Elections

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:53 am

Today is one of the few times in my adult life that I'm not voting. Here in Hooterville we have no ballot measures, no bonds, and the option of picking 2 city council candidates from among 2 GOP incumbents and a newbie that's said little more than that she likes the town, will study things and will work hard - no website and no policy agenda that I could find.

:roll:

I hope y'all have better options wherever you are.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Elections

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:48 am

The homophobic thread :> , page 212, June 2019:
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... imm#p97387

Discussion of the first Hendersonville, NC Pride Day;
My note to city council and the mayor supporting it;
Apparently homophobic Councilmember Steven Caraker’s reply accusing me of being Timm Kurtz;
My response laughing at him - never heard back.

11/5/2019 election, 4 candidates including Cracker running for 2 seats. I’m voting for:
Lyndsey Simpson
Debbie Roundtree

Jennifer Hensley looks okay, too. Anyone else have an opinion? Nothing else to vote on, yawn.

Cracker will almost certainly be reelected. We’re pretty kind to incumbents here.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:50 am

Holy crap!

CITY OF HENDERSONVILLE CITY COUNCIL (VOTE FOR 2)

Jennifer Hensley 941 28.82%
Lyndsey Simpson 928 28.42%
Debbie Roundtree 699 21.41%
Steven A. Caraker 688 21.07%
Write-In (Miscellaneous) 9 0.28%

My only slight disappointment is that the black woman, Roundtree, didn't win, but I don't really know that she's any better than Hensley, who I did not vote for. From looking at their websites and my personal experience the only things I knew for sure were that I liked Simpson the most and not Cracker at all.

Council will now be 50% women. Along with a woman mayor, Hendersonville govt became majority female in the blink of an eye.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Dear Council rep. Cracker,

Remember me? I'm the guy that congratulated you on Pride Day only to discover that you're a pitiful homophobe and a paranoid that thought I was Timm Kurtz. Then, when I proved to you that I'm not Timm, you were too gutless to apologize or even acknowledge.

I had to laugh this past week listening to you on the TV. Turns out that you're also a racist and a sexist. You were actually so stupid as to publicly declare that having a White female mayor along with the entirely White male Council is "diverse" enough. This in a city that's 50% or more women and 30% non-White. Wow.

What a thrill it is to see tonight's returns! In a city as incumbent-friendly as Hendersonville it takes real "talent" for an incumbent to come in 4th. You lost to 3 women, including a Black woman. Now THAT is diversity. This could only be more perfect if I someday learn that one or more of the women is a lesbian.

Enjoy your retirement, I sure will.

Peace,
(Vrede too)
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:50 am
Dear Council rep. Cracker,

... This could only be more perfect if I someday learn that one or more of the women is a lesbian.

Enjoy your retirement, I sure will.

Peace,
(Vrede too)
Lyndsey Simpson is a wife and mother, but I see links to Hendersonville Pride and PFLAG on her facebook page. Close enough :thumbup: .
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?