Guns

A properly run conservative forum with conservative mods. ;)
Note: Conservatives abandoned this due to the need to ban everyone they disagree with.
Contact the admin if you would like to moderate this forum. The admin is more than willing to change images and theme as you see fit.
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Guns

Unread post by JTA » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Does anyone else like shooting guns?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:54 pm

JTA wrote:Does anyone else like shooting guns?
Like?? Not like I "like" playing music or "like" cooking or like beers.. .. but I occasionally do.

I've always said that I'm not anti-gun.. . I'm anti-gun nut... the NRA/TeaBaggers/Red Necks/... have distorted the 2nd Amendment into a bizarre "we have to protect ourselves from the gubmint and clips just aren't big enough yet" thing.. .
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Guns

Unread post by bannination » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Crock Hunter wrote:
JTA wrote:Does anyone else like shooting guns?
Like?? Not like I "like" playing music or "like" cooking or like beers.. .. but I occasionally do.

I've always said that I'm not anti-gun.. . I'm anti-gun nut... the NRA/TeaBaggers/Red Necks/... have distorted the 2nd Amendment into a bizarre "we have to protect ourselves from the gubmint and clips just aren't big enough yet" thing.. .
I love that they somehow think they're going to overthrow the entire government when necessary with their pea shooters while simultaneously funding the military to obscene levels.

Yep, I'll be in the backyard trying to take down the F-14's with my .22lr.

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm

bannination wrote:Yep, I'll be in the backyard trying to take down the F-14's with my .22lr.
It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters. 8-)
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 pm

JTA wrote:Does anyone else like shooting guns?
Is the Pope Catholic? I especially like the fire and noise that you get when blowing off both barrels of a sawed off shotgun. I also admire the sound and fury and kick of a .357 handgun. By the way, I relish the idea that Obama's jackboot minions come to my house and even ask any questions. I'll blow those bastards away before they know what happened. Dumbasses.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by O Really » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:03 pm

I like to shoot, and, within the limits of what I'm interested in, I'm very good. My interests are self and home defense, so I'm not into shooting skeet, Bambi, ducks, doves, or bears. I enjoyed participating in a practical shooting group before moving here, but the only club I found around here requires NRA membership, which I'd rather eat shit and die than contribute to. I've taken training from the organization founded by Massad Ayoob that used to be known as the Lethal Force Institute. I don't shoot as often as I'd like to, and plan on taking another course in tactical use in March.

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 am

O Really wrote: and plan on taking another course in tactical use in March.
Is a CWP your goal... you know that that's just a way we liberals keep track of the more unstable gun-nuts.. .
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 am

Crock Hunter wrote:
O Really wrote: and plan on taking another course in tactical use in March.
Is a CWP your goal... you know that that's just a way we liberals keep track of the more unstable gun-nuts.. .
Ha - I've had a concealed carry permit or permits for years, and what passes for "training" for those is about the same as looking up "airplane" in Wikipedia and thus be given a license to fly for Delta. Oh wait, maybe that explains some of the Delta flights I've been on.

I do realize the damgummint will eventually sent the jackbooted SWAT team to my house to take away my guns, unless of course I give money to the NRA. Apparently there is a conspiracy for the damgummint to target only non-NRA contributors, and that NRA members can deduct the cost of guns and ammunition, as well as gun club dues, from their taxes.

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 am

O Really wrote:I've had a concealed carry permit or permits for years,
There's nothing in the Constitution that would require a "permit" to bear arms.. .. in fact requiring a permit sounds like a fairly significant violation of "shall not be infringed"..

Why do gun-nuts (I don't know that you are one) tolerate this serious infringement yet have their panties set on auto-wad for other regulations.
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:28 am

I understand that something named "Conservative Forum" isn't a likely place to give or expect real answers, but concealed carry laws have been around since 18-something, starting ironically in Kentucky or somewhere like that, and first ruled constitutional in 1897, Robertson v. Baldwin. So during most of the 19th and 20th centuries, up until the NRA turned rogue about 40 years ago, it was seen as reasonable by responsible gun owners.

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 pm

O Really wrote:I understand that something named "Conservative Forum" isn't a likely place to give or expect real answers, but concealed carry laws have been around since 18-something, starting ironically in Kentucky or somewhere like that, and first ruled constitutional in 1897, Robertson v. Baldwin. So during most of the 19th and 20th centuries, up until the NRA turned rogue about 40 years ago, it was seen as reasonable by responsible gun owners.
I see.. so what became of those "responsible gun owners" .. gone the way of the Dodo or are they more in the realm of Gryphons ... (Of course if this were any other Conservative Forum ..I'd have you banned for revealing the fact that gun regulations were Constitutional...)
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Vrede wrote: What's the point of a non-shooting gun?
As an abstract representation of male Tea Party members (double entendre intended) in delineating the emblematic characteristics of advanced age mental degradation and/or of anxiety stemming from an inability to detect fabricated crises ??

Just a guess.... .. 8-) ..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Crock Hunter wrote:
O Really wrote:I understand that something named "Conservative Forum" isn't a likely place to give or expect real answers, but concealed carry laws have been around since 18-something, starting ironically in Kentucky or somewhere like that, and first ruled constitutional in 1897, Robertson v. Baldwin. So during most of the 19th and 20th centuries, up until the NRA turned rogue about 40 years ago, it was seen as reasonable by responsible gun owners.
I see.. so what became of those "responsible gun owners" .. gone the way of the Dodo or are they more in the realm of Gryphons ... (Of course if this were any other Conservative Forum ..I'd have you banned for revealing the fact that gun regulations were Constitutional...)
Not that you could tell from the published rhetoric, but most gun owners are still responsible, and most don't even support the NRA position on things like background checks. But the NRA is driving the train, and has a lot of otherwise rational people convinced that if they don't join the NRA and give them money, that Obama will be coming for their guns. And the NRA owns enough members of Congress to forestall any effort for any effort to actually enforce existing law or to get a better grip on the sales process.

JTA
Commander
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by JTA » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Vrede wrote:
JTA wrote:Does anyone else like shooting guns?
What's the point of a non-shooting gun?
Decoration. I used to have a battle axe hanging on my wall when I was a teenager because I thought it looked cool. It was a non-chopping axe.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by O Really » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:13 pm

JTA wrote:
Vrede wrote:
JTA wrote:Does anyone else like shooting guns?
What's the point of a non-shooting gun?
Decoration. I used to have a battle axe hanging on my wall when I was a teenager because I thought it looked cool. It was a non-chopping axe.
I knew a guy married to one of those. Didn't keep her on the wall, though.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 9761
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by O Really » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 am

Decorative guns...hmmm. OK, there are a lot of historical examples - the musket, early carbines, derringers, Gatlings, cannons. Swords, too, along with the mace and spear. Doesn't seem to go that well with our own "Pottery Barn" type decor, but if one was into having dead animal heads on the wall or revolutionary or civil war hats and flags, maybe the guns would be a good addition. Personally, I see my firearms as equipment - no more or less than the electronic security system.

User avatar
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Location: THIS USER IS BANNED

Re: Guns

Unread post by Crock Hunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:23 am

O Really wrote:no more or less than the electronic security system.

Fair enough.. so long as you don't start going to security system shows, stockpiling security systems and ordering clips to hold 30 backup batteries.. 8-)
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

JTA
Commander
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by JTA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:38 pm

O Really wrote:
JTA wrote:
Vrede wrote:
JTA wrote:Does anyone else like shooting guns?
What's the point of a non-shooting gun?
Decoration. I used to have a battle axe hanging on my wall when I was a teenager because I thought it looked cool. It was a non-chopping axe.
I knew a guy married to one of those. Didn't keep her on the wall, though.
Some ladies aren't into that sort of thing.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2561
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Guns

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:35 pm

The school shooting in Roswell NM the other day could not have been prevented by any amount of misguided "gun control" laws by the brain damaged terminally stupid liberals. How the hell could any god fearing American parent of a teenager possibly conceive of a situation in which their own son would take their sawed off shotgun to school and start firing off rounds at random? No way in hell could this have been averted. Same thing with the patriotic retired police captain who shot and killed a menacing miscreant in the middle of a serene movie matinee. It just makes me want to strangle somebody.

User avatar
Wneglia
Midshipman
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: Guns

Unread post by Wneglia » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:34 am

Sensible Gun Control

Great Idea! Why didn't I think of this?

In 1865 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.

In 1881 a left wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States who later died from the wound.

In 1963 a radical left wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.

In 1975 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States

In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.

In 1984 James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.

In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.

In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.

In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, TX.

In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.

In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.

In 2001 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US.

In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.

In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung - Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.

In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.

In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.

In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.

In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown, CT.

As recently as Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.

One could go on, but you get the point, even if the media does not. Guns don’t kill people. Democrats kill people!

Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns.

Not one NRA member, Tea Party member, or Republican conservative was involved in any of these shootings and murders.

SOLUTION : It should be illegal for Democrats to own guns.

:mrgreen:

Post Reply