup:
O’Daniel became a Super Bowl champion after previously being a member of Clemson’s 2016 national championship squad.
https://clemsontigers.com/three-former- ... owl-rings/

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Yuck!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

O Really
Vice admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That's awful. How are they going to get rid of the "LA" part the next time they move to the hinterlands? At least the helmets had stayed basically the same since at least the 60's and before.

GoCubsGo
Commander

O Really wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:16 pm
That's awful. How are they going to get rid of the "LA" part the next time they move to the hinterlands? At least the helmets had stayed basically the same since at least the 60's and before.

LA just spent a billion plus on a new stadium for them, so they're probably good for 20 years or so, then they can start whining for a new and improved stadium.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Panthers to release QB Cam Newton

It'll be weird to see him in a different uniform.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:19 pm
Panthers to release QB Cam Newton

It'll be weird to see him in a different uniform.
Kind of surprised the franchise has chosen to move away from him. Unless his body is battered beyond repair, I still think he has a lot of good football ahead of him. He will have to change his reckless style if he wants to last, hopefully he's learned. Wish him well.

Also hope he gets a new tailor.

O Really
Vice admiral

I'm wondering if they know something about his health/conditioning/limitations that we don't know. Hard to believe they'd really dump the "face of the franchise" if they thought he had another year or so. But he hasn't been up to his usual level for play now for a couple of years. I'm thinking the years of abuse have pretty much caught up with him. He's not going to make it to Brady-land fershure.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:08 pm
I'm wondering if they know something about his health/conditioning/limitations that we don't know. Hard to believe they'd really dump the "face of the franchise" if they thought he had another year or so. But he hasn't been up to his usual level for play now for a couple of years. I'm thinking the years of abuse have pretty much caught up with him. He's not going to make it to Brady-land fershure.
Looks like Russell Wilson won't, either. :D
Washington Governor references Tom Brady, not Russell Wilson, when calling out President Trump

... When Trump responded to the governors that he was ready to "backup" states in crisis, Inslee interjected with this response:

"We don't need a backup. We need a Tom Brady."

Um...a Tom Brady is exactly what Washingtonians don't need, Mr. Inslee....
Opps.
Day ?? of the coronavirus and we're at the Trump/Inslee/Tom Brady/Russell Wilson portion of the event.
Governor Jay Inslee
@GovInslee

I would have said Russell Wilson...but no one can be @DangeRussWilson.
:D Somewhat smooth recovery.
If Russ was in charge, we would already have five billion ventilators, eight billion face masks, universal health care, mortgage & student loan cancellations, and checks in the mail to *every* American. And that would be the first day, before lunch.
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tom Brady caught working out at Tampa park closed because of coronavirus, mayor says
The city tweeted it is excited to welcome back the new Tampa Bay Buccaneer QB when the park is open, but "until then, stay safe and stay home as much as you can."

I know that it's debatable whether the GOAT is a cheater, but just the fact that he's been accused of it makes this so funny:

Stephen Colbert, paraphrased: Even in the twilight of his career when he has nothing left to prove Brady cheats for the sheer love of it.

:lol:
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Audit: Brett Favre was paid $1.1M in Mississippi welfare funds for appearances he didn't make

If true:

:obscene-birdiered: Brett Favre
:obscene-birdiered: Mississippi Department of Human Services
:obscene-birdiered: Mississippi Community Education Center
-- Voltaire

O Really
Vice admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:28 pm

If true:

:obscene-birdiered: Brett Favre
:obscene-birdiered: Mississippi Department of Human Services
:obscene-birdiered: Mississippi Community Education Center
:obscene-birdiered: Mississippi in general

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:11 pm
:obscene-birdiered: Mississippi in general
:D

In 2012 Pete Carroll flew to Denver to try and sign free-agent Peyton Manning, and Manning wouldn't go see him

A rookie Wilson instead of an aged Manning worked out pretty good for Seattle.
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It’s been 10 days since George Floyd was brutally murdered. How many times do we need to ask you to listen to your players? What will it take? For one of us to be murdered by police brutality? What if I was George Floyd.

I am George Floyd. I am Breonna Taylor. I am Ahmaud Arbery. I am Eric Garner. I am Laquan McDonald. I am Tamir Rice. I am Trayvon Martin. I am Walter Scott. I am Michael Brown Jr. I am Samuel Dubose. I am Frank Smart. I am Phillip White. I am Jordan Baker.

We will not be silenced. We assert our right to peacefully protest. It shouldn’t take this long to admit. So, on behalf of the National Football League, this is what we, the players, would like to hear you state: ‘We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black people. We, the National Football League, admit wrong in silencing our players from peacefully protesting. We, the National Football League, believe Black lives matter.

-- Patrick Mahomes, Odell Beckham Jr., Tyrann Mathieu, Ezekiel Elliott, Jarvis Landry, Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, Jamal Adams, Saquon Barkley and Michael Thomas.
https://news.yahoo.com/nfl-stars-call-l ... 17066.html
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wow. that was fast. Great job, players!

Roger Goodell: NFL admits 'we were wrong' on player protests, says 'black lives matter'
“We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people,” Goodell said. “We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest.

“We, the National Football League, believe black lives matter. I personally protest with you and want to be part of the much-needed change in this country. Without black players, there would be no National Football League. And the protests around the country are emblematic of the centuries of silence, inequality and oppression of black players, coaches, fans and staff.”
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:06 pm
Wow. that was fast. Great job, players!

Roger Goodell: NFL admits 'we were wrong' on player protests, says 'black lives matter'
“We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people,” Goodell said. “We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest.

“We, the National Football League, believe black lives matter. I personally protest with you and want to be part of the much-needed change in this country. Without black players, there would be no National Football League. And the protests around the country are emblematic of the centuries of silence, inequality and oppression of black players, coaches, fans and staff.”
Too little too late , but at least it'll piss Cheetohead off.
How long till the tweet?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:44 pm
Too little too late,
:thumbup: We won't rest until Colin Kaepernick is named NFL commissioner. More seriously, I could see him being hired to some advisory role if he even would want it.
but at least it'll piss Cheetohead off.
How long till the tweet?
What's the over/under?
(damn, I miss sports)
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:18 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Too little too late,
:thumbup: We won't rest until Colin Kaepernick is named NFL commissioner. More seriously, I could see him being hired to some advisory role if he even would want it.
but at least it'll piss Cheetohead off.
How long till the tweet?
What's the over/under?
(damn, I miss sports)
1 am eastern time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
1 am eastern time.
Over, at least 0500 ET.
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:30 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
1 am eastern time.
Over, at least 0500 ET.
You might be right, he generally runs behind the breaking news by about a day. See Drew Brees.